• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolmoose

Neo Member
Anyone interested in paypaling me...

1. $3.75 for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Borderlands GOTY (all 3 games for 3.75 total)
or
2. $3.33 for Borderlands GOTY and The Darkness 2?
or
3. $13.33 for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, Civ V Goty, and Civ IV Complete

I want to get Duke Nukem Forever on Amazon and have the $5 credit but don't need the other codes that would come in the pack.

Know that feel. I just want Civ 5/G&K and $5 credit to burn. No need for Stronghold or Civ IV.

Dizzy

Banned
By the time you get your money back the games wont be on sale for the cheaper price anymore. It's just $10 for a game that you will always have, discs will never get scratched, and the games will always be backwards compatible.
It takes that long to resolve the issue? damn.

Meh I own all the games on ps1,2 and 3 anyway. Just figured double dipping for a low price wouldn't hurt.

Are Steam games always backwards compatible? I've been googling older games to see if they work before I buy them and plenty of people on steam are having to jump through hoops to get some older games working on windows 7.

gabbre

Those Steam sales in one picture

jbjh3xqjmPHBbA_e.jpg

Make them shorter Valve

Grief.exe

It takes that long to resolve the issue? damn.

Meh I own all the games on ps1,2 and 3 anyway. Just figured double dipping for a low price wouldn't hurt.

Are Steam games always backwards compatible? I've been googling older games to see if they work before I buy them and plenty of people on steam are having to jump through hoops to get some older games working on windows 7.

That generally happens. There are always fairly simple fixes.

My suggestions would be steam forums, wide screen gaming, or pc gaming wiki.

All generally have solutions to get games easily working on windows 7.

Puzzles were too hard for me. I quit halfway through :(

I've been wanting to say this for a while, but I REALLY hate puzzles in 1st/3rd person games.

I've hated them always, the easy ones and the hard ones equally. Even the Portal series, they were so damn easy the only enjoyable part was the exploration and narratives.

R&C Crack in Time had the only puzzles in an action adventure that I have ever enjoyed I think.

Wish that game franchise would launch on PC, it would be like PC's mario.

Derrick01

Banned
Did Steam just crash/go offline for anyone else?

My friend and I both lost connections while playing BL2 and now it says "No Connection" and won't reconnect.

Yeah I got booted too but I'm still downloading stuff and gaf works so it's not my internet. It's working for my friend though so who knows wtf is going on.

Kammie

I've been wanting to say this for a while, but I REALLY hate puzzles in 1st/3rd person games.

I've hated them always, the easy ones and the hard ones equally.
All you really do in Anniversary is just stick a cog or a key somewhere, or pull a lever to lower something you can jump and latch onto.

If anyone can only afford one Tomb Raider game, yeah, get Anniversary. They're all fun games, though.

Caerith

All you really do in Anniversary is just stick a cog or a key somewhere, or pull a lever to lower something you can jump and latch onto.

If anyone can only afford one Tomb Raider game, yeah, get Anniversary. They're all fun games, though.
GoL had puzzles but they were pretty good. I've never played an actual Tomb Raider though.

haikira

Anyone want to buy me Thirty Flights of Loving and Miasmata for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?

Here's the price of the games, in the US. Still works out the cheapest deal, for the game.

Thirty Flights of Loving + Miasmata = $11.23

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Current Price) = $16.74

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 4-pack = $12.56 each

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (When it was on a daily sale) = $12.49

cicero

I said it before and I'll say it again: There will be an influx of Fallout: New Vegas (And fallout 3 for that matter) GOTY keys for sale in mid-to-end of January, once the Bethesda Pack keys are given by GamersGate.

So unless you're really desperate to play it anytime soon, i'd wait until the end of the month

There's always the chance that they won't fulfill the sales, but I doubt that.

Are they actually going to fulfill those orders though? Not sure how far they will go for gifted copies that were partially activated but that also had been refunded.

jediyoshi

Wolfie5

So, I got bored and checked which flash games hasn't been a daily yet. Here is my "prediction" for the upcoming daily deals. You will see most or maybe even all of these games divided into the last few daily deals:

Longest journey
Metro 2033
Operation Flashpoint
Resident Evil 5
I am Alive
Divinity
Amnesia
Dragon Age Origins
Stalker
Crysis
Rage
Devi May Cry 4

There were a few more that I didn't list.

RedSwirl

Torchlight is pretty forgettable. Torchlight 2 is stellar. Just make sure to play on Veteran or Elite difficulty.

Wow. Somehow I feel the same and thought I was the only one.

Now, I'd never played a Diablo game before Torchlight so I was still impressed by how refined the base gameplay mechanics were in the first Torchlight, but still felt that the experience was ultimately forgettable. For some reason though Torchlight II totally sucked me in and I'm not completely sure why. Everything including visuals, exploration, sound, and even the feedback of the controls felt much better.

Amneisac

I had the opposite experience for Torchlight 2. I'm always a fan of coop and I would have thought I wanted Torchlight 2 to be co-op, but I think it's too 'busy' to tell what's happening. Most of the abilities are kind of indeterminable bursts of primary colors and it's next to impossible to know who's shooting what and what's attacking you.

I really enjoyed the original Torchlight single player, but didn't like Torchlight 2 very much at all. And I greatly preferred the actual gameplay (as in combat) in Diablo 3 to Torchlight 2. I felt much more in control of my attacks / CC and it felt paced better to me. Just my opinion of course.

Wow. Somehow I feel the same and thought I was the only one.

Now, I'd never played a Diablo game before Torchlight so I was still impressed by how refined the base gameplay mechanics were in the first Torchlight, but still felt that the experience was ultimately forgettable. For some reason though Torchlight II totally sucked me in and I'm not completely sure why. Everything including visuals, exploration, sound, and even the feedback of the controls felt much better.

There was no sense of journey in Torchlight 1. Any good game needs to feel like a journey. Instead it felt like you were taking an elevator to different floors of a warehouse that stored game levels.

Caerith

There was no sense of journey in Torchlight 1. Any good game needs to feel like a journey. Instead it felt like you were taking an elevator to different floors of a warehouse that stored game levels.
If that was literally the game premise, and you rode a forklift between levels, it would be my GOTY.

DJ_Lae

I have very little disposable money this year so my scores have all been modest:

-RAGE, $5
-Orcs Must Die 2, $6.79 or something
-some adventure game I've already forgotten the name of, $2.50

I still do not know if JasonFrost really enjoyed playing Bad Rats so much...

Poor JasonFrost.

I still resent Steam (and Gabe) for my winning of Bad Rats during last winter's sale. Completing the achievements was fun each day, and then I was rewarded with a prize on par with herpes.

Amneisac

Yeah, that's valid. At the same time Torchlight II still has no story and it's just a bunch of completely generic sidequests that move you from zone to zone. It's like the elevator just goes left to right instead of up and down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom