• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall

So this Sale I bought:

The Longest Journey
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER
Doom Pack 2012
Thief II
Magical Drop V
Qube
Dear Esther
Ghost Master
Hitman: Blood Money
Solar 2
Noitu Love 2 Devolution

Spent all of about £23. Not bad at all. Spent far far more on sales past, especially last year. Now I feel I have everything I want.

Did anyone here actually play Miasmata and can share some opinions?
It looks like something I'd actually want to play right now after the GB QL, but it also looks janky as fuck.

I still do not know if JasonFrost really enjoyed playing Bad Rats so much...

And apparently he is #0:
Seriously, how could I be #0?

XIbWl.gif

sonicmj1

So I feel like my Steam library is already pretty stocked, and I don't really need more games. The only title I've really been waiting for a daily deal on is Kane and Lynch 2. It seems interesting enough that it'd be worth checking out at the right price. But that deal has never come.

Should I just give up on the appearance of such a deal?

Tizoc

I personally liked TR Legend, it's a short but fun action/adventure game, although most TR fans seem to dislike it due it being different than previous TR games.

DSmalls84

Did anyone here actually play Miasmata and can share some opinions?
It looks like something I'd actually want to play right now after the GB QL, but it also looks janky as fuck.

Yeah I think I'm going to grab it but a lot of the reviews mention performance issues. Guess it's probably to be expected from a game that was developed engine up by two guys.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Bought the Tomb Raider Collection. Hells yes. Loved the original and thought Anniversary was a darn fine game, so I'm a fan of both the Core and Crystal games.

The only games I missed this sale were Dark Souls and Far Cry 3. But I can hold off until Summer Sales. From this sale other than the TR Collection I still have The Witcher and XCOM to keep me busy through Winter, not to mention Rising, GTA V, and Bioshock Infinite come Spring time.

Zero148

until now I bought Age of Empires III, Deus Ex HR, Far Cry 2, Napoleon Total War, Kotor I and II, Tropico 4 and the Witcher 2.

Quite a few new games plus the THQ Humble Bundle

I personally liked TR Legend, it's a short but fun action/adventure game, although most TR fans seem to dislike it due it being different than previous TR games.

I really like all the tomb raider games for different reasons. 1 because it was new and shiny, 2 for the swimming, 3 for the brutal difficulty and memorable parts like getting past crocs, 4 for the best giant tomb feeling, underworld the water, chonicles the outfits.

Anniversary is the proper answer but I really like underworld better these days, especially the first couple of levels.

Silent Hill Homecoming please go down to about $10, you've been out for over 4 years now and you're still $40 so you need a discount period, Steam sale or not.

Grief.exe

Silent Hill Homecoming please go down to about $10, you've been out for over 4 years now and you're still $40 so you need a discount period, Steam sale or not.

I got that game for free last year for completing the meta game achievements.

I actually traded it for Reccetear.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do Max Payne 1/2 run well on modern PCs and hold up? I haven't played them in forever
They do on mine (W7 x86), but I had to use a patch for the non-Steam versions. Haven't tried the Steam versions yet.

They hold up as if they were released yesterday, graphics aside (which still don't look bad at all).

Giran

Shogun 2 or Empire?

:/

Still not sure.

Pick the setting that appeals to you more. Both great games.

Although Empire had some slow ass wait times between turns late game for me. Napoleon addressed that. And Shogun 2 definitely takes the cake when it comes multiplayer.

Konami and Capcom dont "get" Steam, Lost Planet 2 will have to remain in my wishlist for eons.

Yeah well, Konami and Capcom don't get a lot of things so I suppose that should be expected. But really, in no way in hell is Homecoming worth $40. I like the game, but it is indeed very mediocre in a number of ways.

Tizoc

heard that. been waiting for a sale on it (missed the amazon one in December)

Waaaaaaaaa how much was it going for during December?

...Speaking of Total War I only have Shogun 2 and FotS, which of the other TW games are worth getting but with their interface/UI not being very archiac or outdated?

Yep, it's gone together with a few 007 games. We still don't know why exactly.

Cant find Wolfenstein either (the latest one) :(

Damn I wish I had gotten BLUR, it never went cheap enough though :(

I wonder why Activision is cleaning house on Steam. (Please dont release your own DD service)

Kinyou

I'd say go with Shogun 2, as it's the latest entry of the series.
Thought the same, it's probably the most polished, but obviously also 7 euros more expensive

Pick the setting that appeals to you more. Both great games.

Although Empire had some slow ass wait times between turns late game for me. Napoleon addressed that. And Shogun 2 definitely takes the cake when it comes multiplayer.
Never really played much Multiplayer in Rome or Medieval so not sure if that's really a plus for me. Like though how Shogun 2 appears to be more focused on melee battles. I feel like taking care of all those guns is going to be a little too complex for me, lol

Watevaman

Ok this is at least the 2nd time KOTOR has gone on sale, so I'm assuming all hope is lost for an actual SW franchise sale.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Waaaaaaaaa how much was it going for during December?

...Speaking of Total War I only have Shogun 2 and FotS, which of the other TW games are worth getting but with their interface/UI not being very archiac or outdated?

don't remember...but it was stupid cheap. sub 5 i think and you could get the $5 rebate

Grief.exe

You can run it in widescreen.

Just have to force it.

http://www.wsgf.org/node/226

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne

Wouldn't the image be stretched though?

The image is stretched though, there's no way to adjust the FOV

As far as I can tell, no they are not. Looks like its rendering at the correct resolution to me.

The only thing that is stretched/upscaled are the UI assets, but that is something you learn to deal with playing older games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom