• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAMGAF | plays games - Proteus & Grim Legends

Arthea

No one finished Deadly Premonition?

Maybe we could have another game at the same time this week

I was thinking about it, but decided to leave it for the next week (this one) until everybody finished to play with SoM and Aliens and then pick a new game, hopefully someone will finish Deadly Premonition until then.

Deques

I was thinking about it, but decided to leave it for the next week (this one) until everybody finished to play with SoM and Aliens and then pick a new game, hopefully someone will finish Deadly Premonition until then.

Next time maybe you should pick two games. One long game and one short game. This way maybe this thread will get more active.

I chose not to play Deadly Premonition because it is a long game

Arthea

Next time maybe you should pick two games. One long game and one short game. This way maybe this thread will get more active.

I chose not to play Deadly Premonition because it is a long game

That's good idea, actually, we'll pick a short game too if a long is picked.

No one finished Deadly Premonition?

tumblr_mezbvd0ZpM1qzrd0t.jpg

i'm going to calm down with some re4

Arthea

it's time to move on.
This week we'll try to play two short games, one - Proteus is only an hour long, we should manage to finish at least this one!

edited: don't forget to post your impressions.

Nevemind, for some reason I often mistake Reus and Proteus.

By some kind of coincidence, I have started playing Reus just last Saturday, and albeit at the beginning I thought it was a little boring, I must admit after I finished the tutorials I felt it had grown on me, it is very addictive.

Arthea

I finished Proteus. It's shorter than an hour, it's most likely possible to spend more time in it, I'm not sure.
First let me tell you that a game kept crashing in full screen mode, but it worked nicely in windowed one, it's a pity resolution is so low, though. Now onto the game.
It's not particularly interesting or entertaining, then again I'm not into minimalism too much. But I liked ending, that was... unexpected, worth playing even
as at some point it thrown my sense of perspective in disarray and it felt like flying, even if it was only snow covering slowly all world, nicely done!

some screens:

Nevemind, for some reason I often mistake Reus and Proteus.

By some kind of coincidence, I have started playing Reus just last Saturday, and albeit at the beginning I thought it was a little boring, I must admit after I finished the tutorials I felt it had grown on me, it is very addictive.

Reus is a really long game if do everything, or better to say endless. I've spent about 40 hours with it and I was not even close to doing everything possible. Also it seems not that many people are into god games, as far as I noticed.

Deques

Just finished the game. The visual is great and I the music relaxing. I wish that Minecraft had the same kind of style

Spyware

So, uh... Proteus.
It didn't do anything for me. Maybe the first two minutes when I thought the visuals were pretty different and cool. But then that got a bit boring too. I actually find it prettier in screenshots.
Didn't find the ending interesting at all either.

Sadly I have no time for the other game right now but I like this thread idea and I'm subscribing :)

Let me start saying if you're having problem runing the game go to properties > beta> beta 1.2- it should solve the crashing issue.

Now properly talking about the game, in my modest opinion it's a game to not be played in one sitting, sure it may be an hour long, but I find observing the fauna and flora and listening to the different souns they produce being an important part of the experience. I'm still on the first season, Spring, but it's a relaxing experience sitting right down on a giant tree and watch the sun moves. For my surprise I did find some stone statues in a circle
and during the night the moon and the stars started blinking in a way I haven't see before in the game.

I'm planning finishing it, and I'll try to post more impressions and some screenshots I took.

Arthea

Sadly steam didn't let me to download Grim Legends when I planned to, I think amazing free weekend was too popular, so I haven't finished it, but a game is certainly very nice.

edited: our new game for this week is Hard Reset, thanks to Deques. It's not exactly a short game, so if there will be need the time can be extended.

Dr Dogg

How big is Hard Reset in download size with the added DLC? Isn't it flipping huge? I'd be tempted to join in if I could download it in time!

Deques

I downloaded it long ago, can't say I remember, but maybe Deques will tell.

Currently at work, but I checked how big the game is in the client. It is 4636 MB big

edited: our new game for this week is Hard Reset, thanks to Deques. It's not exactly a short game, so if there will be need the time can be extended.

The main story can be completed in less than six hours (according to howlongtobeat.com), so I think it's possible to beat this game in one week's period

Arthea

The main story can be completed in less than six hours (according to howlongtobeat.com), so I think it's possible to beat this game in one week's period
you probably checked regular edition, because we are playing extended, and I put times according to how long to beat in the game post #2.
Also it has very interesting leisurely time of ~17 hours for a game, so ya, no way it is a short game. Speedrun is 2 hours long, so it depends how you play, as I'm lazy its at least 17 hours for me, and it's real long to 100% too.

Deques

you probably checked regular edition, because we are playing extended, and I put times according to how long to beat in the game post #2.
Also it has very interesting leisurely time of ~17 hours for a game, so ya, no way it is a short game. Speedrun is 2 hours long, so it depends how you play, as I'm lazy its at least 17 hours for me, and it's real long to 100% too.

Doh, I checked the wrong edition. But which edition did you check? Here I see the extended edition is 7 hours long. Not 17 hours

Deques

check leisure play time.
That part of table is for me in general (><)

Now I understand :D

I probably won't be 100%ing this game anyway :p

Protip: If you are going to 100% this anyway, you need to play it on the hardest difficulty. Because many of the achievements are based on the difficulty. For example kill something in certain condition have four tiers, one for each difficulty. Play in the hardest difficulty will unlock all the other tiers too

Totally there are 14 achievements that have 4 tiers. That's totally 56 achievements. Almost half of the game's achievements

Arthea

Now I understand :D

I probably won't be 100%ing this game anyway :p

Protip: If you are going to 100% this anyway, you need to play it on the hardest difficulty. Because many of the achievements are based on the difficulty. For example kill something in certain condition have four tiers, one for each difficulty. Play in the hardest difficulty will unlock all the other tiers too

Totally there are 14 achievements that have 4 tiers. That's totally 56 achievements. Almost half of the game's achievements

Is it hard on hard? I mean frustrating more than fun?

edited: I may forgo 100% if that's the case.

Deques

Is it hard on hard? I mean frustrating more than fun?

edited: I may forgo 100% if that's the case.

I am not an fps expert of some sort, but I kinda found it was hard on normal :(

I died a lot in level 2, but after figuring out those different weapons I have it was a bit easier.

Arthea

Tried playing on hard, that was really bad idea. (><)
This game seems not designed for playing on hard right of the start, may be in new game+. I'll stick with normal for now, I think.
Also I get weird flickering and jittering, hardly noticeable, but it's there. Is it normal?

Dr Dogg

I just noticed the achievements on Hard Reset. 115, One Hundred and Fifteen!!! We'll I've got 4 anyway from my brief 15 minutes I must have played with the game yonks ago. Still an hour until it's finished downloading :(

Deques

I just noticed the achievements on Hard Reset. 115, One Hundred and Fifteen!!! We'll I've got 4 anyway from my brief 15 minutes I must have played with the game yonks ago. Still an hour until it's finished downloading :(

Play on the hardest difficulty if you want to get all the achievements :p

Arthea

Play on the hardest difficulty if you want to get all the achievements :p

don't do this to him, that's mean (><)

Don't play on hardest difficulty! it probably take less time to play two times, than run through hard mode right of the bat and there is an insane mode too.

d1rtn4p

Finished Hard Reset. Couldn't imagine playing on higher than normal with this game, I had a nightmare of a time just trying to get through it at that difficulty level.

Deques

Finished Hard Reset. Couldn't imagine playing on higher than normal with this game, I had a nightmare of a time just trying to get through it at that difficulty level.

How long did it take to finish the game? Just completing the main story

Deques

Played the 3rd level yesterday. Either I suck at fps games or the monsters have some sort of auto aim built in. This game is hard as hell

Deques

Cleared the sixth level, only six levels left. In fifth level there was a huge boss, but it wasn't difficult to beat since all the weak points were highlighted. But after destroying all the weak points it went into a final form. No weak points were highlighted and it spammed a lot rockets at me. I shot at it a few times, but nothing seemed to work. After a while it just died. I don't understand this game.

The game got a bit easier after I obtained railgun which is kinda powerful but it still takes a few shots to kill the bigger enemies.

I also found out that enemy's rockets can hurt you even if you are behind a wall and also when I am not even close to the explosion. This game is a cheating bastard, auto-aim, wall hacks and all that cheating stuff.

Top Bottom