• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEEP - Launch Trailer

NeoRaider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNhyWptLq_Y
Ride a massive open world of the Alps and Alaska, where the powder is always fresh and the run never ends. Defy and master the world’s most epic mountains on skis, wingsuits, snowboards, and paragliders.
Meh. Idk. is this trailer supposed to convince me to buy the game or...? Because it did nothing.

------

There is also Season Pass Trailer uploaded because... surprise, game will have a SP too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3uYXOdlbg
Drop In with the STEEP Season Pass: including 3 packs of exclusive challenges, unique costumes, and adrenaline-pumping add-on sports to customize your ride and take your mountain experience to the next level. The Season Pass also includes bonus Helicopter Tickets, an Exclusive Snowman Costume, and 10,000 Steep Credits.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The beta was so so. It seems like it would be good for a couple of hours of fun, but the animations are somehow stiff and it lacks the long-time fun of something like SSX.

farisr

Really hoping EA isn't paying attention to how this and the other two recent sim-ish snowboard games do saleswise. (at least to determine market viability for a new SSX title)

I know I shouldn't, but I'm thinking... goddamn, a person fucking died shooting a promo video for this greedy, rushed, terrible video game.

I know the quality of the final game shouldn't matter, but jesus. Make it count, you know?

N° 2048

Man I'm surprised I didn't have to buy this trailer too.
giphy.gif

I can't believe how fast I went from Day 1 to cancelling my pre-order.

So so is pushing it. I thought it was doodie.

I didn't play much past this but I had a good bit of fun following that spirit of the mountain down to the ice on a long ride (ended with a sweet jump too).

They need to fix the menu button on lines so it isn't white font over snow...

I ordered the Gold Edition from Amazon and UPS accidentally destroyed the package. I told Amazon not to bother sending a replacement. I figured it was an omen.

I liked the beta and am looking forward to receiving my copy tomorrow. It has some beautiful, wide open environments and lot of varied gameplay elements that outweighed any negatives for me.*shrugs*

Guess I'm not hopping on the daily GAF-cynical-hate-train.

jem0208

I hope this game is successful because I thought the beta was fucking awesome.

Will definitely pick it up when I'm not poor and have loads of work on.

Bedlam

Well, the Season Pass trailer killed my so-so intentions to buy this game. I honestly was mildly interested because I love SSX and there is just no other alternative. But I just hate getting beaten over the head with DLC ads, especially when announced even before the game is out. That ingame currency bullshit doesn't sound encouraging either but I guess that's to be expected from a Ubisoft open-world game.

<20€ sale for me. I can wait.

Top Bottom