• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 - Ultimate Edition Trailer Released

Saber

Gold Member
Would be better to launch the game first, give it a time and then launch the so called ultimate version. Specially with the character pass stuff.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Tekken went from being a series with a plot similar to movies about real martial arts, revenge and perseverance, similar to the movies of the 90s or Van Damme with interesting plots, to being a circus of antics and ridiculousness.

splattered

I hate that a lot of the bonuses are avatar related... i mean i guess they're extra either way. Still get the gold suits and character pass but seems a high price to pay :( I may wait till this one is on sale cause all you get for preordering is a paul phoenix avatar skin i think?

I hate that a lot of the bonuses are avatar related... i mean i guess they're extra either way. Still get the gold suits and character pass but seems a high price to pay :( I may wait till this one is on sale cause all you get for preordering is a paul phoenix avatar skin i think?
Or use mods. Pretty sure someone will add those costume in.
Tekken 7 mod is pretty crazy..

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Not touching anymore "ultimate editions" ever again. Especially in fighting games. When they were physical and came with big statues or other items, it made much more sense. But now with digital deluxe/ultimate editions it's generally just a ton of cosmetic items that tells other players, "I paid for the most expensive version there is!" plus maybe a quarter of included season DLC. Not worth it at all IMO.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What I liked is that they brought in Xiaoyu's sexy butt outfit again.
you just gave namco bandai a click on that youtube video and baited me, wtf there's no xiaoyu OR butts in the vid?

LINK NAOW.

yansolo

Tekken went from being a series with a plot similar to movies about real martial arts, revenge and perseverance, similar to the movies of the 90s or Van Damme with interesting plots, to being a circus of antics and ridiculousness.
100% true statement, it becomes more anime/goofy with each release

Hoppa

The gold suits definitely have the signature Tekken tackiness to them but they fit the character models properly which I couldn't say for T7. Preordered :messenger_sunglasses:

DonJimbo

Not again Harada please release the complete game with all the characters not like Tekken 7 where you had to buy the season passes to get all characters

SkylineRKR

Just wait it out.

I typically buy the vanilla just to play all the content, and if a main character is offered as DLC I only buy that one. And maybe, if I still play the game now and then, I buy the complete edition out of a deep sale. T7 complete was ultimately 10 bucks I think.

SFVI for example I bought nothing yet since I don't like any of the DLC characters they released and announced so far.

Heimdall_Xtreme

you just gave namco bandai a click on that youtube video and baited me, wtf there's no xiaoyu OR butts in the vid?

LINK NAOW.
QFmw5dK.jpg

That costume is so sexy

The first two games had a robot, bear, angel, devil, genetically engineered dinosaur and kangaroo as playable characters that had ties to the plot.

Dyu8oZA_d.jpg

The first two games had a robot, bear, angel, devil, genetically engineered dinosaur and kangaroo as playable characters that had ties to the plot.

Dyu8oZA_d.jpg
You mean a terminator, the legendary karateka bout bear, personification of divine fury, personification of demonic malice, a Jurassic Park cameo, and a Thai Kangaroo Boxing representative? Cool.

Tekken: The Motion Picture still has an infinitely better plot and themes than Blood Vengeance and the like.
Tekken_The_Motion_Picture-250263648-large.jpg

Heimdall_Xtreme

You mean a terminator, the legendary karateka bout bear, personification of divine fury, personification of demonic malice, a Jurassic Park cameo, and a Thai Kangaroo Boxing representative? Cool.

Tekken: The Motion Picture still has an infinitely better plot and themes than Blood Vengeance and the like.
Tekken_The_Motion_Picture-250263648-large.jpg
In that movie Jun is beautiful, but I dislike the fact that Kazuya mistreats her and does violence to her... That's why I dislike Kazuya and Jin... Worst characters of the saga.

Jun deserves a better person.... Leí X Jun is my canon match for me.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

After having killed his father, Heihachi Mishima, once and for all, Kazuya Mishima does not seem to have any intention of ceasing his plans for world conquest. His son and enemy, Jin Kazama, will seek to kill him and put an end to the cursed blood that runs through their veins. Jin will not be alone, as his biological uncle, Lars Alexandersson, and his missing mother, Jun Kazama, will help him in his mission. To attract Jin's attention, Kazuya will call the 8th King of Iron Fist Tournament, which will also feature fighters such as Paul Phoenix, King, and Marshall Law.
Wow, this family needs to go to a psychiatric hospital urgently.

c4e3d88a0034ddd7907892be8f7bab97.gif

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just wait it out.

I typically buy the vanilla just to play all the content, and if a main character is offered as DLC I only buy that one. And maybe, if I still play the game now and then, I buy the complete edition out of a deep sale. T7 complete was ultimately 10 bucks I think.

SFVI for example I bought nothing yet since I don't like any of the DLC characters they released and announced so far.
Same thing I do. Initially just buy the base game. Then finally when the REAL ultimate complete edition comes out then just grab that (and usually on sale too).

Top Bottom