• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella Glow (3DS) out this winter in NA for $50USD/$60CDN

-Horizon-

if it comes with a CD and an art book, I'm willing to tolerate it and be part of the problem

No but it'll help fund Compile Heart's future games.

6qUgZ6n.png

lol

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad that people are finally realizing that Atlus tax is a bad idea. Before the arguement was that SMT/Peraona makes it "worth it". Now not even packing the game with a sampler can help. Sadly, since I collect soundtracks, even if samplers, this will most likely have it thus I'll be getting it right away :/ I get the hypocracy though, even though I'm against it... My collection begs me!

jzbluz

I'll preorder it just in case, but chances are that I'm going to end up canceling it. I have a lot of other games for later this year that I know I will definitely enjoy.

Velcro Fly

pretty sure conception 2 was $40

their $50 offerings have been

SMT4
Persona Q
Devil Survivor 2

And we have Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Stella Glow, and Persona 4 Dancing All Night on the way for $50

Sakura

Niche game like this is gonna do low numbers regardless. 50/60 makes sense from that perspective.
Though, considering how niche this game is and the audience it will appeal to, you'd think they would've just saved some money and left the Japanese voices in. I don't understand selling up the 'songs sung by famous Japanese voice actresses!' while removing the Japanese voice acting.

Thoraxes

SMT4
Persona Q
Devil Survivor 2

And we have Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Stella Glow, and Persona 4 Dancing All Night on the way for $50
SMT IV is still probably the best value they've released for a $50 game.

The $30 FE eShop promo, the guide, packaging, disc.

Shizuka

SMT4
Persona Q
Devil Survivor 2

Yeah, pretty much every Atlus first-party title is $50 nowadays. Etrian Mystery Dungeon was $40 and Stella Glow isn't developed by Atlus, though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This game is for the most part one of the better imageepoch games. Only major downside is how long some stages can take.

If they had only had kept up with games of this quality would imagine the company would not have wound up being the smoking hole in the ground that it is now.

Oh, I remember SMTIV did well, but that was one worthy for $50 with all the stuff that came with it. I was thinking more like Devil Survivor 2 and Persona Q.

DS2BR around 23k (in line with the first one's debut, so very good) and Persona Q did 48k units in the first week (a nice result as well).

I'm pretty impressed with how detailed the various environments are for a grid-based SRPG, and a lot of objects are animated too:

https://youtu.be/5kkz0vPPN2o?t=331

Makes a change from the static backgrounds of other games -- had a look at Disgaea 5 and it looks a lot worse than I remember it looking.

Ironically, Luminous Arc Infinity, the game Imageepoch should have been developing, also has dull, flat static backgrounds.

Visuals don't make a great SRPG of course, but this is just something I found interesting.

redcrayon

What awful box art. At least 13 characters with their scale paying no attention to each other or who is in the foreground/background. I'll never understand the desire to put the entire cast on the cover rather than something simpler and classier. So much going on and every colour under the sun, so even the relatively nice logo has to have a shitty glow effect to stand out.

I love SRPGs but if this is by the Luminous Arc developers, I think I'll give it a miss.

Top Bottom