• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella Glow: Atlus bringing the game to North America

L~A

Just announced by Image Epoch / Atlus, apparently.

Stella Glow, Imageepoch’s 3DS simulation RPG, is coming to North America later this year via Atlus, the company announced.

In it, players take on the role of Alto, a young knight tasked with convincing Witches throughout the Regnant Kingdom to join his side and stop Hilda, the Witch of Destruction, and her Harbingers. You’ll use the forgotten magic of Song in battle by tuning allied Witches to unlock their full potential.

Source

Uhh. Wow, I'm shocked. I remember seeing this game a while ago and laughing to myself at the idea of ever getting to play it.

Seda

The PR is pretty barebones in terms of details

Here's some great news for JRPG lovers: ATLUS USA will localize the upcoming RPG Stella Glow for the Americas! Developer Imageepoch, who you may recognize as the team behind the Luminous Arc series (the first two entries were published by ATLUS on the Nintendo DS), is back with a brand new IP for the 3DS! More details/assets/all that good stuff will be coming in due time (2015 release!), but for now, here's a very brief press release!

We don't have any localized assets yet, but here is the Japanese trailer and some artwork to tide you over!

Reveirg

Awesome. I was ready to give up on that one.

I just played through Luminous Arc 1 and 2 a few weeks ago and loved those games, I hope this is just as good!

L~A

The PR is pretty barebones in terms of details

Yeah, that's pretty unusual from Atlus... they usually have a localised trailer and everything. And it'd be even weirder if it was announced during the ND tomorrow.

Puru

I dunno what to think about this, on one hand it gives hope for an european localization, on another hand it's Atlus.

random25

Atlus doing an awesome job in localizing games right now. Really surprised, I must say. They can also bring some other games too *cough*LegendOfLegacy*cough*

Yeah, that's pretty unusual from Atlus... they usually have a localised trailer and everything. And it'd be even weirder if it was announced during the ND tomorrow.

And normally they open preorders with the announcement. I mean, they announced the Persona games without any real localized assets, but that's their flagship franchise. This one just feels too early for no real reason, unless it is something to do with the direct, but then why announce it today?

Nothing on their website about it either.

L~A

Wow, wasn't expecting this given Imageepoch's situation. I'll probably pick it up if it ends up being good.

Actually, SEGA is now publishing the game in Japan (I believe they own pretty much all the rights on the game, as Image Epoch doesn't even appear on the box or on the website's copyrights...). And since SEGA owns Atlus too...

Tohsaka

Actually, SEGA is now publishing the game in Japan (I believe they own pretty much all the rights on the game, as Image Epoch doesn't even appear on the box or on the website's copyrights...). And since SEGA owns Atlus too...

SEGA finally remembering they own Atlus and having them actually localize some of their own stuff? I'm legitimately surprised. Would be nice if they brought over some of the other stuff they don't feel like localizing themselves, like Shining Resonance etc. as well.

Valus

Huh. I bought in to this without even considering it being an April fools joke.. Tommorow's gonna be a tough day for me.

They're at least supposed to be an attempt at humor, or being so mean spirited that it would then transform into humor. This doesn't really seem to be either.

I'm just very skeptical of any new news between now and the next 48 hours. The PR is very barebones as someone mentioned earlier.

Oregano

You know, I didn't even think of that... it all makes sense, since SEGA basically own everything about the game now.

First thing I thought of. Hopefully this means a)Atlus will localise Sega stuff and b)They are looking at obscure 3DS stuff.

sörine;158287342 said:
First since the buyout but Atlus used to localize Sega handheld games before (Shining Soul, Puyo Fever 2, etc).

Oh, I actually think I have that Shining game. Think it was THQ in Europe.

jzbluz

Color me surprise. I liked LA, and since this seems to be a spiritual successor, I'll probably like this too. Hopefully this games isn't $60 like most of their games here.

Top Bottom