• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella has been removed from FFXV; Itamuro writing game; Demo 2 June 9; FFXV not @ E3

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The best thing about this thread is you can tell you who was watching old trailers on loop and writing fan fiction in their head for the last 10 years.

Type-0's cast was full of god awful cliche's. Awful narrative structure, ending, final boss and just poor general story telling.

Even if a Nomura game has a flaw it still has his indentity stamped on it.

Tabata's identity will be whatever the feedback forums and marketers tell him to do.

I actually find elements of KH's writing to be interesting, but wasn't Nomura involved with type-0's story too?

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AHHAHAHAHA

Oh god, this is too funny but sad at the same time.

Damn Tabata really demoslished Nomura's vision up to it's roots. lol

Ray Down

Banned
Stella + Dissidia scriptwriter announcement just halved my interest in the game, went from "day one" to "I'll see how it ends up..."

Have you read the thread, she wasn't the writer that goes to Watanabe.

She was like RPG planner or something like that.

ZangBa

Well... that was Nojima, the guy who is not writing the script anymore. He is now credited as Story Concept. Now the script is being done by Saori Itamuro, who I had no idea who she was until I a while ago, she apparently was a planner for Dissidia. Does that calm your mind? Mine sure doesn't.

I'll take her over that guy. He should be banned from writing.

I don't trust Tabata after completing Type-0.

My buzz for this game has hit a low I never thought was possible over the past decade.

Gentleman, ladies.

The captain has abandoned ship.

Mydreamisdead.

!EVEILEB :'(

We were in this together and you give in.. After 9 years I'm dissapointed in you my lord
600full-the-dark-knight-rises-screenshot.jpg

RK128

Well, the game has been in development hell for quite some time, so story elements and the like are expected to change as development progresses to completion :l. The game is look great from what the PS4/X1 Demo looks like and its great to get some more confirmation on a few elements behind the game (how a lot of FFXIV people are on board, the story being slightly different, ect).

Can't wait till E3, as this game will steal the show at either Sony's or Square's conferences :D.

hal9001

Banned
God damn it. The whole Romeo and Juliet inspired Final Fanatsy was one of my main attractions to this game. It still might be a love story but Nomuras vision is gone.

Mortemis

Banned
Jesus, this game has been through so much shit, I just want it to hurry up and be done with it. Bring us FFXVI already.

At this point I'm starting to get more excited to just get my hands on a full art book and full soundtrack then I am for the actual game.

Rainy

Banned
This is gonna be amazing. ~_~

So is the update for the demo coming next week then? I'm still a little excited..

Go_Ly_Dow

We were in this together and you give in.. After 9 years I'm dissapointed in you my lord
600full-the-dark-knight-rises-screenshot.jpg

Fuck it. I can't abandon my flock :').

Just read everything.

-So it isn't a Dissidia script writer?
-Nojima still has a hand and his original script is simply being adapted?
-The 2.0 demo stuff looks like a nice improvement.

The flame still burns ever so slightly.
Win us back you fuckers. Don't screw this up or your company is over.

BELIEVE!

Mr. RHC

That's a pretty major blow imo but let's be honest. We have seen this coming months ago (with a few hints from people) and the trailers clearly showed a different direction for XV.
I've stopped expecting Versus XIII a long time ago. It was never going to happen the moment Nomura left the game, even when they said they didn't fiddle with the story.

Maybe give the writer we hardly know anything about the benefit of the doubt before calling everything shitty. I mean, it's not like they said Toriyama was now in charge, right?

As others have said, they should have been straightforward about this in the first place instead of having this month long confusion and fan desperation. Still, changing the writer of the game is pretty big and it leaves me worried.

the badass Stella that you saw was already removed by Nomura. All of the later Versus trailers showed Stella as a Princess that showed a love interest for Noctis. It wasn't a one-on-one fight like the very first trailer (Kagari's avatar).

What? Love interest + one-on-one fight do not cancel each other out. They have established the fight in previous trailers and then decided to show a different angle? Stella appeared the same way she did in previous trailers just with different clothes and different locations.

Everything about Stella has been said. Nomura trailers were great in showing what characters were about. Their personality, their history and their relationship with other characters.
We progressively got to know Stella's character with each passing trailer, screenshot and trailer subtitle. I'm sorry for you if you didn't catch all of that but many people did.

This is a fantasy based on Versus XIII

FelineBitterBengaltiger.gif

Doesn't matter.

Only one thing matters. The money.

Thumpsup.gif

Well Nomura said the same thing.

That the road trip and brotherhood were then main thing on there journey to get the crystal back.

Preach, Ray, Preach!

Road trip is love, road trip is life!

--------------------------------------

Stella Nox Fleuret (2006-2015)​

tTPPspY.png

Today we remember Stella Nox Fleuret, born and raised by her loving parents in Tenebrae. She was such a cheerful child.

At young age, she was friends with Noctis Lucis Caleum and their friendship should last for many years to come.

Stella also faced times of hardship. When she was but a child she was at the brink of death, granting her to see Etro face to face in the Kingdom of the Dead. It changed her life forever, shaped her to be that strong woman we knew and loved.
Stella loved fashion. Her friends charmingly called her "Fashion Queen" or FaQu. Yes, she was very beloved by her friends.
In a ever changing world it is necessary to know how to defend oneself. Stella learned how to wield to sword early. Watching her practice was a sight to behold.

It's so sad... her relationship with Noctis came to such an abrupt end. Our thoughts should be with them.

The relationship between Noctis an Stella... it was more... not just friendship. I think... (sorry... I can't hold my tears back)... I think it was the most sincere love you could ever imagine... what a cruel world where two pure kindred spirits have to part so early...

She leaves behind her friends, her family and her fans in a world of XV days of rain and sorrow.

I'm sorry... (cries bitterly).

Stella, we will never forget you. I think I'm not exaggerating when I say that I knew Stella quite well and we always were close to each other. Ours was a friendship of tremendous happiness and trust. Your legacy lives on in the memory of the people who have always held you close to their hearts and minds.

.... Thank you.. Stella.... :(
;-;

ghFN1Va.gif

Kain

They had a brilliant writer but a horrible manager in Matsuno and they kicked him out (he had his share of guilt, that's for sure). Sakaguchi did write IX, right? Now Nojima (who is very hit and miss as has been said).

If I were an Atlus exec I would pay my writers a ton for fear of S-E hiring them xD

daveo42

Banned
Sucks Stella's been kicked to the curb for Luna, though we knew this was going to happen. What's worse it seems like most of the good parts of Stella haven't been transcribed to Luna. I would have loved to play the game Versus was originally meant to be, but that dream is dead.

Here's hoping the adjusted and updated story for XV isn't a complete mess come launch.

Ray Down

Banned
Well, the game has been in development hell for quite some time, so story elements and the like are expected to change as development progresses to completion :l. The game is look great from what the PS4/X1 Demo looks like and its great to get some more confirmation on a few elements behind the game (how a lot of FFXIV people are on board, the story being slightly different, ect).

Can't wait till E3, as this game will steal the show at either Sony's or Square's conferences :D.

It's not going to be at E3.

Has Tabata mentioned the car customization before? He talks about it early on in the video. That sounds like it would be a pretty major sidequest. Sounds like you collect the necessary items and then take them to Cindy for her to do the upgrades.

Sucks Stella's been kicked to the curb for Luna, though we knew this was going to happen. What's worse it seems like most of the good parts of Stella haven't been transcribed to Luna. I would have loved to play the game Versus was originally meant to be, but that dream is dead.

Here's hoping the adjusted and updated story for XV isn't a complete mess come launch.
You mean all 10 seconds of her from that one trailer 7 years ago? Cut me a break! Stella was hardly a character and we knew next to nothing!

Same goes for Luna. So little has been shown about her that she deserves the benefit of the fucking doubt. So far we do know she looks so much like Stella that many people on GAF didn't know they weren't the same character just slightly redesigned. And this is GAF! The average FF gamer doesn't even know.

I still think the game looks good. I do! But it's definitely not my dream game anymore. I really wanted my telekinetic Yakuza-flavoured Romeo and Juliet game. I'm afraid that all this staff changing is just going to hurt the game and that the tone will be all over the place, especially with Dissidia writers on hand
(Dissidia was an incoherent mess of a story.
)

Hype for this game has died down exponentially, and I'll be happy to see a new numbered FF after all's said and done.

Where is Chrono Trigger/Promathia's writer. Get Kato back.

Masato Kato didn't write Chains of Promathia. (Or at least he's not credited. I like to think that some of the ideas were his considering it was a direct follow-up to Zilart and OG FFXI)

His latest game was The Legend of Legacy in 2015 -- his first release in three years.

Masato Kato didn't write Chains of Promathia. (Or at least he's not credited. I like to think that some of his ideas were his considering it was a direct follow-up to Zilart and OG FFXI)

His latest game was The Legend of Legacy in 2015 -- his first release in three years.

You're right, it seems he left right after Zilart. Thought he had gone to CoP at least. Who wrote Promathia? :O

The fact that they are still reworking this and changing the story this late into the game means I was right all along. This game was an absolute trainwreck and they hired the Tabata clean up crew to try to salvage any kind of playable product out of it. What a disaster. Cutting portions of the game, cutting playable characters, changing staff, spending all this goddamn time working on a balance patch for a fucking demo...

This game is not even going to make 2016. Fuck Square Enix and fuck Final Fantasy. Between that turd FF Type-0 and the atrocity that is FFX PS4, I have no hope in any employee left at this company. #FreeEidos

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wonder if the big city battle with Leviathan from the 2013 trailer is still in.

I wouldn't be shocked at this point. That whole sequence was a tech demo and now they're being iffy on the whole swimming thing even being in the game. ffs

Dark_castle

Judging by this thread, I guess saying SE underestimated the backlash to the removal of you know who is an understatement.

Zoe

What? Love interest + one-on-one fight do not cancel each other out. They have established the fight in previous trailers and then decided to show a different angle? Stella appeared the same way she did in previous trailers just with different clothes and different locations.

Everything about Stella has been said. Nomura trailers were great in showing what characters were about. Their personality, their history and their relationship with other characters.
We progressively got to know Stella's character with each passing trailer, screenshot and trailer subtitle. I'm sorry for you if you didn't catch all of that but many people did.

Stella's manner of speaking was pretty submissive from the first time we saw lines of her dialogue to hearing her voice for the first time.

Where is Chrono Trigger/Promathia's writer. Get Kato back.

Chrono Trigger had really, really strong characters. But the story itself was very basic and thin. It was still a group of friends stopping a wizard from awakening an ancient evil. The story is not Chrono Trigger's best quality. But a lot can be learned from its characterization.

Arkeband

Banned
One question I'd like answered, are openworld airships still in the game like Nomura wanted?

I'd be impressed if this actually made it in, just the technological hoops they'd have to jump through would be nuts.

The way the camera zooms out for the summon in the demo wow'd me, but I figured there was some real smoke and mirrors going on there and it wasn't actually rendering everything in the entire zone. An airship would involve that kind of thing, with a moving camera/etc and probably joining zones together or rapidly loading new areas.

I'm sure if they really felt it was necessary for the game they could do something like FFX's airship where you were in a cell made to look like "somewhere in the sky" with a rotating world map/clouds below you and you just choose your destination from a list.

Translating airships from older FF's where you flew over a symbolic representation of a worldmap was easier than it would be for the open-world style they have now.

I wouldn't be shocked at this point. That whole sequence was a tech demo and now they're being iffy on the whole swimming thing even being in the game. ffs

Kagari's harshing my buzz.

Top Bottom