• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella has been removed from FFXV; Itamuro writing game; Demo 2 June 9; FFXV not @ E3

Go_Ly_Dow

so new character...how many more years will it take to put this character in and change the story?

Probably been in effect for quite some time. At least a year.

That and Luna has clearly evolved from Stella. Shares a lot already....

-looks
-surname
-appears in the Lucis siege (same as Stella)
-has the glowing light

Etc...

More of an edit job is my feeling.

Zoe

Part of the reason I didn't like Stella much was because of the party scene, however Luna is actually worse. When Luna is presented in the trailer, she has no role. She is literally put into trailers to remind the audience that there is a pretty girl in the game. She doesn't do anything even in the 10 seconds you see of her. This is how they present Luna:

This isn't true. Her powers (whatever they may be) are building up in that scene.

Finalow

*who cares* about Stella or what they changed, as long as we get a great story and characters I'm fi-

- The script writer who worked on Dissidia Final Fantasy is working on FFXV.
rmdSx.gif

HeelPower

Removing a character from the story this late in development, after they gave her a bunch of CGI treatment? .

The design is the same as Stella's E32013 redesign.

She would've looked the same even if Nomura were director ,because,much like everyone else, she got redesigned when the game became XV.

Gbraga

As far as design goes, Kagari Stella > Lunafreya > 2013 Stella.

EDIT: Actually, they already changed her a bit while it was still Versus, right? But it was still fine, the big "eeeeeh" was in 2013.

All the boys were changed for the better though, in my opinion.

Especially Gladio <3

Ishida

Banned
Either way, the main point remains: What many people wanted was a Nomura game, with everything that it entails.

And now we KNOW that it definitely isn't the case anymore, both on gameplay and scenario fronts. It's becoming a Tabata game, and I'm not sure if I like that much. I dislike Type-0 (i.e. it's shit) and he's so proud of it...

So those people have two options then:

1) Forget about this game entirely and move on.
2) Just deal with it. No ammount of bitching is going to bring Nomura or Stella back.

This is Final Fantasy XV.

Versus XIII is dead, and its remains are being used to fertilize the very core of XV, like manure.

The more and more some people are being negative and pessimistic about this game, the more they will set themselves to hate it when in launches.

Gbraga

Share your order instead of just criticizing mine >_>

My favorite female FF character confirmed. My god... so cool!

Normally I'd tell you that just her looks is not enough for you to like her that much, but I'd be a hypocrite, I was hyped as shit for Fang ever since the first very low quality pic of her, I believe we didn't even have a name back then.

And my hype was justified, imo, she's pretty cool.

Black haired woman looks great indeed, can't wait to see what her role is, and if she had any major changes in design since 2013.

sensui-tomo

2) Just deal with it. No ammount of bitching is going to bring Nomura or Stella back.

Versus XIII is dead, and its remains are being used to fertilize the very core of XV, like manure.

The more and more some people are being negative and pessimistic about this game, the more they will set themselves to hate it when in launches.

hoho, doesnt mean we cant have it on gaf, hell it'll be like this for a long time, then switch back to cidney or whatever issue people whom wont buy the game will have

I don't know if this warrants a new thread:

Luminous Studio (1.5) Tech Demo 2
This is not really a tech demo for the ATR. Tabata said that they used this video when they go for recruiting new members from various countries. This is sort of an introductory video for them.

That said, it is a really cool video that shows the behind the scene stuff of their development studio.

Or she ends up like another Jihl situation.
Ugh.
1345661034056.gif

That was the blonde girl from 13 right? the one heavily advertised but ended up being a small time character?
She had also this ridiculous design =/

Hopefully the black haired girl is not going to wear some Roen branded clothing.

13 is such a strange game. It's like they had this huge world and then ripped all of the content out of it prior to its release.
Honestly XII also feels the same. The ending of XII is literally the worst for me in the series.

Any idea on why they've decided to skip E3?

Not fussed about the character and story change, not as if it was ever permanent and considering they want to actually release the game, they'll have to change direction a bit.

Gbraga

Not fussed about the character and story change, not as if it was ever permanent and considering they want to actually release the game, they'll have to change direction a bit.

Because people were tired of Duscae.

Ray Down

Banned

They probably want more time to get stuff ready and/or have more attention so they do it at gamescom.

Gamescom is supposed to have a huge info dump.

They want to focus all their efforts and energy on Gamescom because it is pretty close to E3. Gamescom will start on August 5th.

Tabata said that the marketing will then start in full swing on the new reboot sans Nomura. The marketing after TGS was just solely focused on Duscae (Lestallum, Titan) and barely showed anything major from main game.

i-Jest

I think this just made my day. Tooooo funny. Hey, maybe if this game is a success, the actual Stella character will be in the sequel. (*laughs silently*)

Close, it's a road trip to take back the country crystal that was taken by the main enemy nation.

Ahh I see. I should really get around to redeeming that demo code.

The crystal was kidnapped by Niflheim, are you a bad enough dude to rescue the crystal?

I will be once I play this damn demo.

DSix

Banned

Then they should've made another game altogether.

We wanted Versus XIII, but then they use its rotten corpse on a string to try and lure us. The shitstorm is 100% warranted.

They're showing complete contempt for the autorship of the original team. Replacing much of the key people who put years of their lives into the project, changing shit all around. And you expect us fans to take the progressive destruction of a game from a director we like with a smile? Fuck no.

So under what circumstances do you guys think Noctis and crew leave Insomnia in the beginning? They leave before Nifelheim attacks, and it seems like they only find out about the attack on the radio. I wonder if we'll get to play in Insomnia in the beginning of the game when things are calm before the attack, and then perhaps get sent on a mission to Lestallum or Altissia (Accordo?) to find Luna or something? The whole story circumstances have been changed. I'd love to explore Insomnia in the beginning of the game, but I doubt that will happen.

Arkeband

Banned

We wanted Versus XIII, but then they use its rotten corpse on a string to try and lure us. The shitstorm is 100% warranted.

They're showing complete contempt for the autorship of the original team. Replacing much of the key people who put years of their lives into the project, changing shit all around. And you expect us fans to take the progressive destruction of a game from a director we like with a smile? Fuck no.

There is no 'shitstorm', only the sound of fanfiction being put through a shredder.

Let me reiterate from like the first few pages - the first story could have had them fail halfway through and die to leprosy. You all fell in love with a concept that was stuck in development hell for 9 years. From a director you like who comes up with crazy hype trailers and then tries to build a game around it. You got Nomura'd.

They didn't change the story this week, they only let you know about it. You have all the right in the world to claim it's a disaster once it's out in the wild. But for now you're almost 1600 posts into a thread of people claiming the sky is falling and other people telling them to get a grip.

wmlk

People want this game and it's going to make a lot of money. Auteur BS doesn't really hold when you're talking tens (likely near a hundred at this point) of millions of dollars.

For a multitude of reasons, we didn't get the original game with its original vision. It's unfortunate, but shows how this auteurism doesn't hold much water at the end. You can dislike the changes, but canning a game that you can make a lot of money on is dumb.

Top Bottom