• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Director: “We felt a single player console game with a definitive ending is still valid and still very important"

Draugoth

Gold Member
intro-1663779321.jpg

Stellar Blade Director Kim Hyung Tae says single player games are still very important:

“We felt a single player console game with a definitive ending is still valid and still very important, so we’re hoping Stellar Blade will be a significant title that will encourage other Korean developers to see this as a starting point and be inspired for future projects.”

“The Korean gaming market is very mobile-centric, so everyone is developing for smartphones,” Game Director Game Director Hyung-Tae Kim admitted. “We felt a single player console game with a definitive ending is still valid and still very important, so we’re hoping Stellar Blade will be a significant title that will encourage other Korean developers to see this as a starting point and be inspired for future projects.”

Source

Love his mindset and he is right. Day one buy for me. Hope a ton of people support these devs and purchase this game. Yes, more single player experiences are needed and any dev who believes in making them should be supported so we don’t lose them. Enough online crap out there anyway and it’s refreshing to see devs create these SP type games.

This guy is saying ALL the right things 👌
It’s actually a little unsettling. Like, too good to be true. A complete single-player experience with no micro-transactions, attractive character model, and designed for PS5? Is this game even real? He’s just doing a Peter Molyneux and saying whatever we want to hear? I’m waiting for the rug-pull any second.

Last edited:
It’s actually a little unsettling. Like, too good to be true. A complete single-player experience with no micro-transactions, attractive character model, and designed for PS5? Is this game even real? He’s just doing a Peter Molyneux and saying whatever we want to hear? I’m waiting for the rug-pull any second.

We'll see, I'm confident the game will be great but we won't know until it's in our hands. I judge all things for myself no matter how much hype/hate surrounds it and regardless of whatever anyone else has to say about it.

Top Bottom