• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade has a 9.1 user score on Metacritic (1,000+ ratings)

MagnesD3

I see the reviewer review scores have improved alot too nice, i was really concerned by how many 8's there were in the beginning

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

kWjvs7X.jpeg

🤣

Hahaha... A meristation video game analyst didn't know how to give him a score, while I was giving him a lesson and critique of his score... And he got angry and Block me. 😂😂😂.

Nor could they finish Gollum's game.

pathetic. 🥱🥱🥱

Last edited:

saintjules

Trying to remember the last big game that came out with no drama surrounding it. Alot of these games had something that caused controversy:

FFVII Rebirth - Visual Issues (soft image)

Spider-Man 2018 - Puddles

Horizon Forbidden West - Aloy's look

Returnal - Price at launch too high

Death Stranding - Walking Simulator complaint

Deathloop - Marketing Campaign overload

TLOU 1 Remake and TLOU 2 Remastered - Controversy that remaster/remakes weren't needed

Callisto Protocol - People comparing to Dead Space but complained about the game having linear melee focused combat

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis Teeth too ugly

Godfall - Continuous Online connection was required

Last edited:
le user score on metacritic is a joke, it used to mean something back before it got popular and trolls started infesting it with their reactionary ratings.

I still wish they built an api with Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Valve, and Epic to verify ownership of games. Would be the easiest thing to do in the world and would solve this problem immediately.

To review any game you should then have to link your game accounts. They could even do this retroactively to fix old game scores.

Pelao

Well deserved. The game is pretty good. I'm 12 hours in and I'm having a great time.
I don't like some of the platforming sections because I feel that sometimes it's hard for EVE to hold on to some cables and bars, but other than that the combat is a lot of fun and the music is excellent.
I also appreciate that they did a very nice translation and dubbing into Latin American Spanish.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This my first Korean game and back then it was only called Project Eve, I was very dismiss of this game.....I thought this game gonna be another Chinese or Korean game would have cool trailer but never gets released.

I'm happy I was proven wrong and its actually pretty damn good game.

Does metacritic user score really matter at all? I feel like it’s vastly misleading one way or another often.
Not as much as they used to. Too many people are utilizing the user score feature to either review bomb or heighten the number too high for a movement.

I always felt they should have some sort of achievement/trophy verification feature to help combat this a little bit.

Danjin44

Not as much as they used to. Too many people are utilizing the user score feature to either review bomb or heighten the number too high for a movement.

I always felt they should have some sort of achievement/trophy verification feature to help combat this a little bit.
Thankfully these day we are getting demo more often so we can judge the game ourselves. Both Unicom Overlord and Stellar Blade got good word of mouth thanks to their excellent demo.

consoul

andre-spanking.gif

Take dat!
I don't know where this Andre gif came from and I don't want to know. Probably better without context.

Stellar user reviews! I've been waiting for reaction from the community on this one as the gaming press largely cannot be trusted to approach it without prejudice. Not that Metacritic user reviews are a great indicator either, but it does seem to be well received by actual players. If the love continues, I'll grab a copy.

Danjin44

You really should check out Lies of P, knowing how much you love Sekiro I bet you'll enjoy it.
If I buy any more games I won’t able to finish them. I need to finish the games I already have before SMT5V and Shadow of the Erdtree expansion comes out.

Last edited:

Venom Snake

When i got to the flodded commercial plaza and my ears were hit with one of the best songs i've ever heard in a video game, it became a 10/10 and stayed that way until the very end.

yazenov

None of this scores drama matters, I’m playing the game and I’m having a blast…At this point who the hell cares what other reviewers thinks.

I preordered the game and im currently enjoying it but we should care about reviewers undeservingly deduct the game score because of their political agendas.

Many people still use the reviews for deciding whether to purchase games or skip them, and higher reviews gives the game better exposure. Its not about you.

Not to mention the devs / publishers making these games care. Some games sequel are decided by reviews and bonuses are tied to them.

Its also about the principle. We should care if some "professional" asshole reviews games in bad faith.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Trying to remember the last big game that came out with no drama surrounding it. Alot of these games had something that caused controversy:

Deathloop - Marketing Campaign Overload

TLOU 1 Remake and TLOU 2 Remastered - Controversy that remaster/remakes weren't needed
GT7 = Microtransactions
God of War Ragnarok = “Pacing” “Too Long” “Glorified DLC”
Ratchet and Clank = Price
Uncharted 4 =“Pacing”
Ronin = “Ubisoft clone” “no innovation”
Demons Souls = “Remake/Price”
FF16 = Not Final Fantasy even though FF11,12, 14, 15 didnt share the classic combat either
Spiderman MM = Cross gen
TLOU2 = Story controversy

Certain games definitely get extra critique…

Three

Deathloop - Marketing Campaign Overload

This includes that too. That small little red bar from the 9.1 are the "they lied" crowd review bombing a game.

Danjin44

I preordered the game and im currently enjoying it but we should care about reviewers undeservingly deduct the game score because of their political agendas.

Many people still use the reviews for deciding whether to purchase games or skip them, and higher reviews gives the game better exposure. Its not about you.

Not to mention the devs / publishers making these games care. Some games sequel are decided by reviews and bonuses are tied to them.

Its also about the principle. We should care if some "professional" asshole reviews games in bad faith.
There is demo they can play it and decide if the game is for them or not…….At very least read or listen to the actual review and see what’s their issue. maybe their negative points might not be negative for you and vice versa.

if someone ONLY looking at score alone then they have no one but themselves to blame.

Last edited:

Jakk

"Underrated quite a bit" when the critic rating is 8.2 and user rating is 9.1. Are you kidding?

Also, don't want to take away from the qualities of the game, but Metacritic's user rating is pretty much useless, I could go and submit a 10/10 or 0/10 review right now without ever playing the game.

tommib

Meaningless score driven by anti-woke culture warriors that aren’t even playing the game. It’s an absolute great game but let’s not pretend these aren’t the same users giving 0s to whatever they see as the enemy on their holy war.

Metacritic user score is beyond useless.

Top Bottom