• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

GymWolf

Use the dash attack with mobs and jump on them. You’ll get a gun eventually that helps with crowd control.

Also, you can parry everything.
No it's not because i get swarmed, i'm talking 1vs1, it's their attack pattern, somehow they are less clear to read than boss patterns, that fucking cricket with the shield always get me on the second attack of his combo (and my general timing for parry and evasion being still off in this game), the only thing i get consistently done is the blue evade move because i just have to press the button when the sword glow.

They are not really hard but i'm trying to master the parry\evasion so i put myself more at risk instead of playing "normally".

I think i'm about to reach the first major boss, the alpha natyba of this zone.

Last edited:
I had to seriously concentrate and get lucky to get one of those damn input direction button puzzles. The ones that go in order are easy but the ones where it jumps around I was fuming at lol
My old eyes are just not good enough. I can't see which one is highlighted.

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa

Bartski

Gold Member
At the final boss, NG+ Hard mode.

Hard rebalances enemy health and damage and adds more mobs to some areas. With a maxed-out build it's still pretty easy, with the exception of last 3 bosses which at max health cut you down with 2-3 hits...

When using best Beta upgrades on exospine and gear all at once the L1+square spam sometimes almost breaks the game but sometimes doesn't work unblockable attack cancel as with most enemies...

The extended parry window exospine makes boss combos something I'm happy to see coming my way, which I can't say about projectile and AOE chains which are way more difficult to avoid and most are almost Instakill. Your 2 revives become your 2 get out of jail free card mistake limit per fight and you really have to parry everything.

k let's finish this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Do Speed Increase Gear items stack? like can I have more than one equipped to benefit from them both?

Bartski

Gold Member
BDqqcf2.png

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m starting to think any boss name starting with Ba and Be will test either your patience or your skill. lol

I’m loving the combat. L1+ Square can wreck stuff up if you let it.

Last edited:

SCB3

And done, tbh a solid 8 for me, better than Bayo 3 but not as good as DMCV, fun whilst it lasted though

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
And done, tbh a solid 8 for me, better than Bayo 3 but not as good as DMCV, fun whilst it lasted though
V was my biggest hurdle. Everything else felt great. DMCV:SE with Vergil was fantastic.

I saw the doll faced thing behind the rest point inside the tower. Am I over 75% the way there?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I started it last night and played for a few hours. Love the music so far. Combat is pretty fun. Does feel very Nier Automata-y. Are you eventually able to upgrade the number of healing items you carry?

stn

Game is siccccckkk. The fact that IGN gave it a '7' tells me I should never trust them again. Based on how their review read, its obvious they wanted to give it an 8 or 9 and then docked points because EVE is hot. I'll buy anything these guys create in the future, I really hope it sells well! We need more quality single-player games from newer studios.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm gonna have to disagree with John on the modes
Balance doesn't look or succeed the image quality of Resolution Mode.
Not even close, I think he needs new Glasses
The game visibly more softer and looks even worse in motion.
Not that it's actually bad, don't get me wrong the PQ is good enough but it's the difference good YouTube video and a native disc playback.

GooseMan69

Game is siccccckkk. The fact that IGN gave it a '7' tells me I should never trust them again. Based on how their review read, its obvious they wanted to give it an 8 or 9 and then docked points because EVE is hot. I'll buy anything these guys create in the future, I really hope it sells well! We need more quality single-player games from newer studios.

User score is a joke sometimes, but in this case I think it’s more accurate (has a 9.3 right now). Game is unbelievably good and is becoming an all timer for me.

Last edited:

Crayon

The game plays pretty good with no lock-on but I don't think there is any way to execute the purple flash reaction move (back+dash) without the lock on. I only got to try a few times so maybe.i just mistimed it, but any ideas?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The game plays pretty good with no lock-on but I don't think there is any way to execute the purple flash reaction move (back+dash) without the lock on. I only got to try a few times so maybe.i just mistimed it, but any ideas?
Because in order to use blink you need to be right in front of the enemy who about to attack, so you can use circle + move analog stick towards if its blue or back if purple.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I'm really not trying to be a trolling prick but...

When does this pick up and get good like you're all saying?

Currently trying to get to hall of records - does it all kick off and start properly after that?

I'm technically not even in the game so to speak, I'm still in the tutorial?

Cos I'm bored off my tits at the minute...

Last edited:

Crayon

I'm really not trying to be a trolling prick but...

When does this pick up and get good like you're all saying?

Currently trying to get to hall of records - does it all kick off and start properly after that?

I'm technically not even in the game so to speak, I'm still in the tutorial?

Shortly after that you get a big town, some supporting characters, and an open region with a lot of side quests. Idk if that will help but go a little further and see.

Danjin44

you have to do enough side quests in Xion to fill the "Lili meter" to 100%, this unlocks a whole new area at around 80% completion and changes the outcome of a rather vague choice at the very end, for the "good" secret ending and a post credits cut scene.
Is that what is for? I think already 100% that I wasn’t sure really what was it for……thats actually cool.

Thankfully I just do every side quests like an addict.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Is that what is for? I think already 100% that I wasn’t really what was it for……that actually cool.

Thankfully I just do every side quests like an addict.
I think you have to finish all questlines from NPCs in the codex, weird you can't check the progress of it unless you do something that adds to the %. It's done if at the first point of no return you get an option to go to a new locatrion - Eidos 9

rofif

Banned
Game is fantastic. I only just got to the wastelands and it's so good.
The pre-order red diving suit is so good.... and the orca exploration suit.. oh boy.... Not posting screenshots yet. You gotta get those yourself.

btw - I am torn on film grain. I keep turning it off and on. I usually like it in my games but here it's a bit heavy in some scenes and not in others. Balanced mode is great though.
edit: Had 1 crash when accepting quest once and the audio is a bit stuttering in wastelands. Could be pulse elites but I doubt

Last edited:

GymWolf

Some things are only reachable with the double jump right?

because i'm trying all the more obtuse ways to get some loot but i probably have to unlock double jump first...

Last edited:
I love this game. The atmosphere, the music, the exploration, the beautiful heroine, the combat.

But I'm worried it might be short. A lot of people seeming to beat the game very fast but also I fought like 3 bosses in my short playtime and when I look at the bestiary it says they are 3 out of 10 kinds of those boss monsters. I hope there are a bunch of bigger bosses that are not in the archive or something.

Danjin44

I love this game. The atmosphere, the music, the exploration, the beautiful heroine, the combat.

But I'm worried it might be short. A lot of people seeming to beat the game very fast but also I fought like 3 bosses in my short playtime and when I look at the bestiary it says they are 3 out of 10 kinds of those boss monsters. I hope there are a bunch of bigger bosses that are not in the archive or something.
I have same feeling since I kind dont want to this game end yet, thats why I'm doing EVERY quests I can find even the small board quests.

But if people call this game "padding" then I'm seriously gonna smack them.
im-gonna-slap-you-avery-bingham.gif

Last edited:

Crayon

I just stepped into wasteland.
So I should do main stuff and just fast track to double jump? When that might be ?

iirc, all or most of the quests available before the double jump is unlocked (it's gated by story/quest progress) are doable without. You might still have a bit to go till getting it so I wouldn't rush it.

One thing - the double jump just goes a tiny bit farther, so if you find spots where you aaaalllllmost make it, you probably need the double jump even if it seems like the single can make it if you were to keep trying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom