• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Spielberg - the one-take ninja master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is any of that Munich car shot CG'd at all? I'm just wondering how the camera turns left to Bana when there is a guy next to him on his right.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why one-take and not 'long shot' or 'long take'? Confusing.

That always one is crazy, although I guess they had planes landing every couple of minutes so no big deal if they needs a few takes.

Jimothy

Why is Cuaron getting so much praise here? I've only seen Children of Men of his movies, and that was an epitome of having for the sake of it long takes that mostly take you out of the experience and make you wonder how long it took them to get it right. Is Gravity so great or what's the deal here?
The long takes in Gravity don't call attention to themselves at all, whereas they felt kind of self-indulgent in Children of Men. I think the opening shot in Gravity is like 18 minutes long but I didn't really notice it was all in one take until my second viewing because I was totally immersed in the scene.

Isn't praising shots like Children of Men in this thread missing the point a bit?

Sculli is showing how full of style the shots in Munich are. They fit in seamlessly and you barely know theyre there.

iuxion

Isn't praising shots like Children of Men in this thread missing the point a bit?

Sculli is showing how full of style the shots in Munich are. They fit in seamlessly and you barely know theyre there.

Eh, I definitely noticed them. Not a bad thing, though. They were executed so well.

The long takes in Children of Men, for the most part, were used well too. Think of the scene when they were attacked in the car. No way it would have been that tense chopped up into multiple shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom