• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
bbYVxhG.jpg

Hoping for a pullback really as nothing really out there for me to buy.

I have a few AIM and Penny Stocks but that's about it. Usually like FTSE 250 Companies and Mid Cap US Stocks for the Divs.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Hoping for a pullback really as nothing really out there for me to buy.

I have a few AIM and Penny Stocks but that's about it. Usually like FTSE 250 Companies and Mid Cap US Stocks for the Divs.

It’s earnings season, so if a company FCF is not meeting expectations they get hit hard. And I mean worse than what were in prior years

Tesseract

Banned
lost generation gives no fucks, they play games like people breathe and know how to keep their traps shut

incredibly instinctual age albeit affixed to tremendous computation

ManofOne

Plus Member
WSB gotta be careful. I remember my time interning in an auditing firm and we had to hand over docs to the SEC b/c of insider trading accusations against one of our clients. When the SEC lays it sights on you it never stops. For inside traders, they do office raids and they look for any justification to can a person.

They often look at their reasons for investing in a particular stock. So if there is good analysis behind the reason and they invested then the SEC will back off (for now).

However, if the reason is just owning a short seller and doing a coordinated attack through a Gamma Squeeze, then SEC is definitely going to be looking into that.

It follows the line of insider trading and pump & dump schemes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Monday watch list to pull the trigger:

- Trivago (For the third time. Made money two other times since November)
- Athira Pharma (Down and out long term pharma play)
- Aurinia Pharma (A tip from CrankyJay. Never heard of them. If I can get in at good price opening bell 9:30. If it pops 30% before I get in, I'm going to pass)
- Horizon SPAC (HZON) (Roll the dice on a SPAC still at $10.60. Hasn't popped yet like others. A pure gamble just hoping it pops $2-3 and then dump it)

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
POtH7yb.jpg

Copper Linked Stocks seem to be taking a slight breather but still expecting it to run further as batteries output continue to grow. We may see a drop

1) New technologies in batteries make them efficient
2) Sales in e-cars and green technology slow
3) Inflation linkages become broken

qlLGn0K.jpg

I'm still long on my copper bets. Have a decent margin of safety. If demand continues to outweigh supply which I suspect it will as we go onto the near term, then you will see a further rally.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Another squeeze? Clearly there is stock manipulation here b/c the shorts are running out of stocks. These people feel they playing bitcoin here but the SEC is going to look at every last account in this run.

Last edited:
Anyway, AUPH still halted from Friday. Their lupus drug was approved and the company is hosting a CC this AM. Hoping for a $5-10 jump on open. Still a hold for me though I think.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Unbelelieavable. GME premarket at $100 and BB at $20 US (about $26 cdn)

Fuck, I sold my BB last week at about $14 US friday (close to $18 cdn).

DarkestHour

Banned
I feel like I need to take my gains, go almost 100% cash and reinvest in other stuff as time goes on. Losses are on ICLN and my bonds which have gone negative jsut recently. Top is equities and bottom is ETFs. I just don't want to take the tax hit lol.

jv4XSLD.png

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
I'm litterally up a $1.00 today
I feel like I need to take my gains, go almost 100% cash and reinvest in other stuff as time goes on. Losses are on ICLN and my bonds which have gone negative jsut recently. Top is equities and bottom is ETFs. I just don't want to take the tax hit lol.

jv4XSLD.png

How you went negative on bonds? Did you buy TIPS, CBONDS or TBILLS?

Top Bottom