• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Story Hour: December US box art

dacuk

Infernal Monkey said:
134770e.jpg

If Nintendo sells a Bundle of DS + this game in Latin America, they will sell millions!

Linkified

bafflewaffle said:

I'm actually suprised they have the 'Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart seen as he appeared in Hulk Hogans Celebrity Wrestling TV reality show. I thought the WWE were suing him and a few others. Guess not then.

TJ Spyke

They are not suing him since he is not under contract to WWE. There are just reports that they are upset with him for appearing on the show.

Linkified

TJ Spyke said:
They are not suing him since he is not under contract to WWE. There are just reports that they are upset with him for appearing on the show.

Oh I guess that explains why hulk hogan is still on the box art. You can't make a legends of wrestlemania game without including Andre vs Hulk

Ricker

These box art threads give me the creeps most of the time but thank god there's a Fire Emblem in there every once in a while hehe...

Kenka

These games are the reason why Ubi has a higher income than Square-Enix, Sega, Level 5, Tecmo and Namco-Bandai ?

Zoc

What's the gameplay actually like in these titles? Minigames? Management sims? I really can't imagine much else, but...

Vorador

Banned
Kenka said:
These games are the reason why Ubi has a higher income than Square-Enix, Sega, Level 5, Tecmo and Namco-Bandai ?

Yes. The development budget of those titles is very low, and they're sold at budget price and (sadly imo) they sell quite a bit. So the benefits are very high.

Zoc said:
What's the gameplay actually like in these titles? Minigames? Management sims? I really can't imagine much else, but...

They go all over the place. Most seem to be mindless mini-game collections, but there are a few localised Japanese visual novels... things mixed in, too.

Also, wow, another one!

51cLiqdeu0L._SS500_.jpg

519OEGDviGL._SS500_.jpg
51peyBvT55L._SS500_.jpg

B0013Y1G7S.01._SX298_SCLZZZZZZZ_V239962013_.jpg
B0015I2UJK.01._SX298_SCLZZZZZZZ_V239854665_.jpg

AniHawk

grandjedi6 said:

Oh sweet fuck yes.

I NEED MY FIX MAN. IT'S BEEN A YEAR SINCE I LAST PLAYED ONE.

On another note, it's also been a year since I played a Zelda game. And two years since I played a good one. Startin' to want a new one. Glad Nintendo's done releasing them year after year though.

Roarer

Pharoah said:
Yep, and it's not a fake gimmick: the Big Bang Mini lenticular box is real, folks!

(I may be mistaken, but I believe it's a "world premiere" for the DS. There was something for the Warioware Twisted box, but it was on the GBA, and with only 3 frames.)

That is totally awesome. They should've done that with Gears of War as well, using the headshot.gif that circulated prior to the games release.

Also, Hentai-games should do this as well.

Tntnnbltn

megashock5 said:
The Master Chef box is just begging for the addition of an "i" and armor.
Am I doing it right?

n5o9zd.jpg

I imagine she would be some kind of human-hermit cyborg. The hermit obviously relays tactical data like location and overlays some kind of HUD on her vision.

Emotions

shidoshi said:
Wait, really? That actually has me slightly curious.

Figure Skater and Master Chef i think they're both Japanese games translated and rebranded for overseas. Dunno about the rest though.....

dork

Banned
B0017LSXCI.01._SX420_SCLZZZZZZZ_V240370143_.jpg

microsoft should have made this

im going to make a game called "imagine i fucking kill the next dumbass customer who buys one of those fucking games"

TJ Spyke

dork said:
B0017LSXCI.01._SX420_SCLZZZZZZZ_V240370143_.jpg

microsoft should have made this

im going to make a game called "imagine i fucking kill the next dumbass customer who buys one of those fucking games"

The ONLY reason I hope this sells well is because it might encourage Nintendo to make Mario Paint DS.

Top Bottom