• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

tensuke

Glad it's coming to PC! I agree it's probably timed console exclusive, no way they'd shaft Xbone in the long run. Although, it's possible regular SFV isn't timed, given that there will inevitably be a million different full boost alpha EXrd ++ turbo final burnererd editions, and the Xbone could get one of those instead.

Peltz

A lot of speculation in this thread. Let's wait till Monday and I'm sure we will have more details on the exclusivity arrangement.

As I said in another thread, even if SFV truly is PS4 and PC exclusive, do people really think that SFV will only have one "edition". This is Capcom.

I'm sure the Ultra/Hyper/Arcade editions will be coming out eventually and I'd bet they'll be on Xbox One.

Seems most of these 3rd party exclusives are coming to PC so if you have one you should be good.

Unfortunately i typically game on console so these decisions corner the market IMO SPECIFICALLY due to the current state of the gaming industry. The money grabbing is more rampant which has led to DLC microtransactions, parity and other HORRIBLE things. The last thing I want is a bidding war between Microsoft and Sony for third party exclusivity.

Grimsen said:
I don't get this. Even from whatever little was shown, it's obvious it's far from the same assets.

Looks very much like it to me. It is Capcom and they are known to do this. Either way I'm not impressed. Hope the game is fun.

RetroStu

Banned
As someone who always buys both Xbox and Playstation consoles, this kind of stuff doesn't bother me and its been going on since gaming has existed really BUT it does make me smile the way this kind of stuff is viewed on here depending on which console has the exclusivity.

Afrikan

Hype train? We got that. Well, we have two actually. (Thanks to DieH@rd)

xuydbm.gif

What more we have a hype army! (Thanks to ElTorro)

can I get a link to Eltorro's original post?

how can you not feel special being part of GAF. that's just amazing.

That's a fucking dick move for Xbox One owners if it actually turns out console exclusive.

Nah man.We should have more exclusives. Games that are developed for one system are infinitely technically superior.
The One and Done™;141835861 said:
The implications of the Tomb Raider deal and this is NOT good for us gamers. PERIOD.

Games that are developed for many platforms simultaneously are worse than ones that are made for one then ported later/

Seems most of these 3rd party exclusives are coming to PC so if you have one you should be good.

exclusives have been part of the business for a long time. If you don't want to be affected by them, buy every machine. If this is asking too much, then maybe wait and see if it comes to one of your machines. getting upset over exclusives is silly, it's part of the business.

does it kinda suck? yeah, it kinda sucks but comparing this to other exclusives is a rabbit hole that is deep and doing so helps no one, really. I'd rather live in a world where a new tomb raider and a new street fighter exists, and if these deals make that a possibility then it's an unfortunate necessity. we'll live

Oh, look what I found while looking for the article about Ono deconfirming microtransactions.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/society/news/2014/06/11/kiji/K20140611008345230.html

Direct mentions of them looking to release it on PS4 and Xbox One, from an interview with the president of the company that took place at E3. Taken from the Eventhubs translation of the article:
Plans change, man. Plans change.

It's okay; you just gotta learn to accept it and move on. That's a part of life.

Compbros

As someone who always buys both Xbox and Playstation consoles, this kind of stuff doesn't bother me and its been going on since gaming has existed really BUT it does make me smile the way this kind of stuff is viewed on here depending on which console has the exclusivity.

It should bother you because money is (potentially) being spent on a game that was coming out anyway instead of on (potentially) a new game/ip. Every dollar spent locking a game out on one of the other platforms you own is money not being used to create games on the platforms you own.

sniperpon

Trailer is like a car commercial. How obnoxious.

And it looks just like IV, but with a different lighting model. No return to sprites I guess :(

Squishy3

Yatōkiri_Kilgharrah;141837148 said:
But xbox has less games than the PS4
It currently has 28 less games than PS4 available for purchase, according to Wikipedia. No idea how up to date that is.

Plans change, man. Plans change.

It's okay; you just gotta learn to accept it and move on. That's a part of life.
I understand that, but people have been saying the entire thread there was no indication it was going to be multiplatform, and I just found evidence to the contrary, FROM THE PRESIDENT OF CAPCOM. I have no stake in this argument, because I'm buying it on PC, I just found evidence to the contrary and it's absolutely relevant to the discussion.

Also, remember, at E3 is the place where plans to make these kinds of deals are made. The deals are never made at E3, but it's where the people meet up and get the talks going.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I don't like platforms paying to keep games off other systems. Microsoft did it with Titanfall and now it appears Sony is doing the same with SF V. This is a poor situation for gamers. Microsoft/Sony should be battling to optimise third party games for their platform, not keeping them away from the other system. The only case that is ok if they are funding development from the beginning, but it is hard to believe that SF V would be in this situation.

Also with the game coming out on PC, it should be easy to port to XBOX anyway...

ViciousDS

Banned
Yatōkiri_Kilgharrah;141836929 said:
Nah man.We should have more exclusives. Games that are developed for one system are infinitely technically superior.

I agree with this.....it brings out more from the developer when only aiming for one console specs. Plus it's competition, means more aggressive action to win the consumer. I own both the X1 and ps4....so it really doesn't bother me

FZZ

Banned
Everyone's gonna lose their shit once they announce Street Fighter VI next year as an Xbox One exclusive

( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°)

As I think about it I wish they could brighten the visuals just a tad. It looks really dark. Add some more color. Brighten the visuals. Add some really good lighting and we're ace.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Yeah guys I'm the editor in chief of that site and I wrote that article.

With regard to third party exclusivity being a 'thing' I should have clarified that I'm talking about the nature in which games you wouldn't ever assume were going to be swept up for lifetime exclusivity are now going to become caught up in this trend. Whilst TR doesn't fall under this because it's timed, I feel that the Sony contingent going on the defence regarding this deal, somehow assuming that this is now an equitable response to MS' actions will only ratify this trend in the future. It'll soon become the acceptable norm considering just how early on and just how iconic these franchises are.
Um...

When wasn't this a trend? Because I'm drawing a blank.

muleth

Banned
Everyone's gonna lose their shit once they announce Street Fighter VI next year as an Xbox One exclusive

image.php

RetroStu

Banned
It should bother you because money is (potentially) being spent on a game that was coming out anyway instead of on (potentially) a new game/ip. Every dollar spent locking a game out on one of the other platforms you own is money not being used to create games on the platforms you own.

You're probably right but this kind of stuff has always gone on and will continue to go on, especially now with the huge development costs.

fallingdove

VI won't be coming out for quite some time. But I could see SFV: 2nd Impact go multiplatform.

Windforce

I don't like platforms paying to keep games off other systems. Microsoft did it with Titanfall and now it appears Sony is doing the same with SF V. This is a poor situation for gamers. Microsoft/Sony should be battling to optimise third party games for their platform, not keeping them away from the other system. The only case that is ok if they are funding development from the beginning, but it is hard to believe that SF V would be in this situation.

Also with the game coming out on PC, it should be easy to port to XBOX anyway...

But making huge AAA games exclusive is what actually sells the systems.

I bought a PlayStation for Final Fantasy VII when I was a rabid Sega fanboy.

I tell you, I'll follow games like Final Fantasy, Diablo, Street Fighter,
Shining Force
on any platform they get released.

autoduelist

If you're going to get that abstract about it, you could just take it one step further:

They would only spend the money to lock down an exclusive if they thought it would be ultimately profitable (selling consoles and getting people into the ecosystem via a stable of good exclusives).

If it's a profitable decision, then they'd actually have more money down the line to spend on creating other games.

It's not that simple, but it's not as simple as you make it either -- as evidenced by how easy it is to turn your argument on its head and logically come to the exact opposite conclusion.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

too soon. Maybe Super Street Fighter 5 :eek:

badb0y

Primarily a PC gamer here so it's nice to see it's coming to the platform. I do not like this 3rd party exclusive deals these console makers are doing but I don't care as long as the games still come to the PC.

On the other hand, for whatever reason, Microsoft likes to treat PC gamers like an aborted step child they can't get rid of. I mean, why make TR exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 only? They know that they make Windows right?

oti

Banned
So after all these years of SF4, has the pro community determined obvious flaws in the fighting system? Things that need or should change in SF5? Does it need another meter or does it have too many meters? Just in general, what could Capcom actually change is what I'm asking as a casual fan.

I tried to learn Abel when SF4 came out and failed miserably.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Primarily a PC gamer here so it's nice to see it's coming to the platform. I do not like this 3rd party exclusive deals these console makers are doing but I don't care as long as the games still come to the PC.

On the other hand, for whatever reason, Microsoft likes to treat PC gamers like an aborted step child they can't get rid of. I mean, why make TR exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 only? They know that they make Windows right?

OTOH we've seen what can happen when they pay attention to PC gaming. GFWL... /shudder

Top Bottom