• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 Preview/Crossplay/Rollback Confirmed

anthony2690

Banned

VGC247, a much better video here imo, that explains the mechanics.

Kayane (well known soul calibur player) posted some match footage, french speaking over the gameplay, but gameplay looks good.

Super moves for the 4 fighters in the current
build.

Maximilian gameplay.

Deleted the original video, as it wasn't that great imo.

Update/edit:
dvQfpZo.png

Crossplay/rollback confirmed!

Last edited:

Fermbiz

Gold Member
After see paint splatter from certain moves, it gave me a random thought... What would Mortal Kombat look like with a Street Fighter makeover 🤔

Very, very promising, looking forward to the inevitable open beta; although there'll be a lot of changes by the release date (hopefully 1st quarter next year).

Last edited:

Pejo

I disagree with that first video where states that people know footsies/spacing/crossups/hit confirms but can't do a fireball motion. That seems totally backwards from my viewpoint. I don't think the vast majority of casual players even know what "footsies" means in context of a fighting game.

Not sure how I feel about drive right now. It sounds like it's going to be the majority decider of a match instead of other factors. I'll have to wait and try for myself.

Man I keep teeter-tottering on whether I like the art style or not. Most of the time I don't, but the splash effects are actually kinda cool in motion.

anthony2690

Banned
I disagree with that first video where states that people know footsies/spacing/crossups/hit confirms but can't do a fireball motion. That seems totally backwards from my viewpoint. I don't think the vast majority of casual players even know what "footsies" means in context of a fighting game.

Not sure how I feel about drive right now. It sounds like it's going to be the majority decider of a match instead of other factors. I'll have to wait and try for myself.

Man I keep teeter-tottering on whether I like the art style or not. Most of the time I don't, but the splash effects are actually kinda cool in motion.
I think he is onto something.

I was watching Tekken the other day at combo breaker and some casual player almost beat a pro, and probably would've smashed him, if he had the execution for decent combos.

He was doing the right reads and inputs and combo starters, but was doing very weak low damage combos/dropping constantly.

I think the game looks interesting and I can imagine it will be tweaked by release, looking forward to trying it myself and seeing the new mechanics first hand. :)

Last edited:

yurinka

I have a bunch of fighting sticks from ps3 and ps4 that I paid decent $$$ for when I was into fighting games

wonder if they would work on the xsx
They won't unless it's a custom arcade stick using a Brook UFB internal board. But there are adaptors for it if you don't want to buy a new arcade stick or to mod it to make it multiplatform. As I know the best adaptors are also from Brook, like this one (not sure if it's the most recent one or the best specifcally for Series X): https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/03946072/

I assume there's no compatibility issue with Series X, I suggest you to check out the compatibility list and investigate using google.

Last edited:

yurinka

Some stuff from Easy Allies:
  • The netcode is rollback, but not the same from SFV: they were aware of the issues and changed the netcode to improve it
  • Features full crossplay between PS, Xbox and PC
  • Input delay felt great, better than SFV
  • Framerate felt very smooth and solid

Last edited:

Fredrik

The visuals and the design is pure perfection.
But the pause effect on hits is driving me crazy. Is it there to amplify the hit effect or to insert a window for further input when doing combos?

Kokoloko85

Everything looks/sounds great apart from the characters looking extremely roided and way over the top.

Guile looks bigger than he was in his 20-30’s. Ryu is on the same juice Chris Redfield is on and that foreman character looks like he belongs in Arms on Switch.
I dont wanna hear anyone complain about Abbey anymore lol

killatopak

I hope the delays aren't too much for each platform.

Crossplay won't be used in the high level if there's significant advantage especially on PC vs consoles.

Banned
Not just that, MK in-game animation is horrible!

As someone who loves watching fighting game tournaments, I can’t stand watching MK tournaments because of it’s crappy animation.

Kung Lao is the only character in this game that doesn't feel like complete shit to play... it's so fucking sad that Netherrealm still can't make a good fighting game

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Hmmm. I'll be watching match videos for analysis. I wanna see some footsies. Looks beautiful, but if it plays like ass then I'm out.

Banned
Not just that, MK in-game animation is horrible!

As someone who loves watching fighting game tournaments, I can’t stand watching MK tournaments because of it’s crappy animation.

Kung Lao is the only character in this game that doesn't feel like complete shit to play... it's so fucking sad that Netherrealm still can't make a good fighting game

this one by the same yt channel also gave me a chuckle

anthony2690

Banned
I hope the delays aren't too much for each platform.

Crossplay won't be used in the high level if there's significant advantage especially on PC vs consoles.
I wonder if they will sort out ps5 input delay too, would be pretty poor, if PS4 has much better input delay like kofxv, ggstrive and other fighters.

& Obviously Xbox/pc better input delay advantage too, if KOFXV is anything to go by.

Top Bottom