• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

Rafus

The big news here is the new V-Triggers. I hope this helps balancing, and make bad MU a bit better. I'm a Vega main, so I pray for a "powerup" V-Trigger like almost everyone else :p

HardRojo

Isn't it her stance?

That's Rashid I think, at least the taunt makes me think so.

Wait, they are adding actual UDON drawn endings for each SF path for every character? DAMN! They're really putting a lot of work in this! And for $40 it really is a no-brainer for newcomers. Now reveal Zeku please!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't get the "OMG THEY SAID NO NEW GAME!!!" controversy.

If they called this "Street Fighter V Game of the Year DLC Bundle Edition" would people be acting like it was a new game instead of a retail re-release with DLC included?

Is Horizon: Zero Dawn: Complete Edition a new game?

MrMephistoX

Nice it’s free but I think if you own base SFV and none of the season passes it’s about the same price? Aren’t the passes like $20 each? Pretty fair imho.

I'll jump in at that price....it feels like this could be a relaunch of the game and the price point is perfect with the content you are getting.

Whatever Zangief's new V-Trigger is, I hope it helps with the Menat match up.

I am curious what Abigail's new V-Trigger could be too. It feels like his whole Fierce Punch line up was designed around his current V-Trigger.

Nice to see more Final Fight references in Street Fighter as well. Cannot wait for the Zeku reveal.

Nice it’s free but I think if you own base SFV and none of the season passes it’s about the same price? Aren’t the passes like $20 each? Pretty fair imho.

I don't know about the U.S. but season 2 is still full price over here

r1WGUNn.jpg

If they called this "Street Fighter V Game of the Year DLC Bundle Edition" would people be acting like it was a new game instead of a retail re-release with DLC included?

Thank you.

Glad to see this is a more complete package and at $40, there's no reason for anyone who hadn't bought it to not but it now.

I do think the UI is not that good. Was expecting complete revision. Wasn't a fan of the webpage layout. The glitzy character select screen is a little bit of an eye sore now, but if it's fixed loading times then that's a boon - loading times are the main thing that has kept me from playing so much.

Questions:
Are the extra stages included... would be sweet if they were.
Colours? Do we still need to do shitty Survival Mode/pay? I doubt they will change this at any time, sadly.

Edit: Oh, they have Udon doing the art... it's better than SFV Bengus but...still... can we move on from Udon in the future.

HotchieMotchie

Neo Member

I think some people genuinely thought that "No Super or Ultra" meant we wouldn't get a retail re-release with bonus content.

I know that's not what they said, but I think that's what people assumed, and it doesn't help that the general perception of Capcom as a company is pretty low right now.

ffvorax

That's really an awesome package, good that I waited even after all the discounts they made... will buy now for sure! :D

Neoxon

I will wait for the eventual "Super Street Fighter 5 Arcade Edition + Alpha" that will probably include Season 3-5 characters :p
If you factor in the base roster + the first 12 DLC characters in AE, you'll probably have enough Fight Money to get the others without paying a dime out of your wallet.

Seeing all the different arcade mode scenarios... season 3 is definitely going to be all returning characters, the inverse of season 2. Sagat's coming in hot.

Tizoc

Cool. I hope she isn't too complicated to use. I'm better with quarter circle characters, I suck with charge characters.
Her basic combos are easy
There is one tricky combo in trial mode but u dont need to utilize it in matches, her basic juggle combos deal good enough damage

Massaki

Neo Member
I'm kinda confused by some of the posts on here and what the video actually says

the video says "ALL NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES AND MODES WILL BE FREE TO CURRENT SFV OWNERS"

but there are a lot of posts on here from people stating that the current SFV owners will be getting the Season Pass Characters too?

I don't think the characters are going to be included for current SFV owners.... I think the free update will probably only cover the new UI + modes + V-Triggers.

They wouldn't want people buying pre owned copies of SFV for £8 then getting all the same content as their brand new £40 game sitting on the next shelf....

Qvoth

i very much doubt capcom will give out the season 1 and 2 characters for free
hell i'm glad with just the arcade mode and the new v triggers

Color me surprised about the inclusion of S1 and S2 characters, but that's a GREAT package for newcomers. And damn I was always in the camp of "no need for arcade mode" but THIS arcade mode looks really nice to try. Right move here.

I'm kinda confused by some of the posts on here and what the video actually says

the video says "ALL NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES AND MODES WILL BE FREE TO CURRENT SFV OWNERS"

but there are a lot of posts on here from people stating that the current SFV owners will be getting the Season Pass Characters too?

No, characters won't be free for vanilla owners.

Everything else is free.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
because they ALSO said there wouldn't be a Super/Ultra edition. they said BOTH THINGS.
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/street-fighter-v-will-never-go-super-sfv-becomes-a-service

everyone's correct and it literally doesn't matter because it's a free update.

turn the page pls

The USgamer article is the author's words and interpretation. He is saying there won't be a "super" edition in the sense that is laid out in the article's introduction. There is no quote from Capcom.

Capcom made their statement, it's easy to understand, people haven't actually read it and only think they know what was said due to second hand repetition or their own faulty memories.

ldcommando

Banned

Reading is difficult, man. What are you, a scientist?

Top Bottom