• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

This is what the game should have been on day one. I gladly would have paid full price on day one for this.

They really should throw existing owners a bone and unlock the remaining characters. I'm sure a lot of us have some unlocked already.
I personally have 5 unlocked from between both season passes so unless I can get both passes for $10 or something I'm not going to bother considering I've already spent so much hard to get currency on shit.

cordy

Banned
So now we know why MvCI was low budget lol. They were putting their A team on salvaging SFV lol.

Hopefully, this bodes well for Marvel getting some decent post-launch support to fix it up.
Tbh I'd put all my efforts into SFV rather than Marvel if I were Capcom too.

jett

D-Member
This is how people get disappointed.

People look for reasons to be disappointed. This is a great and fair package for newcomers and a great update for current ones.

I'm only annoyance is the changed interface. Unlike most people I guess, I really liked how sleek and straight-forward the HUD in the game was. Everything looked good and readable while also being unobtrusive. In SFV:AE the HUD is just jumping at my face.

IronLich

If you just want the season 2 characters, buy the character pass. It's less than the price of this retail update, and will probably be further discounted next year. What's the dilemma?

The dilemma lies in whether or not I have to start from scratch as far as FM or LP Rank goes. I know it's a bit of an obscure scenario, but I want to make sure all the FM stuff I purchased carries over to the AE disc. I'm sure the answer is "yes", but I'm also sure this game is made by Capcom.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
05_sf07.jpg

YOOOO! Nadeshiko can hit you with a chair now?!

New Move? New V-Skill? Since V-Trigger bar isn't drained.

People look for reasons to be disappointed. This is a great and fair package for newcomers and a great update for current ones.

I'm only annoyance is the changed interface. Unlike most people I guess, I really liked how sleek and straight-forward the HUD in the game was. Everything looked good and readable while also being unobtrusive. In SFV:AE the HUD is just jumping at my face.

Agreed.

I do, like the minor UI changes of the super bar and such. Not everyone is a fan tho.

SgtCobra

Definitely in.

This is how people get disappointed.
I mean how else is Capcom gonna sell this new package for 40 bucks? It's not like people wanna pay an 30-20 extra just for costumes or stages.
Why buy the arcade edition when the regular and way cheaper one has the same stuff as a download?

nikos

Really excited to see how the game feels after the update.

Glad to see yellow HP bars again, R. Kelly is back in the building.

Hopefully it really is at NYCC, I'll be there all weekend.

They wouldn't want people buying pre owned copies of SFV for £8 then getting all the same content as their brand new £40 game sitting on the next shelf....

They can work around this by giving current owners lots of free fight money the week before release (if they log on that week). Celebrate the release of SFV Arcade Edition before it's on sale. Something like that anyway.

cordy

Banned
Hmm...

Wonder if there's a different ending for each character depending on the path. Highly doubt it. Also wondering if stages have been completely rewritten or if you can pick an older version of some.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The dilemma lies in whether or not I have to start from scratch as far as FM or LP Rank goes. I know it's a bit of an obscure scenario, but I want to make sure all the FM stuff I purchased carries over to the AE disc. I'm sure the answer is "yes", but I'm also sure this game is made by Capcom.

I don't understand why you want this disc if all you are missing is S2 characters. Do you need a disc for a specific reason?

Definitely in.

I mean how else is Capcom gonna sell this new package for 40 bucks? It's not like people wanna pay an 30-20 extra just for costumes or stages.
Why buy the arcade edition when the regular and way cheaper one has the same stuff as a download?

The roster itself is worth 40 bucks.

If you don't care about the roster just get the vanilla ver and enjoy the gameplay updates, UI and the inclusion of arcade mode. Expecting all the costumes and stages to be free? I mean it's like the majority of folks don't know how capcom operate.

Coda

Is it just me or this the music in this trailer so friggin good? This new story mode looks fantastic too. In fact, everything does! Thank you Capcom. Hopefully they improved the netcode as well.

Yeah it's actually really hype inducing, just the way it ends and fades out is really nice as well.

vg260

OK, firstly I'm excited by this. Looking great.

Thank god everyone can shut the fuck up about their precious arcade mode now.

I'm pissed off that I paid full price for the seasons though. And now we get this news before we've even seen the final character. That's kinda bullshit.

What about stages and costumes? Will they be free with the new disc?

I feel like existing owners need to thrown a bone to stop them feeling ripped off.

The bone we got is being able to play for months. Cheaper bundles happen all the time. You should know the drill by now.

It's funny how you follow up being condescending about people who have been asking for arcade mode and proceed to complain about a cheaper re-bundle, which has been a thing for ages, and feel entitled to some bonus.

kikiribu

Is it just me or this the music in this trailer so friggin good? This new story mode looks fantastic too. In fact, everything does! Thank you Capcom. Hopefully they improved the netcode as well.
Definitely not just you, got me crazy hyped lol

They're not going to give early adopters free characters and stages. The best they'll do is throw us a FM bonus to pick up a few without having to pay.

You bought the game early so you got to play it all this time, that's the price you pay for early adoption. If you haven't bought a single character so far and you don't want to spend your fight money for some reason, you can just buy the new version and pay less than it would cost for both character passes (until S2 gets discounted). Now that S3 is coming, there will probably be a heavier discount for S1 in a future sale as well.

vg260

I don't understand why you want this disc if all you are missing is S2 characters. Do you need a disc for a specific reason?

If the season 2 characters are simply available without a code, one benefit is any user on the system being able to use them on their profile.

HardRojo

Hmm...

Wonder if there's a different ending for each character depending on the path. Highly doubt it. Also wondering if stages have been completely rewritten or if you can pick an older version of some.

From SFV's official CFN site:

To commemorate the 30th anniversary of Street Fighter,
you can enjoy the story paths of 6 SF games.
There's an ending comic panel for each character in each path.
They're going the extra mile with this update.

Top Bottom