• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

For what it's worth, I rarely see Kens and fight tons of Ryus in Ultra on PS4. I have no idea whether that community reflects the overall SF4 community though.

yup, way more Ryu and even Evil Ryu than Ken.

I'm not sure where else to ask this, so sorry to throw a bit of a random post in here, but is Ultra SFIV on PS4 worth it yet? I'm pretty stoked for V but honestly never got IV and was thinking it might be fun to take a dive for a bit before the new game is released. Go for it or just wait?

pretty sure the port is fixed/good to go. they're using it for all the capcom pro tour tournaments at this point.

For what it's worth, I rarely see Kens and fight tons of Ryus in Ultra on PS4. I have no idea whether that community reflects the overall SF4 community though.
No Ken is just a new player friendly character, sf4 is old now, just the dedicated players around mostly now, and Ken is actually not that easy to play with at high level, all of can't do what Momochi can lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Updated OP:

- I didn't know you didn't need PS+, but the blog post from the first beta mentioned that you did need it so I was going off of the official word. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
- Removed link to the SF site for beta being up/down as it's clearly unreliable
- Going to wait on NA confirmation before I edit in anything about the USFIV costume pack
- Added info about CFN and replay viewing support

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys!

wow this shit is 13.9 gb now? tripled in size? or was it always this big?
Where did you see this number?

Thread up a little prematurely isn't it? Still got 9 days or so. :O
Some people in the other thread kept insisting on a new thread..guess he buckled.
It's explained why at the top of OP, and on the first page we see multiple people got in early.

wait, you do need PS+ for the beta? I thought a few people here said they played just fine without it.

There is no online multiplayer on the PS4 without PS+.

With that said, I doubt you'll need PS+ to access the PC version and it's beta.

I don't have plus and I was able to play in the beta just fine. Unless they have changed it for this go round (which is possible) then you don't need it.

That aside think I'm gonna try to play a lot more matches this time. Just received my new ps4 six button hori commander pro controller, and a longer ethernet cable. Time to suck it up.

mattp

i think it's because at this point only "hardcore" players are left playing sf4
when sf5 is new i think we'll see the wave of kens come back when more casual players are in again haha

Everyone sounds so good, I think I'll be putting in time with everyone. Even characters I've never liked using like Vega sound interesting this time around.

RS4-

Well, this is new:

"please select your home. Your home is the region where you reside. Your region will be connected to your online ID. You will be unable to change it."

Something something.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Died on me too, but got to play some Mika.

She's fun, even if I'll have to adjust to her odd normals once again.

Love the fact there's a pretty nice amount of stuff you can get off the rope throw; Can go into her EX anti air throw in the corner without the uppercut (Bouncing off the wall counts as aerial state I guess), can uppercut into AA throw, can uppercut into Neutral Nadeshiko V trigger activation into Air throw... and from mid screen, the rope throw can lead to slides or reset medium kicks from the back variant.

Wasn't aware she had a LK -> MP Target combo, nice for poking.

EX HCB P throw seems to have better range and damage than the K variation, but the K one leaves them closer.

Can she get anything off her D+MP Aerial Splash? It hits them into the air, but don't seem to be able to follow up,

My 2 or 3 matches this time felt a bit smoother than the last Beta. Expecially once I stopped mixing up my character with the mirror match version of myself! ;-)

Kei-

Died on me too, but got to play some Mika.

She's fun, even if I'll have to adjust to her odd normals once again.

Love the fact there's a pretty nice amount of stuff you can get off the rope throw; Can go into her EX anti air throw in the corner without the uppercut (Bouncing off the wall counts as aerial state I guess), can uppercut into AA throw, can uppercut into Neutral Nadeshiko V trigger activation into Air throw... and from mid screen, the rope throw can lead to slides or reset medium kicks from the back variant.

Wasn't aware she had a LK -> MP Target combo, nice for poking.

EX HCB P throw seems to have better range and damage than the K variation, but the K one leaves them closer.

Can she get anything off her D+MP Aerial Splash? It hits them into the air, but don't seem to be able to follow up,

My 2 or 3 matches this time felt a bit smoother than the last Beta. Expecially once I stopped mixing up my character with the mirror match version of myself! ;-)

Nice tips. First time using the character in any iteration, but she was a lot of fun. Had no idea the qcf+k was an air throw until i did it as my opponent happened to be jumping, makes it scary to jump against her sine she has that, her F+Fierce uppercut, and D+MP, I'm sure i'm missing some AA options as well. Any idea the usefulness of her DF+Fierce attack? It's like a diving knee punch almost.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nice tips. First time using the character in any iteration, but she was a lot of fun. Had no idea the qcf+k was an air throw until i did it as my opponent happened to be jumping, makes it scary to jump against her sine she has that, her F+Fierce uppercut, and D+MP, I'm sure i'm missing some AA options as well. Any idea the usefulness of her DF+Fierce attack? It's like a diving knee punch almost.

Thanks!

The AA Throw is a nice surprise before you know about it, and I'd assume you could even use it as something to cancel into to get out of corners, if the recovery isn't completely horrible (seemed better than the recovery of her missed command throws, yikes.) One of the Vega's I fought just refused to jump after her options provided so much shutdown.

Does she HAVE a DF+ Fierce? Down Fierce is the Shoulder tackle, and F+ Fierce is the uppercut as you know. Neutral fierce is a double handed hammer blow. The tackle just seems to be a decent Fierce hit tool, I couldn't find combos off it's hit, but it looked like it left them with enough time on hit to toss in a mixup throw if you want to be sneaky.

Chargable Roundhouse Kick is so nice too, just stop right infront of enemies footsie range, let them whiff a move, and then get a nice crush counter for combo purposes.

vg260

Noob question. If I preorder SF V from Steam, do I get a beta key?

The beta will show up in your Steam account.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/481115363856944375/#c481115363859620402

Capcom said:
There's no need for a separate beta password provided you've already pre-purchased the game.

We'll add the Beta version build to your Steam Library (separate AppID from the full game, btw) once we get closer to the actual beta launch date.

Customers who have purchased it directly from Steam has nothing to worry about. It'll automagically show up in your library list when we manually flip the switch.

If you purchased it outside of Valve's store, you'll need to redeem the Steam key (full game) from the retailer that sold it to you. Once redeemed, you'll see the beta build added to your library list once we get closer to the Beta. To be clear, there is no separate Steam key for the beta build.

-wbacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom