• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - Dhalsim Trailer

Dremark

Banned
Well they should have seen a long time ago that this game is all about Alpha characters, not III. Hope for DLC or SFVI in eight years. Ha ha.

Ha.

You have Ken, Ryu and Chun-Li for SFIII characters. The same number of characters in the game that actually originated in the Alpha series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You have Ken, Ryu and Chun-Li for SFIII characters. The same number of characters in the game that actually originated in the Alpha series.

I dont care either way, but calling Ryu, Ken and Chun Li "SFIII" characters... come on now

Come on :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The most popular SFIII video ever featured Ken and Chun lmao.

Ok. Im going to call Drake "that Uncharted 3 character" now or Lara Croft "that character from Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness"

Its not untrue I guess :p

Dremark

Banned
I dont care either way, but calling Ryu, Ken and Chun Li "SFIII" characters... come on now

Come on :p

Ryu, Chun-Li, Bison, Cammy, Birdie*, Ken, Vega, Zangief and Dhalsim aren't exactly Alpha characters, but they are presented as being them when it suits the argument of the person saying it (Usually someone complaining about a like of SF3 characters).

I like SF3 as well but let's not ignore logic just to fit our argument. Hopefully we get some in DLC.

*I guess you can sort of argue he is I guess.

myco666

"All about Alpha", meaning returning characters that haven't been seen in a Street Fighter game since Alpha. That would be all the Alpha characters in SFV. Notice how there are zero SFIII characters in SFV?

This is why I say anyone who was hoping for Alex or any other SFIII characters have obviously not been paying attention to this game's pattern. Hope for DLC.

I sure notice that there aren't any 3S characters. People who wanted 3S characters had hopes for having atleast some characters from 3S and not so many from SF2. Well to be fair the pattern first of seemed to be 4 SF2, 4 Alpha and 4 3S characters and everyone still had hopes up for 3S characters until Zangief was revealed.

Ryu, Chun-Li, Bison, Cammy, Birdie*, Ken, Vega, Zangief and Dhalsim aren't exactly Alpha characters, but they are presented as being them when it suits the argument of the person saying it (Usually someone complaining about a like of SF3 characters).

I like SF3 as well but let's not ignore logic just to fit our argument. Hopefully we get some in DLC.

*I guess you can sort of argue he is I guess.

I've never heard anyone saying that those characters would be Alpha characters except for Birdie and he pretty much is Alpha character considering SF1 barely even exists.

Dremark

Banned
I've never heard anyone saying that those characters would be Alpha characters except for Birdie and he pretty much is Alpha character considering SF1 barely even exists.

It's a common enough statement in the roster thread. Also the post I initially replied to stated that SF5 is "all about" Alpha characters, an odd statement considering there's total of 3 in the game if you're not counting the list of characters above as being from Alpha.

myco666

It's a common enough statement in the roster thread. Also the post I initially replied to stated that SF5 is "all about" Alpha characters, an odd statement considering there's total of 3 in the game if you're not counting the list of characters above as being from Alpha.

Really? That statement is really dumb. Yeah SF5 is definetily not all about Alpha but all about SF2 like SF4 was. Hell even SF4 had 4 Alpha characters so it would be all about Alpha too if SF5 is all about Alpha.

Dremark

Banned
Really? That statement is really dumb. Yeah SF5 is definetily not all about Alpha but all about SF2 like SF4 was. Hell even SF4 had 4 Alpha characters so it would be all about Alpha too if SF5 is all about Alpha.

For what it's worth SF5 has a better mix, it's just they have a small starting roster and a new plan to grow it out. I think the roster has good diversity and a lot of the returning characters have interesting twists to freshen them up. I would have liked to see a few characters from 3 make it in but we have DLC at least.

People complained about "Alpha being over represented" in SF4, one of the ways people took shots at it was calling it Street Fighter Alpha 4.

Oddly there are people using this same name for 5.

myco666

For what it's worth SF5 has a better mix, it's just they have a small starting roster and a new plan to grow it out. I think the roster has good diversity and a lot of the returning characters have interesting twists to freshen them up. I would have liked to see a few characters from 3 make it in but we have DLC at least.

People complained about "Alpha being over represented" in SF4, one of the ways people took shots at it was calling it Street Fighter Alpha 4.

Oddly there are people using this same name for 5.

I am really happy that Capcom decided to give even little changes to the SF2 characters and SFV initial roster sure is more interesting than SFIV initial roster. Would have preferred more non-SF2 characters in the initial release though.

SF4 sure as hell didn't have too much Alpha characters when it was released. Saying that it was SF Alpha 4 sounds really idiotic.

Dremark

Banned
I am really happy that Capcom decided to give even little changes to the SF2 characters and SFV initial roster sure is more interesting than SFIV initial roster. Would have preferred more non-SF2 characters in the initial release though.

SF4 sure as hell didn't have too much Alpha characters when it was released. Saying that it was SF Alpha 4 sounds really idiotic.

Yeah I honestly had a hard time picking a character I wanted to play when SF4 came out. SF5 isn't my ideal roster, but I think it's pretty solid and I'm happy with it overall. Would have preferred less SF2 characters too but they were selected for reasons.

SF4 as SFA4 has the same logic as SF5 as SFA4, everyone other than newcomers were in Alpha 3.

Anyway can't wait for this game to come out, only a couple of months left.

Top Bottom