• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - Dhalsim Trailer

I-hate-u

Sim looks so good. Makes me really hyped to see what they do with the other classic characters when they bring them over.

Soulstar

Man the animations for Dhalsim are soooo nice. The animations in generals are really good but all the stretchy moves are great.

Was it the first SFIV World Cup that ended with a Dhalsim vs Sagat match? I remember thinking that on paper it should have been really boring, as it was basically just a half hour of Tiger Shot and Yoga Tower spam, but it was one of the most entertaining/memorable sets for me.

NahaNago

I can't really say i'm a fan of this dhalsim although i do like the fact that they changed him up a bit. My complaints are that in the first picture he looks like santa clause with the rosy cheeks when blowing that fire, i would prefer no turban, and instead a head full of hair from doing nothing but meditating like crazy.

Was it the first SFIV World Cup that ended with a Dhalsim vs Sagat match? I remember thinking that on paper it should have been really boring, as it was basically just a half hour of Tiger Shot and Yoga Tower spam, but it was one of the most entertaining/memorable sets for me.

The best SF4 set ever was Daigo vs Iyo.

Loakum

Banned
fcmVMfM.jpg

Some gameplay details from a guy who played him at PGW:

Wael3rd said:
Tested new Sim for 2 hours straight @Yoshi_OnoChin The redesign looks fresh, I wish we could special cancel his HP and HK with fireball.
Wael3rd said:
Some info on Sim : all 3 fb have a parabolic angle, can be used as anti air but have big start ups. You can Yoga Flame directly after. #sfv
Wael3rd said:
Couldn't cancel non command moves in specials.
B+mp is his anti air uppercut.
Standing HP hits low.
All low mk are slides. #SFV #SIM
Wael3rd said:
During vskill you can teleport. VERY good bait.
Vtrigger doesn't kill.
Cr mp = Necro's Cr mp.
J back lp can be a good aa.
#sfv #Sim
Wael3rd said:
His command attacks are only close attacks and look good, seems like they have a lot of active frames. Could be wrong.
Wael3rd said:
Drill is weird, count do it as soon as I jumped. Drill doesn't have a lot of blockstun .
Jump hp has a BIG hit. D.
#sfv #sim

Sh1ner

I am not really into fighting games but SFV PR campaign is making me want to pick it up. The art design is improved upon, the characters / levels look amazing and I am sure it will have solid mechanics as its street fighter.

myco666

Well they should have seen a long time ago that this game is all about Alpha characters, not III. Hope for DLC or SFVI in eight years. Ha ha.

Ha.

All about Alpha when over half of returning cast is from SF2? Atleast this is what I have a problem with. If I want to play with SF2 characters I can pick pretty much any SF game aside from SF3. Would have preferred few more characters from Alpha, 3rd Strike or IV but it seems that we will get few as DLC so it is not that big of a deal.

Never really liked Dhalsim but definetily will try him out. Interesting changes to his moves and really good redesign.

Tom_Cody

I always thought Dhalsim was just an Indian that they also made a headshrinker. His skulls have always been smaller than adult size. They only got larger in SF4.

likely a reminder of the starvation that plagues his home village

He's always had them. He entered the SF2 tournament to win money for his poor village.
I know they've always been there, they just seem more unsettling now to me in his current design.

Why is that exactly? I haven't played the beta myself so I don't really know why zoning isn't a viable tactic/playstyle anymore.
Anti-fireball tactics in this game are really strong. That said, it's not necessarily zoning, it's fireballs. Sims seems like he'll mostly zone with his normals, especially because of white health this time around, and he doesn't have to worry about focus attack.

Anti-fireball tactics in this game are really strong. That said, it's not necessarily zoning, it's fireballs. Sims seems like he'll mostly zone with his normals, especially because of white health this time around, and he doesn't have to worry about focus attack.

That's actually why his yoga fire is now parabolic, to bypass those antifireball moves. The only straight version is the EX one.

mbpm1

What the guy above me said

All about Alpha when over half of returning cast is from SF2? Atleast this is what I have a problem with. If I want to play with SF2 characters I can pick pretty much any SF game aside from SF3. Would have preferred few more characters from Alpha, 3rd Strike or IV but it seems that we will get few as DLC so it is not that big of a deal.

Never really liked Dhalsim but definetily will try him out. Interesting changes to his moves and really good redesign.
"All about Alpha", meaning returning characters that haven't been seen in a Street Fighter game since Alpha. That would be all the Alpha characters in SFV. Notice how there are zero SFIII characters in SFV?

This is why I say anyone who was hoping for Alex or any other SFIII characters have obviously not been paying attention to this game's pattern. Hope for DLC.

You're talking about the Japanese National Tournament between Iyo and RF. When I first started getting into SF4 I just wanted to see guys rush each other down. But this was one of the first matches that really opened up my eyes to different play styles and how players think during matches. Those were the good ol' days...unless you got hit by Vanilla Sagat's TU, FADC, High step kick, Ultra for two thirds of your health :\

Top Bottom