• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: New footage of Hot Ryu + Hair down Chun-Li & Cammy

sphinx

the piano man
Why would she speak Spanish if she's Brazilian?

because some people are very ignorant and don't do their research.

I still remember how they had mexicans as villagers in Resident evil 4, which took place in Spain... I mean, that's europe. Spanish spanish and mexican spanish are like two different worlds but capcom didn´t care.

Ezalc

because some people are very ignorant and don't do their research.

I still remember how they had mexicans as villagers in Resident evil 4, which took place in Spain... I mean, that's europe. Spanish spanish and mexican spanish are like two different worlds but capcom didn´t care.

I'll admit to not knowing the particular differences between the various vocabularies of Spanish speaking countries, but didn't the villagers only say things like mata-lo and cabron? I don't remember any of them speaking all that much spanish, then again I never finished the Castle segment.

sphinx

the piano man
I'll admit to not knowing the particular differences between the various vocabularies of Spanish speaking countries, but didn't the villagers only say things like mata-lo and cabron? I don't remember any of them speaking all that much spanish, then again I never finished the Castle segment.

the villagers dropping the policeman's body in the water before the del lago battle.

One says "Andale!",

noone ever says andale in spain, under any circumstances, that's purely mexican.

and everyone sounds fake,

the very first villager when he says "¿qué estas haciendo cabron?" and so on. it's just not spanish from spain. Even though they roll the tongue on the "c" letter.. that's not enough to pass for spanish.

I mean, it's fine and get's the job done but it's very clear

Spiegel

They have a few more lines in the game.
Spanish accent from Spain sounds nothing like the one from RE4.

Imagine a game where people from a small town in the south of the US were talking with a marked british accent and saying typical british expressions.

Mike Golf

Just watched the KOFXIV trailer and damn it looks bad in comparison to SFV. Even without directly comparing them the lack of shaders makes it stand out so much, and not in a good way. No way is Mai going to stand a chance in presentation to Chun or Cammy. Loving those legs and hometown on Chun but we need more of Cammy's buns...

Ovid

DisguisedFlippantBurro.gif

DarlingFarawayJavalina.gif
I'm sorry, Chun-Li looks ridiculous.

Small head, enormous boobs and ridiculously oversized legs.

She looks like a DoA character now...WTF!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love that "hot ryu" is now a thing

Skilletor

So basically how Chun has always looked?

But you don't play DoA much if you think any of the females have a body like hers. Her legs are much bigger and her breasts are much smaller.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you know how they say opinions cant be wrong, since they are subjective?

well that is a lie, and you are wrong

edit: also, yeah Chun Li totally didnt have thick thighs in the old days

SF3_Chun-Li.gif

nope

I wonder, are there any women in real life that have even close to the kind of proportions they put on chun li? Like those legs? Is it even possible?

Lol.

I'm an old school SF fan and hate seeing my favorite characters become hypersexualized just because.

esHw2X2.png

I'm just as old school if not more old school than you are. TBQH, it's the same Chun with more revealing outfits. Same giant, exaggerated thighs to emphasize the ability to do lightning leg kicks. Same chest size. Head doesn't look disproportionate at all.

We can agree to disagree about the alternate outfit here, but the rest is vintage Chun.

The extra hotness just comes from the costume, but that's the point.

Chun Li always had monster legs and she needs them to kick stuff. Some people luckily are into that.

Ploid 3.0

esHw2X2.png

I'm just as old school if not more old school than you are. TBQH, it's the same Chun with more revealing outfits. Same giant, exaggerated thighs to emphasize the ability to do lightning leg kicks. Same chest size. Head doesn't look disproportionate at all.

We can agree to disagree about the alternate outfit here, but the rest is vintage Chun.

Needs a breast reduction in that old pic. It'll help her in combat.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8cTmCKbH6Hw/maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, seeing this it's pretty clear why the new model looks so much better. The SFIV one had thick, rigid outlines due to the cel shaded look, but the SFV model seems like a full proper 3D model with proper contours and everything.

Supposed, all the villagers talk was spanish sounding gibberish, from what I've been told.

Okay, seeing this it's pretty clear why the new model looks so much better. The SFIV one had thick, rigid outlines due to the cel shaded look, but the SFV model seems like a full proper 3D model with proper contours and everything.

SFIV is like a lesson in how to make a game mechanically sound and give it constant updates and new characters/costumes, but have it looks like absolute garbage.

SFV really feels like a "We learned our lesson" and it actually looks fantastic, both still and even better in movement.

TheOGB

Banned
Bearded Ryu reminds me of Joseph Joestar from Stardust Crusaders.
OH FUCK, NO WONDER

yes I'm implying Old Joseph is hot, because he is

Surprised they went and nerfed Cammy's and Mika's lewdness but not Chun-Li's. I aint complainin' though, all of these costumes are great.
Chun-Li never really had any exploitative camera angles pointed her way; her assets are barely ever focused on, unlike the other two. Makes sense.

esHw2X2.png

Holy fuck, never noticed THAT frame lmao

Top Bottom