• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: New footage of Hot Ryu + Hair down Chun-Li & Cammy

Nightbird

That's Chun-Li?

tumblr_lqcektzwec1qzi5vqq3.gif

Street Fighter 5 is on point with all those costumes

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I know at least you saw that Nadine reveal thread and posted in it Scientist Supreme!

oof, i avoided that one...

i mean, i agree that a lot of American-based progressive websites tend to rally around racism against black people but i don't think it's quite that cynical an environment for racism against Chinese

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It may not matter much to some of us but for the industry it would be cool. Diversifying the voice acting pool in video games isn't bad, is it?

It would be good and cool but as a practical matter it's not just a switch you can flip. They want established voice talent. Is there a Chinese American Female voice actress who is big enough (in video games) for Street Fighter but not so big that it's beneath her?

It may not matter much to some of us but for the industry it would be cool. Diversifying the voice acting pool in video games isn't bad, is it?

Im all for grabbing people off the street and letting them do voice overs. You don't need Oscar winners for this. Just say Hadouken and Karin correctly and your fine.

Oh for the love of god, Capcom.

What the hell are you doing with these designs?!

I should be wanting to beat the game over and over and not fight the urge to beat myself instead!

The HOT! Package
Y2xa0FB.jpg

fuck me, this looks like the beginning of a network television romcom
4tCIK.gif

What the....

....I didn't know I wanted something like this until now. Ryu and Chun are looking way to pretty in this game. Oh, the many many doujins this game will create....

It would be good and cool but as a practical matter it's not just a switch you can flip. They want established voice talent. Is there a Chinese American Female voice actress who is big enough for Street Fighter but not so big that it's beneath her?
Probably but does she need to be "big"? That's kind of of why Laura bailey was picked.
The fact that we don't know may show why its a problem.

mStudios

If you wanan talk about ND's Nadie and voice acting, there's another thread for you.

This thread is for Chun-li's legs.

I'm in a love/hate relationship with the super K.O. screen flash.

srKuczY.png

I can kind of dig what they were going for with the entire screen warping inwards on the K.O.'d character, but ultimately you've got a smeared still frame from the moment the HP bar hit zero just getting pinched and stretched. Not pretty in the least.

Plus the glitchy handling of the water feature in this stage just adds to the ugly.

Capcom fix this pls.

Yeah, I did. I don't really get what your trying to say in that comment besides being upset that we talked about that.
I wasn't upset that it was being talked about. I was upset that people used ND of all AAA devs to latch on to talk about it, and that for whatever reason the conversation just couldn't of been about the character's role in the story or the quality of the animation etc. It literally ended up being about race b/c she was a black woman being voiced by a white woman.

I mean, the difference in reaction in this thread vs. that one is startling to say the least, despite the that it's the same woman voicing both :/

If you wanan talk about ND's Nadie and voice acting, there's another thread for you.

This thread is for Chun-li's legs.
Been there, done that. Just thought it was an interesting observation is all.

oof, i avoided that one...

i mean, i agree that a lot of American-based progressive websites tend to rally around racism against black people but i don't think it's quite that cynical an environment for racism against Chinese
True, but there's many reasons for that, mostly economic. Also I'd figure there's the same problem with lack of Asian-American VA's getting prominent spots in the AAA game industry, to the point where on the surface it's similar to the African-American situation, but I didn't see this thread get hijacked into a discussion outside of what the original purpose of it was...

...Until I said what I said, admittedly. But it had to be said. Y'all can get back on topic if you want.

I wasn't upset that it was being talked about. I was upset that people used ND of all AAA devs to latch on to talk about it, and that for whatever reason the conversation just couldn't of been about the character's role in the story or the quality of the animation etc. It literally ended up being about race b/c she was a black woman being voiced by a white woman.

I mean, the difference in reaction in this thread vs. that one is startling to say the least, despite the that it's the same woman voicing both :/

But it started with people just expressing their disappointment and only became about that when people responded with question or not like it brought up. Also that's kinda of a huge problem with a lot of media.

LuuKyK

The HOT! Package
Y2xa0FB.jpg

fuck me, this looks like the beginning of a network television romcom
4tCIK.gif

I can't be the only one that thinks that Ryu has a very weird face in this cover. It almost seems like a... duckface. The problem is definitely in his mouth.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Chun Li's thighs get most of the attention (for good reason) but there is sadly very little appreciation for dem calves.

Gonzalez

Banned
I can't be the only one that thinks that Ryu has a very weird face in this cover. It almost seems like a... duckface. The problem is definitely in his mouth.
They both do. They look like they came from a Dutch children's book that had two characters on the cover that have "Fuck me" written on there face.

RM8

Dear lord. Baird down Chun Li

I was just gonna rent this game, but I might buy it now.

What if Capcom "censors" it lol
It's just as revealing as her almost identical costume in SF4, and it's not really more revealing than Mika's default, lol.

mollipen

Not really. But it would be cool to have a Chinese actress play her.

I've long wished they would have characters speaking their native tongue in the series. I asked Ono about that before, and we talked a bit about a language pack DLC, but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.

I've long wished they would have characters speaking their native tongue in the series. I asked Ono about that before, and we talked a bit about a language pack DLC, but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.
Ono ain't Harada.
I know this guy. Is he still posting new art? I haven't seen him post anything on Deviantart in a minute. Brotha need to come back.
He still posts new stuff on his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/actionhankbeard/?hl=en

KaYotiX

Banned
Hell yeah Chun looking good!!

Main since SF 2 :)

Really hope we get alot of DLC chars and costumes, plan on playing SF V ALOT!

Top Bottom