• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Offers Sneak Peek and Free Week to PC Players

FelipeMGM

PR

Today, Capcom announced that it will be offering PC players a free glimpse into several new features and enhancements coming to Street Fighter V's Capcom Fighters Network (CFN) online experience. Beginning on March 28th at 1pm PST / 9pm GMT and running to April 3rd at 12pm PST / 8pm GMT, current and new Street Fighter V players will be able to experience the improved CFN system and test out the new Season 2 balance adjustments for free.

This trial offer will be limited to Steam users and will only feature online modes, but will be completely free to play for both current and new players. All available characters, including the recently-released Kolin, will be unlocked for play. Once the test is concluded, Capcom will make further adjustments to optimize the new CFN and it will make its official release to both PS4 and PC players soon after.

Here is a list of improvements and new features coming to the new CFN:

Matchmaking Improvements
For most players, it will take less time to find an opponent in online matches. Matchmaking logic will help players avoid being frequently matched with the same opponent.

Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times
There will be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual match.

Interactive Timeline
On the new CFN home menu, a live feed of Friends' activities will be presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, players can immediately add a recent match to their Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.

Friend Management System
In addition to adding someone to Favorites, players can now blacklist players or add friends and follow them on CFN.

”Rage Quit" Penalty System
Special ”rage quit" player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.

Training Mode – User Settings Saved
Training Mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.

Battle Lounge Country Flags
Country flags will appear in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.

Country / League Based Rankings
Players will be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.

In-Game Announcer Voice
The in-game announcer will provide players and opponents with stats using data pulled from the server.

Fighter Profile Stats
More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on Fighter Profiles.

jediyoshi

“Rage Quit” Penalty System
Special “rage quit” player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.​

So they're deliberately not touching players' rankings at this point, right?

Country flags should now properly load in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.

Training Mode settings are now saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.

Took a goddamn year to fix that lmao, Capcom man i swear...

Still no keyboard rebinds? I have a keyboard warrior friend that refuses to try it until they implement that (very basic) feature. And no he doesn't want to hear about auto-hotkey

FluxWaveZ

”Rage Quit" Penalty System
Special ”rage quit" player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.​

What do you mean? If you disconnect right now, you lose a significant amount of points.

Rage quits have become rare now because of this.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
“Rage Quit” Penalty System
Special “rage quit” player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.​

man, still working to address RQs a year after launch... didn't MKX have quitalities or whatever on day 1?

Tan

Training Mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.

Country flags will appear in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.

Country / League Based Rankings
Players will be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.

giphy.gif

Wallach

Sweet. But seriously the whole "thumbs up" situation... I hope they fix it someday. So dumb.

At least our training settings will stop getting reset.

Skilletor

man, still working to address RQs a year after launch... didn't MKX have quitalities or whatever on day 1?

They addressed RQs awhile ago with LP loss. Rarely see them now. This just fixes the icon thing they fucked up with back in December.

Neoxon

Sweet. But seriously the whole "thumbs up" situation... I hope they fix it someday. So dumb.

These are mainly fixes for the online as well as the balancing that Capcom wants to test. Giving Player 2 the option for Character Select kind of change would only apply to Versus Mode.

HardRojo

If, and that's a big if, it all works as it is supposed to then this might be the update that brings me completely back to the game. I might try the PC beta to see how well the game runs on my laptop.

Training mode settings being saved. Finally.

Xvhlmjm.gif

Yep, for a tournament oriented game you'd think that would've been a no brainer at launch, but here we are a year after the game launched. The thumbs up have become a staple of SFV at this point lol, it'd probably be wierd not to see them at tournaments.

Interested to see how much faster the "transitions" are, and what they mean when they say "transitions." That post-match stat shit is super annoying.

Interested to see how much faster the "transitions" are, and what they mean when they say "transitions." That post-match stat shit is super annoying.

They're talking specifically about the long loading time that occurs when you first enter a match against an opponent online. This will actually also affect local versus when you're playing online, as the game is still doing a slight server check in that scenario.

Funny thing about the transitions between games is I only notice them and am eager for them to move along after a loss.

which is a lot but still...

myco666

I assume they mean the pre-match transition. You are definitely going to watch those numbers go up and down after every match always.

galvenize

As a EU player, this is megaton.

Arkeband

Banned
Matchmaking Improvements
For most players, it will take less time to find an opponent in online matches. Matchmaking logic will help players avoid being frequently matched with the same opponent.

Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times
There will be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual match.

MEGATONS

I assume these will also affect the PS4 version since it's all the same network.

Right, thanks.

I need to get back into the game to be honest. I stopped playing frequently after Guile released, then had a try of the season 1 characters when Urien released, and Akuma when he came out over Christmas.

I could never decide on a main. I liked Mika, but I didn't like that they removed her wall bounce stuff, I usually play Gief but I missed his banishing flat, Akuma and Ibuki seemed a lot more complicated than they usually are, and Guile seemed strangely combo/execution heavy. Chun, Ryu and F.A.N.G were probably the ones I liked most, but I wasn't that good with them, although my main problem with Chun was that I couldn't do the instant air legs reliably.

Neoxon

Actually, this is also a great way for us to get used to the balance changes before the patch goes live. This way, Capcom can fix anything that's problematic ASAP before it impacts the CPT.

Top Bottom