• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
some bad news... scanning the shop files on PC shows that only colours 11-15 are purchasable lol

good news... every character has 2 purchasable costumes in the shop, including Cammy, Bison etc, so pre-order costumes are likely to be purchasable!

Edgeward

They didn't fix any of the option select things? I thought they said something to that effect in the patch notes.

That's not really a balance change, it's more a fix to go along with their vision of taking out OSes.

Balance changes would be character specific like making Biride's cr mp less godlike.

some bad news... scanning the shop files on PC shows that only colours 11-15 are purchasable lol

good news... every character has 2 purchasable costumes in the shop, including Cammy, Bison etc, so pre-order costumes are likely to be purchasable!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....damn you Hard survival!

Why is it that every time right when I'm about to finally rank up to bronze, I get paired with a bunch of people in a row who are way better than me? It's like the game has it out for me.

Mediking

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIIMME MY COLORS!

jediyoshi

No and there won't be for a long ass time.

Don't expect them to touch the balance of this game in 2016.

Are these balance changes? I'm not sure.

Vega:
If you hit V-Trigger Bloody Kiss (anti-air) in certain situations, Vega will no longer continue to rise off the top of the screen.
M. Bison:
If M. Bison is interrupted by an opponent’s V-Trigger or Critical Art during his invisible frames of Double Knee Press in V-Trigger mode, M. Bison will no longer remain invisible until his next move.
Rashid:
Rashid will no longer float in the air for a moment if you perform his V-Trigger after he touches the ground upon a missed Eagle Spike.
Chun-Li:
During V-Trigger activation, the hit stop and block stop has been made the same for multi-hitting moves (medium or heavy attacks for both normal and special moves).
She was previously able to perform option selects involving standing HP into Houyokusen, so this has been removed.
Vertical and Back Jump Frames:
All characters except Birdie and Zangief: Vertical jump and back jump frames have changed from 3f->4f.
Birdie: Vertical jump and back jump frames have changed from 4f->5f.
Zangief: No changes to jump frames.
These changes reduce the effectiveness of throw tech option selects involving jumping (also known as “jump grab”). Changing forward jump frames would affect the game balance too much so those remain unchanged.

Some of the trials are really easy, while other are not practical at all... makes me a little sad

You mean chun li hitting s.lp into lightning legs after s.mp isnt viable?

lol the trials really are a joke, only thing i learned was necalli j.mp juggles, had no idea lol

Moaradin

Thank fuck you can just use a trainer on pc and afk your way to unlocking the colors. Because I am not doing hard ever again.

KingBroly

Banned
So...the Demonstration stuff is fucking terrible. No interaction. Just video playback.

AND

you get FM and EXP for it.

I just...wow, man.

SephLuis

Anyone got this for dealing with Cammy ? I see her rarely and everytime I get my ass handed.

Her shoryuken motion is invincible ?

What else is completely safe ? Her dive kicks ?

Durden77

These demonstrations are actually pretty damn good for teaching people the game. They should be interactive a little though, but they have a lot of info to go through.

joe2187

Banned
Anyone got this for dealing with Cammy ? I see her rarely and everytime I get my ass handed.

Her shoryuken motion is invincible ?

What else is completely safe ? Her dive kicks ?

Her DP is invincible so watch out for wakeup DPs. If you go for a meaty she'll go for a DP everytime. same goes for fireballs.

Her EX and V trigger spiral arrow is projectile invincible, so if you throw a fireball from long range expect to get hit. EX cannon slicer is also projectile invincible so watch out for that as well.

Her normal dive kicks (cannon strikes) are heavily nerfed in this game, so you can pretty much AA or hit them out of it if you time it right. Easily punishible with EX legs or EX bird.

You can grab her out of her spin knuckle and blocked knee bullets.

She doesnt have an overhead, so keep blocking down back and catch the jump ins and you'll have her beat.

I was like "wtf is that" and had to do the demonstration each time.

Is Karin's premium costume just her Alpha one? With the shorts instead of the leggings?

Do a "Kanzuki-Ryu Hadorokushiki Hasha No Kata" oh you mean Critical Art

I'm really fucking bad at her's. I beat Laura's without much issue and not having much experience with her but Karin's are way harder for me.

Alot of Karin's stuff is harder to hit in the corner try to do everything in the center. You also have forever to hit confirm so just make sure your first hit connects before you go on to the next move.

Quesa

These lobbies are a huge bummer.

Anyone tried the new Battle Lounges yet? Are they working fine?

Seem to work fine. Tested them a bit for streaming purposes and you can even spectate midmatch somehow? It fast-forwards all the way to moment, though, so by the time you catch up the match might be over.

Anbec7

You mean chun li hitting s.lp into lightning legs after s.mp isnt viable?

lol the trials really are a joke, only thing i learned was necalli j.mp juggles, had no idea lol

I haven´t gotten to Chun but I just did the right line and most of them.. aren't they basically the basics? with a few twists or not...

Cammy's last one is swag for reason

Oddly enough I agree

idk maybe I expected something like.. SG tutorial and Challenges..

Boy I hope 11-15 for Laura's new costume are good.

Sigmaah

Currently uploading a premium costume showcase vid... know others have already done it but y'know, 1080/60, white background, no music or subs :p

U dat nigga Garrett. Thanks for the hype.

Are u able to see what colors 11-15 are for characters?

Who tryna play some matches? I wanna practice necalli, I play vega tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom