• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
fellow stick users: any tips on a consistent execution for Ryus mp into cHP into DP into CA? What is your motion? I'm having trouble getting the CA to come out consistently as Player 1.

Sayad

Guess I'll post this here too, ran into some booster last night who just stood there and didn't move for the whole game, ran into him 3 times, which was annoying(was about to sleep and really wanted one last good game). Checked his profile and he have been doing this for some time, even started running into another booster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ns4UjPolg

Capcom better do something about this.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any tips for Birdie's second trial (j.MK->s.MP->Bull Horn)? I keep holding the MK button till the s.MP hits, then release it for the Bullhorn but it never connects as a full combo

Any tips for Birdie's second trial (j.MK->s.MP->Bull Horn)? I keep holding the MK button till the s.MP hits, then release it for the Bullhorn but it never connects as a full combo
I had better luck holding a different button. Start the trial by throwing it some random normal, like lk, and hold that. Then do the trial.

Steroyd

Hold something unrelated to the combo like a lk or hp, that trial drove me mad that I just tanked through it and kept doing J.mk --> s.mp till the law of probability happened.

Sayad

Just a friendly reminder that the recent patch made a lot of safejump setups no longer safe.
If you were using setups that used neutral jumps the additional prejump frame turns your 4 frame safejump into a 5 frame safejump which means that you may need to find new 4 frame safejump setups. Setups from before the patch that used forward jumps should still be fine though.
I get why they increased pre-jump frames, but man the input delay is already huge in this game, increasing pre-jump animation would only make it more noticeable while trying to jump.

Any words/test on if this patch decreased input delay?

Shito

another 6-7 hour maintenance or is it shorter this time?

They didn't say for how long. It's probable they don't know themselves exactly how long it might take so they don't want to give any hard estimates.
Hmmm, they are 2 hours early from what they announced yesterday in the game...

UKKroRk.jpg

I take it this means it'll be a 6 hours maintenance instead of just a 4 hours one... ^^

ViviOggi

Guess I'll post this here too, ran into some booster last night who just stood there and didn't move for the whole game, ran into him 3 times, which was annoying(was about to sleep and really wanted one last good game). Checked his profile and he have been doing this for some time, even started running into another booster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ns4UjPolg

Capcom better do something about this.
What are these people boosting, the shitty 50 FM? Not even worth the GPU wear

Pompadour

That looks like a photoshop and not a 3d render. Do that with the in-game models and texture to see how it turns out fam!

Garret needs to drop out of his classes and spend his time selling/creating mods - PREMIUM GAFCOSTUMES starting at $3.99 !

Right, we would need to see that Ken from a few different angles to see if he held up.

Ken's face is pretty atrocious in SFV but he doesn't *always* look that bad in-game. He often looks much better in his own match intro for whatever reason. I just don't know why the angle for his character select makes him look that terrible.

Regardless, I think if they decreased the size of his eyes a bit he would automatically look much better.

Right, we would need to see that Ken from a few different angles to see if he held up.

Regardless, I think if they decreased the size of his eyes a bit he would automatically look much better.

Yeah the photoshop thing looks great, don't get me wrong. I just want to see it using UE4 to see how minimal the hair can be and still look great. Alex and Ken's hair currently is lackluster :\

It's 4 hours, they're starting earlier.

Nice!

KingBroly

Banned
Some of these Trials I just don't get.

Nash's 6th trial is like...when do I hit things?

Nash seems like he has really tight links despite how easy Infiltration makes it look.

RS4-

fellow stick users: any tips on a consistent execution for Ryus mp into cHP into DP into CA? What is your motion? I'm having trouble getting the CA to come out consistently as Player 1.

For me it's weird. In V, if I c.hp, dp supercancel from d/df position, the majority of the time I'll get the super. No dp.
Now, if I c.hp from db, it's fine.

In 3s and 4, I don't have that problem.

Too bad the maintenance is too long. Was hoping to be using Alex all day starting...now. Or at least after I finish that damn Karin trial.

galvenize

So who's next guys? Guile?
Please be Juri.

You know what's funny is that I totally trust Capcom to NOT ruin female characters. Cammy, Chun-Li, Mika and Karin are all amazing looking. Can't wait for Juri.

Guile seems likely. The first three DLC characters will likely be playable in story mode so I'm thinking Guile and maybe Balrog/Juri might be the next two. Just a theory though.

I'm hoping they're alternating male/female releases. So basically Juri or Ibuki will do it.

Mupod

I have never once in my life wanted to play Guile but I'm oddly curious about his SF5 incarnation. The changes they made to Bison were enough for me and I do love charge characters, so we'll see. Regardless Alex would have to be total butt for me not to play him so I'm all in there.

Owensboro

Some of these Trials I just don't get.

Nash's 6th trial is like...when do I hit things?

Nash seems like he has really tight links despite how easy Infiltration makes it look.

Man, I had the hardest time mentally coming to grips when when I could hit buttons after Nash's teleport. I kept thinking I had to wait for the animation to finish before trying to hit the button. Definitely gives me some new respect for people that play Nash (still hate em!).

Shito

Yeah, we were able to play at work this whole hour without being disconnected: I'm going to assume the twitter account is wrong and the maintenance is 6am to 10am as previously announced. ^^

jeemer

I take it we still have no way to know what costumes will definitely be available for purchase with Fight Money until the patch goes live?

My thirst for Rashid's genie costume is real. I just wish it had genie slippers.

Scotia

Banned
I take it we still have no way to know what costumes will definitely be available for purchase with Fight Money until the patch goes live?

My thirst for Rashid's genie costume is real. I just wish it had genie slippers.

Although it's looking likely all the costumes Garrett found are Zenny only, there's no real way of knowing for sure until the shop opens.

Hex

Banned

No lie, that Sinbad gear is making me want to play Rashid something fierce.

Tirael

I have never once in my life wanted to play Guile but I'm oddly curious about his SF5 incarnation. The changes they made to Bison were enough for me and I do love charge characters, so we'll see. Regardless Alex would have to be total butt for me not to play him so I'm all in there.

That is a very good point. Guile has been mostly the same forever, it would be very strange if they changed him significantly. Sonic Boom and Flash Kick have to be in, but who knows what else they might do. His V-Skill and V-Trigger are still unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom