• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobu

attn capcom

https://twitter.com/_Radugue/status/715068587908677632
CexvFyTW8AA433v.jpg

Now this right here looks bad. They gave Ken a pretty common haircut for his alt and for some reason everyone is pretending the shit looks terrible.

Sadly yeah. I wonder if it worked out for them in the end, Assassin's Fist did so well on YouTube, I wonder why they decided to go this route with Resurrection.

Yeah, SFAF even got a blu ray release. Weird that they gated it off in such a way. Maybe Go90 paid them some attractive royalties to keep it exclusive.

I just saw the actress they got for Laura and I really want to watch it lol

Yeah, SFAF even got a blu ray release. Weird that they gated it off in such a way. Maybe Go90 paid them some attractive royalties to keep it exclusive.

I just saw the actress they got for Laura and I really want to watch it lol
Oh yes, most likely Go90 paid them some attractive royalties. Either that or they helped fund the show in return for exclusivity.

I waited for the Blu-ray release for Assassin's Fist and I just loved it. It was cheesy, hammy, predictable and filled with love.

Hope Resurrection follows that same pattern tbh.

Durden77

I can't decide if I should get Nash's story alt. I mean it's awesome, but I feel weird using living Nash when he's still gonna act all dead and merciless.

But he is my main and I have over 400,000 FM and the season pass, so fuck it.

BiggNife

Yeah this is almost exactly the same as Garrett's lmao

I hope this isn't the trend for every DLC character going forward but knowing Capcom it totally will be

So long as they keep dropping info a few weeks before on the DLC characters, and Hawke puts in that work (even though he shouldn't have to!), I'm not fussed.

The only thing that Capcom could have done to make this trailer better than Garrett's was to tease the character planned for April. But they didn't and it's not better.

EDIT: Btw, the best music in a reveal trailer was for Laura IMO.

No, they planned it all along.
People are just impatient and ignorant and can not handle waiting very well.

Yes.

Also are people really saying it's similar to garret's? This trailer follows the exact same format as any of the other character reveal trailers.

RS4-

Ryuichi 'Woshige' Shigeno had been waiting for more than a decade to fight Ken-ichi 'Ogawazato' Ogawa on a tournament stage when he heard that he'd drawn, as he puts it today, the "match of his dreams." When he was 13-years-old, Shigeno played in his first Japanese national video game competition. Since then, he'd risen to become one of the world's top-ranked players of Guilty Gear, Arc System Works' hyperactive, heavy metal-spruced fighting game series. This was to be, nevertheless, a challenging match-up. Ogawa, a part-time chef from Tokyo, is the world number one. As each player sat down to fight for a spot in the finals at EVO 2015, the largest fighting game tournament in the world, held that year at a Paris-themed hotel, complete with miniature Eiffel Tower, in glittering Las Vegas, more than a hundred thousand people logged on to watch the fight.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-30-the-tester-who-changed-street-fighter

good read

Shito

No, they planned it all along.
People are just impatient and ignorant and can not handle waiting very well.
Right, we're defending Capcom because we're not bitching about a trailer released for a character on the day of his release. Gotcha!
It's really hard defending them on this point, really.
They chose not to show this trailer during the two times when they had +90k people watching their pro tour event, and decided it would be better to wait for people to hack him out of the patch and spoil it all 2 days before, making their trailer absolutely useless.
It's a waste of time and resources, and I hope people who took this decision (probably all the way up at Capcom Japan) feel dumb enough today to not reiterate this mistake next month.

pixelish

Yes.

Also are people really saying it's similar to garret's? This trailer follows the exact same format as any of the other character reveal trailers.

yeah, the cut was a standard cut for all character reveal trailers.

a lot of people here are just saying that because the fanmade trailer was made by a gaffer (not saying garrett's trailer was bad, btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom