• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

myco666

UMOgBzb.jpg

FINALLY! Easily the hardest and grindiest platinum I have ever gotten.

Haha i knew it, something was fishy!

Thanks, if you want to play a few sets just send me a message whenever you can.

Sure. Gotta do some work for tomorrow now though. If you are playing in the evening I am probably able to play couple of matches.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did you actually beat survival on extreme? That's the one that I will never get. 1 million FM will happen eventually.

myco666

Did you actually beat survival on extreme? That's the one that I will never get. 1 million FM will happen eventually.

Yeah. Constant crossups and hit confirming it into knockdown with unhealthy amount of DP mashing is the best way to beat it in my opinion. Had to try it 3-4 times before getting through it.

Farewell

FINALLY! Easily the hardest and grindiest platinum I have ever gotten.

Sure. Gotta do some work for tomorrow now though. If you are playing in the evening I am probably able to play couple of matches.

Congrats! Also much respect for beating hell mode.

Yes sure, there is no rush, i'm also online in the evening.

Sayad

I was having a fun FT3 in battle lounge against FGC_NYsFinest and he's up 2 to 1. In the 3rd round we're both low health and I get lucky and jump over his raw shinku hadoken and win. Then he doesn't rematch and kicks me out of the lounge. It was a good set and he probably would have won in the end. Why be such a bitch about it?
If you search his name in YT the first three results are him RQing, lol.

myco666

Went from almost sliver to fucking bronze. My execution on the stick is ass and I'm considering going back to the goddamn pad.

How recently did you start using stick? It really takes time to get familiar with one if you haven't used them earlier. Just go to training and grind those combos.

Fn smug is crazy! I would like a rematch against him, his Dudley used to body me!

I would like a shot at all those players that I never get I had a chance against in 4.

Dr. Chaos
PR Smug
Porkloafking

See me now I can probably take a round!!! Lol

I feel ya. I fought PRBalrog online and nearly took a match.

I wish I would've did better in my pools at Evo, as I could've fought LPN, as he was in my pool (and of course he pooled out).

I had the chance to fight Mike Ross, GooTechs and Smug at the lil bar afterparty during 2nd night of Evo, but I didn't bring my damn controller with me. Took a photo with Ross and Gootechs. Ross dug my jacket, lol.

Shadoken

I still have no idea how to handle the Nash match up.

What exactly are his weaknesses?

They key thing against is learning the right range to jump. There is an AA deadzone where none of his normal AAs will work. At this range most of his pokes also end up being very negative , since his walk speed is ass. He will have to backdash to reposition himself. Walking him to the corner is very effective. He has no invincible reversal and no 3f normal so once you are on him to stay on him. And learn how to beat his v reversal , some characters like Mika,Urien can punish it.

When he is pressuring you , walking back is actually quite effective. His walkspeed is super ass so he cant walk up Cr.LK.

Dont stick out buttons when he spaces his Sonic Scythe or Pokes , he is fishing for a nasty counter poke.

I can say with much certainty that, vs Nash, Urien is better than Chun.
Also, Urien beats Sim pretty bad.
Urien vs Fang is bad though.

Wait wut? I think you got it backward. Chun beats Nash and Nash beats Urien quite convincingly.

myco666

Why switch in the first place? SFV is very pad friendly!

I remember my thumbs getting really sore after playing even 30minutes of SF4. Then again I probably mashed like crazy back then but still. With stick I can just keep playing for hours and honestly it feels more comfortable to use in general. I also think charge characters are way easier to use on stick than on pad but then again we have Du and Broly.

GGs Farewell. Was really fun and you definitely showed me that I need way more practice with Birdie lol.

Farewell

I remember my thumbs getting really sore after playing even 30minutes of SF4. Then again I probably mashed like crazy back then but still. With stick I can just keep playing for hours and honestly it feels more comfortable to use in general. I also think charge characters are way easier to use on stick than on pad but then again we have Du and Broly.

GGs Farewell. Was really fun and you definitely showed me that I need way more practice with Birdie lol.

GG! That was so fun, thanks a lot, really needed a break from matchmaking and this helped alot!

I feel ya. I fought PRBalrog online and nearly took a match.

I wish I would've did better in my pools at Evo, as I could've fought LPN, as he was in my pool (and of course he pooled out).

I had the chance to fight Mike Ross, GooTechs and Smug at the lil bar afterparty during 2nd night of Evo, but I didn't bring my damn controller with me. Took a photo with Ross and Gootechs. Ross dug my jacket, lol.
thats dope man...hope I get a chance to play them some day. I think I can whoop gootechs lol

I still wanna play you again (and eventually beat your ass, lol). I'm still in awe that you surpassed me, as back in HD Turbo, you was like seemingly just figuring SF out at first, lol.
Hahahahaha yo it was crazy I thought me and my cuz were so good back in the day because we could beat our circle of friends consistently.

Then I played online for the first time and was like "tick throw"? Meaty? What the fook is that? Why is everyone getting perfects on me?! What the heck is a footsie?

Good times lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hahahahaha yo it was crazy I thought me and my cuz were so good back in the day because we could beat our circle of friends consistently.

Ha! I got this lesson too when SF4 first dropped and first time I went online I played Haunts of all people. "Everything I knew is a lie"

Ggs bro! I can never predict dps. Can't wait till akuma comes out so I can join the club!
Ggs man...nice vega, yeah I try not to rely on it too much that way when I let DP rip it has a higher chance of hitting.

I'm eagerly awaiting what they are gonna do with akuma too

Sigmaah

Ggs man...nice vega, yeah I try not to rely on it too much that way when I let DP rip it has a higher chance of hitting.

I'm eagerly awaiting what they are gonna do with akuma too

Thanks man, ur ken pressure is OD, wish I had a get off me tool so I can fight back when I make one mistake

Parham

Banned
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is the first day of the Capcom Cup free? Trying to wrap my head around the ticket situation for Capcom Cup, if I'm not interested in attending PSX.

Three of the top 4 at Canada Cup were pad players. JUST SAYING

I have no qualms against using a pad but I wanted to try doing a stick this year when I started SFV. Some days are better than others :(

Why switch in the first place? SFV is very pad friendly!

Long ago, I had a stick I used for SF4. I didn't play seriously so it probably didn't matter, but I wanted to return to using that instead of a pad. Six or seven months later and I'm still struggling.

How recently did you start using stick? It really takes time to get familiar with one if you haven't used them earlier. Just go to training and grind those combos.

I do need to grind more often. I switch from stick to pad while playing other games so that probably doesn't help. My biggest problem is landing anything longer in the trials section of the combos. Like my hands get confused and start panicking.

Parham

Banned
Long ago, I had a stick I used for SF4. I didn't play seriously so it probably didn't matter, but I wanted to return to using that instead of a pad. Six or seven months later and I'm still struggling.

Are you more comfortable with a stick or pad? I don't see anything wrong with playing on a pad, if that suits you better.

Are you more comfortable with a stick or pad? I don't see anything wrong with playing on a pad, if that suits you better.

Yeah, I might go back to pad since it was fine before. I play a lot of other games, so it's a mixture of me need more practice with it in general and using the pad too much.

Moaradin

FANG seems super hard to deal with as Urien. Never been great against zoning characters, but this one seems especially rough.

On the plus side, Dhalsim seems pretty easy to deal with, and I usually hate fighting that character.

Crayon

My brooks board got bricked on an update. :/ I didn't even get to use it properly. I had it all installed and everything and it worked great. i emailed them and the paradise whatever place. Nothing.

Anyhow it's not a big deal because I have not been able to play much at all. Last week's ridiculous thread prompted me to put the game in and I decided to just play with a pad. Uhg maybe one of the fighting pads would help, as I much prefer disc style dpads.. I have enjoyed those style of controllers in the past.

Top Bottom