• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So I had this happen two times now. Someone ragequits on me and then the game freezes on the character loading screen for some reason. And this is such a weird state that I can't even switch to the task manager to kill it. I can open it, but can't get anything to display but this frozen character loading screen. I have to actually log off to get rid of it. What a weird thing...

(On Windows 10)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they are pretty funny together. Wasn't the word back in the day that Kuroda was basically a Street Fighter hermit that only appears a few times a year because he's so shy or something like that?

daakusedo

I found some time to finish the ranked mission, I thought it was tomorrow included, glad I checked.
It was bad today, got a match that got unplayable, freezing and all, except for the other guy apparently, cause he wanted a rematch instantly, don't know if I'm missing something here.
And the last opponent to give me the mission was just Lk'ing... and he wanted to rematch too. Whatever.

Mr. X

Yeah, they are pretty funny together. Wasn't the word back in the day that Kuroda was basically a Street Fighter hermit that only appears a few times a year because he's so shy or something like that?

Until recently, I remember interviews where he was struggling to keep/find a job and was super poor.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone WC up for some matches? ID: morisv

GGs! I can't remember if it was like this the last time we fought, but it was unfortunately a bit laggy. At least there was no rollback madness going on on my side. All the same, nice matches. Ibuki's EX dagger as she jumps always stuffs AAs I'm planning out, I have to look at her meter more carefully than many other characters.

Morris

Disco Devil
GGs! I can't remember if it was like this the last time we fought, but it was unfortunately a bit laggy. At least there was no rollback madness going on on my side. All the same, nice matches. Ibuki's EX dagger as she jumps always stuffs AAs I'm planning out, I have to look at her meter more carefully than many other characters.

GGs as always Flux. I don't know what our fleeting connection is all about since I sometimes have 5 bars and perfect connection with you but this time we were 4 and I made sure there wasn't anything going on in the background, weird. Was still playable though.

And yeah, Ibuki's best bet at starting an offense is air ex kunai, you should always be looking out for it when I have meter because otherwise she's not getting in on Guile, I've played a few really good Guile mains and getting over lp boom zoning is insanely hard, you should work on implementing that in this matchup.

Skab

Man I just can't figure what you're supposed to do sometimes.

Just played a Laura where if I tried hitting a button, I'd get stuffed. If I didn't hit buttons, I got command grabs.

I just don't understand how to deal with pressure.

Moaradin

lol now 4 of my arcade stick buttons are malfunctioning. I'm lucky I didn't decide to play ranked today. I really hope I just got a bad batch of buttons because 4 of them going bad after a few months is pretty crappy.

Skab

It seems we were disconnected, Skab. GGs.

Oh gotcha. Kind of good to know it wasn't the game itself; disconnects like that are not uncommon when I play randoms.

Yeah sorry man. Happened to me a couple hours ago, too. Don't know what the deal is.

I sorta felt like I was making a little progress figuring out guile though? Or maybe you were just toying with me ;(

Everyone seems so....fast compared to bison. Or maybe it's just my old man reactions.

FluxWaveZ

I sorta felt like I was making a little progress figuring out guile though? Or maybe you were just toying with me ;(

Everyone seems so....fast compared to bison. Or maybe it's just my old man reactions.

Ha, I assure you, my Day 1 Guile isn't at a level to be toying with anyone right now.

But they say Bison is one of the worst characters in the game for a reason. Have to be on point to do well with him, and he doesn't have great ground mobility.

Tripon

I hope they start selling the new hayabusa buttons separately. They are pretty nice and way more sturdy than sanwas, in my experience.
Hori does, it's just out of stock. For whatever reason , focus attack seems to be the only website you can get them from.

Skab

Ha, I assure you, my Day 1 Guile isn't at a level to be toying with anyone right now.

But they say Bison is one of the worst characters in the game for a reason. Have to be on point to do well with him, and he doesn't have great ground mobility.

If that was your day 1 Guile then I have such a long way to go :[

Moaradin

Your day 1 Guile is already giving me a hard time. I hate that match so much. Probably have less than a 10% win rate against Guile.

FluxWaveZ

Your day 1 Guile is already giving me a hard time. I hate that match so much. Probably have less than a 10% win rate against Guile.

You were doing way better when you went real aggressive in the following two matches.

Since I never play characters with fireballs in fighting games, it's a new thing for me to learn when I can and when I can't throw one. Still trying to determine this.

I tried out Dhalsim for a bit earlier today when I wanted to decide which zoning character I wanted to finally try out. He really does play differently from every other character in the roster; he's very unique. I feel that one's aptitude with another character won't necessarily transfer well to him compared to anyone else.

Anyone up for games? Cfn 765production

I can. Can you invite me? CFN = FluxWaveZ

Mr. X

Cammy is such a fun character to fight.

I think you're a Bison player but just saying, Guile historically owns this matchup.

First time ever rage quit, both players neutral jump I hit hard punch and it went right through him, RIGHT THROUGH HIM, RIGHT FUCKING THROUGH, we are right next to each other, that shit piss me off, fuck this game and it's shitty netcode..

Moaradin

That's a real thing? I thought it was something only tool assisted could do, seemed like it'd require perfect inputs.

If you stun somebody with a forward throw there's an easy way to get the perfect spacing for the 3 headbutt loop. It's character specific though and it doesn't work on almost half the cast.

There's a 2 headbutt loop that works on everybody though, and you can get that off a regular stun pretty easily.

HardRojo

The match up against Dhalsim is impossible for me as Cammy. I feel like I can't press buttons, his light slide stuffs everything and his teleport mixups get me while I'm playing neutral, trying to find a way to get in.

That MU is in Cammy's favor. Find the right spacing in order to whiff punish or just stuff his normals. Dive kicks or even raw spiral arrows/cannon spikes can catch his limbs. His slides(except hk of course, which is his sweep) are unsafe even on hit unless he spaces them very well. If he teleports just get ready to hit jab at the right time. All easier said than done of course but Cammy does have the tools to have an easier time when dealing with him.

Rank match is a hell hole. NoSaltyMsg beat me in the first game and ran off. I then was matched up with him again, beat him and then RQ. Then faced a player with 8 win streak and lags on the second round and manages to still react to jumps with DP.

I need to fight more Kens to get back to Ultra Gold.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone up for games? Cfn 765production

GGs! I'm not gonna make excuses, but I swear my Mika is slightly better than what you saw! I wasn't expecting to fight so much for my life, though, so your Chun-Li caught me off-guard; I think this is the first time we've played each other.

We should definitely go again when I'm less tired. Yours is the kind of surgical Chun-Li that I absolutely hate, but love going against all the same because it really feels like the matches demand all I have.

Now Guile... well that was just a train wreck all around. Was spending my entire life in the corner with him; my defense is pretty much non-existant with him. Well, not that I expected much more with my first day playing him. He'll get there, eventually.

HardRojo

That MU is in Cammy's favor. Find the right spacing in order to whiff punish or just stuff his normals. Dive kicks or even raw spiral arrows/cannon spikes can catch his limbs. His slides(except hk of course, which is his sweep) are unsafe even on hit unless he spaces them very well. If he teleports just get ready to hit jab at the right time. All easier said than done of course but Cammy does have the tools to have an easier time when dealing with him.
Will keep that in mind. Maybe I need to try setups in training mode so I don't get caught by the slide (well spaced ones). Doesn't help that my Cammy is trash as my brain is trying to adjust to her.

Producer

GGs! I'm not gonna make excuses, but I swear my Mika is slightly better than what you saw! I wasn't expecting to fight so much for my life, though, so your Chun-Li caught me off-guard; I think this is the first time we've played each other.

We should definitely go again when I'm less tired. Yours is the kind of surgical Chun-Li that I absolutely hate, but love going against all the same because it really feels like the matches demand all I have.

Now Guile... well that was just a train wreck all around. Was spending my entire life in the corner with him; my defense is pretty much non-existant with him. Well, not that I expected much more with my first day playing him. He'll get there, eventually.

GGs dude. I feel the same, i hate fighting those type of patient Mikas because it really forces me to go in and often make mistakes, but i really need to fight people of your caliber more often. Glad i was able to put up a fight, the matches were pretty close.
Your Guile was actually not bad at all for being the first day you bring him out, but yeah your Mika is something else. We have to get some more games in sometime.

Top Bottom