• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I'm trying to cheese this extreme with Rashid, haha. Vega and Ryu are giving me the most problems. Birdie is getting cheeky too. I'm at 49 right now.

Producer

Anyone want to play? I'm on my laptop CFN is XtheGenius

good games man. Very nice Urien, the aegis mixups are good.

Her wakeup has a funky animation that still throws me for a loop sometimes, giving me a moment of hesitation which is all she needs to get out that 3f jab.

This is me vs Bison and Birdie. Their wakeup animation is weird and i sometimes end up mistiming a meatie.

Csr

I've discussed this with other players and apparently I'm not the only one that has this issue but I wondered if you guys do as well; Moves not coming out when you know you're pressing the right combinations.

It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's almost always at the worst possible time and can be infuriating as hell. At first I thought it was my controller, but it only happens in this game, not in any other fighting game like KOF or GG and It's not because I'm panicking or pressing a direction slightly wrong. It's just like the game doesn't register what I'm inputting and losing a match because of this is maddening.

Anyone experience this?

I have experienced something similar but it only happens online with a specific player from my friend list. With that person it feels like offline a lot of the time but occasionally the game starts doing inputs extremely late, like close to 1/2 second late.
Also after a patch i started having some kind of input problems with all my sticks when selecting stages and characters, the game either doesn't register inputs or registers more than i input. Not sure what that is about.

I hate training mode. It feels like it could be so much better. No frame data, no saving of moves I programmed, etc. I end up shutting the game off rather than doing stuff in training mode.

This is probably one of the reasons I can't make it to gold rank. I suck.

1x

Yeah it could be a lot better. I also miss that "memory" feature in SFIV where the game saved any moment you wanted and you could constantly replay it which can't be replicated by recordings in SFV.

SFV does save recordings, wake up, after block moves for each character separately which is a good feature. If you haven't recorded something for a particular character it will appear empty. Unless you are talking about something else.

myco666

The survival cheese for Rashid is to spam heavy eagle spike, the AI will never punish it and not block it often. If you're back gets to the wall, you can use EX eagle spike to go through the character and get a better positioning.

The only problem with this strat is Ryu, he just keeps spamming fireballs. Air eagle spike works alright but he's by far the biggest problem for the strat, which sucks because Ryu is opponent #100 in extreme mode.

For Ryu just use pause strat. If you catch him in the startup frames of hadoken just jump in and then get back to distance where you can jump over fireball and punish it. Works really well.

Why play any character other than ryu? He does everything

Because other characters are way more interesting and fun to play. Playing Ryu also feels like cheating.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also at the point now where I'm really confident in the Ryu match-up. You have to actually be better than me to beat me with him. Unlike with other characters. It's vanilla Sagat all over again.

Omg, I got to stage 94 and Ken whooped my ass and tatsu'd all my eagle kick thingies. Lol. Fuck you game.

Since i got all the money for the characters i haven't done survival..

Missions
Win 10 match sheeeesh, i had a 18game win streak in rank, my first rank match in a few days and my streak ends thanks to a constant rubberbanding player, he warped more times than 10 episodes of star trek..

LakeEarth

I don't usually do this but Gizmo235, what a little bitch. He wins the upon our first meeting, and he quits instead of rematching. Then I get him again later, and I beat him, so of course THIS TIME he wants a rematch. Then when I'm about to beat him again, he drops. Loser.

My dumb collection is complete. If you haven't seen these yet, you should really reconsider your life. Watched the animated movie in full for the first time and holy shit, that's probably the best video game movie of all time. Assassins Fist is obviously my personal favorite live action video game movie of all time. And the Van Damme movie... there's really not much to say about it, other than you should watch it when you can.

There's no more movies. Nope. No more.

Nice. wondering where did you get that Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie Collector Ed? I've look on amazon and playasia but got nothing.

Moaradin

Finally got diamond with Urien. Was a rough ride at times but I'm glad I stuck through and learned the character. I'll probably enjoy this short lived victory and stay on casual matches for a little bit lol

LakeEarth

j5PfDME.gif

Don't whiff DP against Urien

Impressive stuff! If only I could consistently do the anti-air EX fireball on the pad. Just can't seem to time pressing a face button and a shoulder button together right, and you can't map LP+HP in this game.

But I'm stealing that crush counter combo up to the v-trigger. That does a fine chunk of damage (and stun too!).

FluxWaveZ

I thought up an advanced tutorial for shimmies that this game won't have based on this situation.

Basically, it'd be a scenario where you're in the corner, you knock your opponent down, and you need to move within the tight space without touching the wall behind you to then punish an opponent's whiff.

Well, now that I think about it, the wall wouldn't even be necessary since you need to punish all the same. Could help for spacing, though. In a world where this game had ASW style tutorials...

That's a nifty idea. Considering how crucial the shimmy is to the game, an advanced tutorial for it would be neat. The tutorial should also show ways to "beat" the shimmy. Using low attacks, command grabs or using heavier normals on wakeup.

Also demonstrate that the "shimmy wall" is longer for characters like Ken as compared to characters like Mika.

JayEH

I don't usually do this but Gizmo235, what a little bitch. He wins the upon our first meeting, and he quits instead of rematching. Then I get him again later, and I beat him, so of course THIS TIME he wants a rematch. Then when I'm about to beat him again, he drops. Loser.

Should have done the classic let the rematch timer run out to intensify salt tactic after you won.

LakeEarth

Should have done the classic let the rematch timer run out to intensify salt tactic after you won.

I honestly did consider it, but how often do I get to fight a Rashid?

Come to think of it, I should've tried Aegis Reflecting his V-Trigger. Damn, missed opportunity.

FANG can deal with Urien so well. Can zone him out easily, and can use the EX slide to get out of dodge should some reflector shenanigans start happening.

Also, his upballs being reflected is practically a non factor.

The special features in the Bluray are also fantastic. They go into detail on all the influences the movie made on the games, like Ryu's bag.

There's also a really good segment specifically explaining the version differences and why they exist.

Every Street Fighter fan should buy this.

The special features in the Bluray are also fantastic. They go into detail on all the influences the movie made on the games, like Ryu's bag.

There's also a really good segment specifically explaining the version differences and why they exist.

Every Street Fighter fan should buy this.

I hope Discotek puts that kind of care into the SeHa Girls release they're doing.

Nash is a different character in story mode and it piss me off.

I.e. Nash' win quote
"You say you enjoy death. It's time to revel in your own."

Cinematic Story Nash

"..."

Never bothered to play Ranked, but I finally made Gold today!
Last guy I had to beat was a dude with a 29 winstreak... I was like: Oh God, I know where this is going... Shortly before the round starts, it was super laggy and slow. But when it actually started it was somewhat playable, so I thought this was a lost case lol. Managed to beat him and I expected a rq at the end, but he didn't lol.

Farewell

Since i got all the money for the characters i haven't done survival..

Missions
Win 10 match sheeeesh, i had a 18game win streak in rank, my first rank match in a few days and my streak ends thanks to a constant rubberbanding player, he warped more times than 10 episodes of star trek..

Wow same here, played ranked again for the mission, was on a 13 win streak and my opponent chose the destiny stage with little lag spikes, lost the game.
Also had 2 rage quitters in that win streak.

Maybe i should start playing more ranked again, think i'm at a higher rank right now because i only played casual matches for about a month.

Top Bottom