• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys thing Chris T will beat Xian? It's a really shit matchup for Xian obviously but I don't want to call it. Tryin to get these brackets right.

JayEH

Ken doesn't need match up experience silly. Everything is a 9-1 match up in favor of the opponent anyway.

mbpm1

I predict that with no exp he'll be free to one match of shenanigans and calculated play maybe two. Whether he can adapt after is on him

Alright here's a way harder one, Eita or GO1? They just had a GF set at Abuget cup but it was down to the very last mixup. Whose got the secret discord intel? All these Japanese players sets are super hard to call.

Alright here's a way harder one, Eita or GO1? They just had a GF set at Abuget cup but it was down to the very last mixup. Whose got the secret discord intel? All these Japanese players sets are super hard to call.

Eita's got father figure Daigo giving him energy so Eita for sure.

GO1's play hasn't maintained the same level that he had up till EVO I feel.

Producer

It sucks too cause they were former teammates. Go1 has been on a slump lately though. He was the best chun now hes probably not in the top 5.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Since that interview stream and him posting that he got picked up I want Eita to do well. He just got a sponsor lol

But it's crazy to think that most of the players there have that pressure. And those who didn't make it even more. Like two Red Bull sponsored players didn't make it. I would be scared to lose that sponsorship.

Posted this in the Holiday Content thread, but I think it got lost in all of the comments about Chun Li's weird feet and whether or not SFV is DOA now, so I figured I'd bring it over here.

What do you guys think about this?

I might be reading into it too much, but since it says the release date and not dates for the Holiday content, atrocious Red Bull costumes, and Akuma, that might be a soft confirmation that Akuma is coming this month, possibly soon after PSX?

Posted this in the Holiday Content thread, but I think it got lost in all of the comments about Chun Li's weird feet and whether or not SFV is DOA now, so I figured I'd bring it over here.

It's possible that the dates for the Christmas stuff and the S2 stuff are separate.

Pompadour

I agree if Akuma is revealed and playable at PSX, he's coming this month. Now, they may consider him part of S2 but I doubt we'll have to wait long for him.

Yeah, he's definitely season 2, but doesn't this open up the possibility that season 2 starts later this month? Although if it did, I wonder how the balance patch would factor into all of this. I guess it would also depend on how far along the version of him that's playable at PSX is.

Edzi

I wouldn't be surprised, considering he's supposed to be playable in a couple days.

TEJ

I was thinking about giving the game a second chance since ts on sale for 20 dollars via psn...

Is finding a match online faster, the same, or worse now?

mbpm1

It should on average be faster and matchmaking you to others closer to your skill level than before. Of course, may still be dry spots

Woolie leave

Hey man, Blanka needs some love, too!

cSbS6zS.png

FluxWaveZ

Heh, I had fun with this Ranked set.

Mika mirrors aren't as crazy as you might think they'd be, because both opponents are terrified of each other. I also don't have a lot of experience going against Mikas because not a lot of people play her, so I'm always really hesitant in the MU.

ElFly

is there any way to know if you are in a ranked or casual battle after the initial 'another fight is coming to you' screen?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If I could choose one thing to get fixed it would be one-sided rollback. It happens so often that 1 round is fine and the next is laggy that I'm sure that player alt-tabbed because it was laggy for him at first.
It's such a stupid issue that other rollback netcodes don't have. And I don't think they ever even acknowledged it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom