• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

Got bodied. Not really fair to go up against Problem first round after byes, sob.

Need to ease off with the big slow buttons and be willing to play slower.

Didn't you get pretty far though? Atleast the challonge bracket I checked you were one match away from top 8.

stn

Any advise dealing with Rashid? Everything seems safe -_-
His flying kick is unsafe, his LP mixer is safe but he will usually not retain a turn after it. There is a gap in his whirlwind shot during which you can punish or V-reversal (double-check about punishing but I am quite certain you can reversal while he's spinning). His F+HK is -4 if not spaced properly. This all goes out the door when he has his V-trigger activated, however.

Kashiwaba

He is not safe in most of his attacks light mixer can be punished with jab, eagle kicks are easily punishable, and most his block strings are up up down, against rashid you just have to calm down and stop pushing buttons to avoid his frame traps.

HardRojo

Depends on your jab, if it reaches far then it's your turn after his LP spinning mixer, experiment in training mode. As far as his pressure with normals, I'm in the same boat, he seems to be safe with everything so I guess V-reversal is your only option if you don't mind losing access to VT.

Kashiwaba

Not just one's jab. Rashid's -2, and his quickest normal is 3f. So you have a 5f gap to do anything, so a 5f medium button would also work.
Ya basically light spinning mixer are just smokes and mirrors just be ready to tech after them and if he has guage watch out for the Ex mixer.

FluxWaveZ

Ya basically light spinning mixer are just smokes and mirrors just be ready to tech after them and if he has guage watch out for the Ex mixer.

It's not really smoke and mirrors. Everyone knows it's -2. It's just that, like Laura's st.MK or Urien f.MP, it goes so fast and there are other factors at play that make it a pain to deal with.

It's like knowing that Balrog is -2 after his second dash punch in a V-Trigger volley, but not pressing the wrong button to try to take your turn because spacing means he can override it.

Shackzam

ggs! I have to learn about Rog's TAP because that shit threw me off a lot. I really don't know the properties of the attack.

It's high and throw invulnerable on the 3rd frame and it changes on block based on what level it is. Level 1 is -2 and becomes more advantage on block by one when it increases to a new level. Also when he hits level 4 he apparently becomes fully invulnerable after the 3rd frame.

It's high and throw invulnerable on the 3rd frame and it changes on block based on what level it is. Level 1 is -2 and becomes more advantage on block by one when it increases to a new level. Also when he hits level 4 he apparently becomes fully invulnerable after the 3rd frame.

level 1 is high and throw invul too?

FluxWaveZ

To clarify: TAP is throw invincible on frame 1.

Marvel

could never
Losing every set, luckily it's Casual and because I'm stubbornly trying to learn Kolin setups in real matches. Plenty people are feeling themselves on their 50+ mains tonight aha.

stn

Rashid's LP mixer can't be punished by anything except, I believe, Akuma's raging demon and Zangief's critical art.

FluxWaveZ

Had to double check. You can be meaty thrown out of tap, but it's a super meaty grab timing. And toolassisted and FAT have it as throw invincible at frame 3 as well.

Is that right? I remembered there being something weird with TAP that wasn't indicated properly in FAT, and I thought it was the throw invincibility on frame 1. Guess I'm misremembering; I'll try it out again now.

Kashiwaba

The mixup is "EX Mixer" or "Block" on Rashid's side. If he has meter, you may be better off delaying a jab.
Usually i go with block, ex mixer or throw it's like a rock paper scissors situation i don't know if it works on higher level or local but it's a good mind game around my level for online.

Shackzam

Yea I realized I had to do something different because TAP was blowing me up hard lol lets get more games in whenever you're available.

Yeah I need some more practice for my upcoming red bull monthly cause we have a good amount of laura players that come out to play.

FluxWaveZ

Those loops don't work because there is a 2 frame gab in between that because your advantage on command grab knockdown is 20 and your dash is 18 and with a 5 frame command grab the first 2 frames of tap go through and dodges the command grab on the 3rd frame.

But Mika is +3 after a dash on her EX Brimstone. In other words, that variation (which I used throughout the video) leaves her at a 21f advantage, and TAP was still going through.

Shackzam

But Mika is +3 after a dash on her EX Brimstone. In other words, that variation (which I used throughout the video) leaves her at a 21f advantage, and TAP was still going through.

Damn. You might just be right. That's interesting though. Everytime a gief has spd'd me in a really meaty way might have just been me fucking up the reversal timing. Trying every situation to meaty command grab tap and it doesn't seem to work lol.

FluxWaveZ

Damn. You might just be right. That's interesting though. Everytime a gief has spd'd me in a really meaty way might have just been me fucking up the reversal timing. Trying every situation to meaty command grab tap and it doesn't seem to work lol.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Whatever the data is on paper, TAP is somehow immune to throws on frame 1 from a KD, but this might be different if he's doing it while standing. Haven't tested that.

You'll note that Urien's Dangerous Headbutt is supposedly "airborne on frames 3-19," but it is still somehow immune to meaty throws when he does it as a reversal from a KD.

Skab

Played for a bit for the first time in a while tonight.

Still cant stop doing Nash from doing whatever he wants.

I'm bad.

ElFly

Yeah, that's what I thought. Whatever the data is on paper, TAP is somehow immune to throws on frame 1 from a KD, but this might be different if he's doing it while standing. Haven't tested that.

You'll note that Urien's Dangerous Headbutt is supposedly "airborne on frames 3-19," but it is still somehow immune to meaty throws when he does it as a reversal from a KD.

you are immune to throws for some frames when you are standing up...I think 2 frames?

so if he is airborne from frame three he is basically immune to throws the whole way if he did it reversal

FluxWaveZ

you are immune to throws for some frames when you are standing up...I think 2 frames?

so if he is airborne from frame three he is basically immune to throws the whole way

This doesn't work, because meaty throws exist. An example is that I can meaty command grab or throw as Mika after dashing following an EX Brimstone. She's +3, which means she's grabbing the opponent on frame 2 when they wake up.

This doesn't work, because meaty throws exist. An example is that I can meaty command grab or throw as Mika after dashing following an EX Brimstone. She's +3, which means she's grabbing the opponent on frame 2 when they wake up.

There is something weird going on here, what does rog's hurtbox look like on TAP frame 1?

FluxWaveZ

There is something weird going on here, what does rog's hurtbox look like on TAP frame 1?

All I know is that his hurtbox dramatically shifts backwards during its startup, but it's not enough of a dramatic shift that something like EX Typhoon would whiff, or Zangief's EX SPD. Those two still don't connect. Gief's super probably doesn't, either.

Mr. X

Did you try both command throws and normal throws?

Bro how you not gonna give me the run back after i gave you one? wtf dude?

enjoy those 89 points i guess

Edit: ahh fuck i guess i just did the same thing to a kolin player... tho i wouldnt have done it if the player hadnt taunted after stun.

Tan

Finally made it back up to platinum, can't wait to lose it again tomorrow

Also ads are too aware
2DBrBsl.jpg

Edzi

Anyone playing?

EDIT: Guess not.

In other news, I'm starting to see another reason why top tier chars are the way they are. Not only can they pressure with positive buttons, but they can also convert off of any of those buttons. Man, I don't know why Capcom thought designing the top tiers like this was okay considering they didn't give the rest of the cast the tools to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom