• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

I'm not gonna pretend that people havent fixed games. I'm not going to pretend that community havens presented solutions and mods that improved games. Its happened, hell for me, modded costumes improve the shit out of SFV right.

But i'm with you on this, this shit is super annoying.

The worst ones? Making female characters " prettier "

Don't get me wrong, there are real issues that people have offered real fixes for (dantarion is a lord and Capcom should have been listening to him for a long time) but a lot of these fixes are a mix of either being stop gap solutions that don't take the larger picture in to account OR are just catering to subjectivity (such as your post about modded costumes. While this fixes some issues for you, it is pretty much irrelevant to someone like me).

Bob White

The beta wasn't a huge failure? When it was up, I remember that people complained a lot.

- Faster loading was marginal at best
- Slow matchmaking
- Same connection issues (Failed to send match results to server)

Couldn't find a single match and by the 3rd day couldn't even launch it

Exactly. I get home and see this delay and I'm thinking "cool, they delayed something that will still be ass when it drops". I just don't see them having a smooth new CFN launch at all. Which makes this delay sting even more.

And May? lol I'm thinking early June this shit drops then the second week of June for when it actually functions ok. But, all in all, glad capcom is still trying at least.

MrCarter

lol the funny part is that, the post wasn't a tease. I was originally writing a rant about how I was pissed that some people in the community are pissed that Capcom went & put Kolin in the roster despite being in the story, and took that as a sign of laziness, not considering just how much work, even on the model itself, it takes to get any character in this game.

Just because a character may be featured in the campaign, doesn't mean that they are just cutting an pasting the character. It's not even like Kolin was in any of the fights in the story mode campaign - she had no toolkit whatsoever. It's just a ridiculous argument to make, not even accounting for the fact that, with the exception of 1/4 remaining silhouettes, none of the characters look like they they were even in the story mode to begin with.

So, I guess my rant is out regardless.

lol my bad. It was still a good and worthy rant nonetheless.

Mizerman

Adon is El Fuerte tier

cammyruns.gif~original

MrCarter

If that thread about the CFN Beta was titled, "Character delayed for SF5," it'd be 3x as long by now.

Talk about damage limitation on my part :p

Nah but seriously, I think the vitriol has calmed down lately because we are actually getting communication from Capcom every month. Last year it was way more suffocating.

Talk about damage limitation on my part :p

Nah but seriously, I think the vitriol has calmed down lately because we are actually getting communication from Capcom every month. Last year it was way more suffocating.

Here's my issue, and I've said this so many, many times already - the community really needs to show that they want shit like that to be a constant. Like on Twitter, the delay and new beta have people going apeshit, and it's like, do you fucking want them to give us a broken online experience? Because that's where we are headed if we keep rushing them.

Capcom works slower than other developers. At this point, you can either bounce and come back when it's finished, or stick around. No sense making things worse.

Village

Don't get me wrong, there are real issues that people have offered real fixes for (dantarion is a lord and Capcom should have been listening to him for a long time) but a lot of these fixes are a mix of either being stop gap solutions that don't take the larger picture in to account OR are just catering to subjectivity (such as your post about modded costumes. While this fixes some issues for you, it is pretty much irrelevant to someone like me).

I feel you, and agree.

Kashiwaba

Here's my issue, and I've said this so many, many times already - the community really needs to show that they want shit like that to be a constant. Like on Twitter, the delay and new beta have people going apeshit, and it's like, do you fucking want them to give us a broken online experience? Because that's where we are headed if we keep rushing them.

Capcom works slower than other developers. At this point, you can either bounce and come back when it's finished, or stick around. No sense making things worse.

It's not like the game is broken now, yes it has some issues, but it's very playable and has no major issues.

MrCarter

It's just instant gratification that people want in this day and age (with social media making them x10 more vocal) but Capcom Japan are stubborn and move at thier own pace. In a way, I do like that though, because at least it teaches people that stuff like this does happen and sometimes you just have to learn to wait in life. Anyway, think we have another blog update coming soon with more content info so we'll see what it includes.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";234276101]In celebration of the patch delay, here's the new official, inarguable tier list for the end of April:

sdfsdf1pufl.png
[/QUOTE]

lol at that Kolin picture.

Numb

I need to remember to anti air.
I still try to jab anti air 80% of the time smh

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";234276101]In celebration of the patch delay, here's the new official, inarguable tier list for the end of April:

sdfsdf1pufl.png
[/QUOTE]
Nerf top 2 rows and buff bottom 2 rows

Just read about the delay. Can't say I'm sad or angry. Better to take their time and release something stable. It'd be nice if they took this as an opportunity to take a closer look at Alex, Fang, Juri, Chun and Nash. I think Juri, Chun and Alex in particular could use more buffs. Only Vega received some significant buffing and he doesn't even get much use. You can do better, Capcom.
This is pretty good.

sdfsdf1pufl.png
[/QUOTE]
Cammy and Karin could switch places, but this is a pretty solid list otherwise.

Numb

Bigger gap between birdie/kuma/rashi/ken and Nash Vega.

Also move up Juri and Chun to Nash/Vega tier , or maybe Juri could be even higher. It feels weird that infiltration would drop Nash and pick up Juri if she was weaker.

Imo this game has a pretty clear High tier , Mid tier and Low tier.

Capcom - "we should leave top 2 rows and give inconsequential buffs to bottom 2 rows."

Ryu and Vega are the only ones who i feel "Maybe" got something meaningful out of S2.1 changes. But even that might ultimately not help them.

Damn only time I saw my boy Vega shine was a brief second with Flash
Needs even more buffs

Atleast Ryu had a good time for a long time all last year

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Birdie has won 2 premiers, mika has been in top 4 for most of the premiers and a laura player is the highest ranked e league player. plz.

Shadoken

I remember Capcom saying they were balancing the game around Ryu , so he should be right in the middle. Funnily enough he was Top in S1 and Bottom in S2 lol.

I hope the CFN delay means more Balance changes. We got the initial list in March , if they are gonna take another 2 months. They should at least take more feedback from the players.

Numb

I remember Capcom saying they were balancing the game around Ryu , so he should be right in the middle. Funnily enough he was Top in S1 and Bottom in S2 lol.

I hope the CFN delay means more Balance changes. We got the initial list in March , if they are gonna take another 2 months. They should at least take more feedback from the players.
So he will be in the middle by season 3 where they wanted him?
Just 3 years to get there

Making the most used characters tip top tier is the worst idea ever. Season 1 Ryu was so low effort he almost made S2 Balrog look sophisticated.

MrCarter

Same. I think they should revert Ryu, Chun and Nash back to S1 with minor nerfs and then mould the rest of the cast around them. Guile and Urien are the most solid and unique in SFV right now so they should use them as a template too.

XenoRaven

I said way back that if they nerf Air Legs (which I was fine with) she will need a buff to her ground game to compensate. Instead, they nerfed her ground game and gave her more V-Trigger cancel opportunities, which are nice, but not near enough to make up for her deficiencies.

The funny thing is, they said you can cancel more stuff into V-Trigger with "increased scaling", which is always hilarious because Chun's scaling is already a nightmare and always has been.

Producer

I said way back that if they nerf Air Legs (which I was fine with) she will need a buff to her ground game to compensate. Instead, they nerfed her ground game and gave her more V-Trigger cancel opportunities, which are nice, but not near enough to make up for her deficiencies.

The funny thing is, they said you can cancel more stuff into V-Trigger with "increased scaling", which is always hilarious because Chun's scaling is already a nightmare and always has been.

I dont think they needed to buff her ground game, it was already strong. What they should have done was buff her vskill or add some other options to make her air approach better. As it is right now she sucks at both jump ins, and getting jumped in on. Lol

XenoRaven

I dont think they needed to buff her ground game, it was already strong. What they should have done was buff her vskill or add some other options to make her air approach better. As it is right now she sucks at both jump ins, and getting jumped in on. Lol
It was definitely already strong. I just feel like, in this game, 30 seconds of solid zoning can be completely undone by even a tiny misstep. Next thing you know you're getting mixed the fuck up and you're in the corner, even though you had your opponent in the opposite corner 5 seconds ago.

My line of thinking is, keep that volatile nature of the game alive, but make it harder for some of these heavy mixup character to get that opportunity.

I think her V-Skill will always be bad, so they either up her damage or buff her ground game. That's my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom