• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

You were a wifi-warrior?
2BoCYTM.jpg

No. I had a wifi extender and connected my Ethernet wire from it to the PS4 - unless that's the same as being on wifi? Worked great last week with the EU guys here but thought I'd get something more solid lol.

No. I had a wifi extender and connected my Ethernet wire from it to the PS4 - unless that's the same as being on wifi? Worked great last week with the EU guys here but thought I'd get something more solid lol.

If I understand correctly, then your connection went from your router to your extender via WiFi, and then from your extender to your PS4 by cable. If so, then yes, you were still on WiFi. Your connection is only as good as the weakest link.

Xeteh

When I got in to SFV I moved my PS4 so it'd be closer to my modem because the only ethernet cables I had were like 3 feet long... so I made the massive investment to buy a longer cable. I'm very dedicated. It was like $5.

Stand HP or F.HP are Alex best tools IMO, his standing HP is a great button if space properly..
Read Bob White's post again. I only mentioned standing medium punch because like Ryu's st.lk it was one of the lighter strength normals that could be used for mid to close range footsies. Counterhit st.hp is a nice button, but you gotta commit afterwards. Season 1 st.mp could chain into itself from pretty good distances, so it was useful for staggered blockstrings and simple hitconfirms. In season 2 they nerfed it pretty much all around and it hurt his game pretty hard just like Ryu's st.mp and st.lk nerfs. Seriously, nerfing footsie buttons was one of the worst things about season 2 which was still an okay balance update. Forward heavy punch crush counter is part of an entirely different conversation altogether. Don't know what it has to do with standing medium punch.

Edit: My bad, I should have made it clear that I brought up standing medium punch because I thought the nerfs to it were similar in nature to the nerfs on Ryu's light and medium footsie buttons.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;234425327 said:
If I understand correctly, then your connection went from your router to your extender via WiFi, and then from your extender to your PS4 by cable. If so, then yes, you were still on WiFi. Your connection is only as good as the weakest link.

Oh shit. Glad I sorted out that mess then. I hope this new powerline adapter is good though.

lupinko

You can't share the DLC right? Because it's tied to the account? There goes any plans of helping setting up multiple SFV things.

I have a digital and physical copy of SFV for PS4 but only used one of my accounts to get dlc.

Kashiwaba

You can't share the DLC right? Because it's tied to the account? There goes any plans of helping setting up multiple SFV things.

I have a digital and physical copy of SFV for PS4 but only used one of my accounts to get dlc.

Why do you want to make two accounts?

Skilletor

I don't? The idea is to have two PS4 setups? But with it being tied to one account, only one PS4 at a time can use dlc I think. Especially if the PS4s are not connected to the Internet.

This is correct unless you can connect to the internet on one of them. Your primary can be offline, the other has to be online, then you can have two setups.

Balrog is stupid as fuck. Jesus Christ.

lupinko

This is correct unless you can connect to the internet on one of them. Your primary can be offline, the other has to be online, then you can have two setups.

Balrog is stupid as fuck. Jesus Christ.

Yeah I thought so, it's not like Revelator where I can potentially have three setups!

I own JP Rev physical and NA Rev digital and i have all the important dlc on both accounts (thank you Aksys for making first week free dlc and uh thanks Arc for letting me have Dizzy free, I still had to pay for Kum (and Raven because I was too lazy to grind money via fishing or whatever).

Eita is this fucking surreal playstyle. He's like a dude that never left bronze in a way. He has no fear, he just does it. Yet, he knows what he's doing and is a top player. Like, imagine fighting someone who turns off their brain yet keeps it hyperactive and can adjust in scrambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom