• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Originally, I remember Capcom saying that CC normals were meant to be high risk high reward to the point where if your CC normal was blocked it would be punishable. I couldve sworn that the first build they had Ryu's st.hk was punishable on block.

Now pretty much every CC move is either completely safe or nets you advantage on block.

Bitching abour crush counters is so scrubby. Please stop. There are tons of things wrong with SFV, crush counters aren't one of them. Heaven help you if you ever play Tekken & bitch about safe moves that lead to big damage on ch.

Meanwhile Tekken 7
50E54Wu.gif
Tekken isn't a series with perfectly made hit/hurtboxes but I think it's much more crucial for a 3D fighter to have consistent hit/hurtboxes that work as they look like they would.

It's still important for a 2D game but you can get away with shit that you might not be able to with 3D games.

Case in point:
zlyvrbt.gif

Bitching abour crush counters is so scrubby. Please stop. There are tons of things wrong with SFV, crush counters aren't one of them. Heaven help you if you ever play Tekken & bitch about safe moves that lead to big damage on ch.
Damn ZTS don't play around! ZTS is a sfv player now? I thought you despised sfv.

If the defensive system was better, CCs can stay as they are.
I agree. I gave been saying from day 1 this game favors one style of gameplay and is the least diverse SF when it comes to play style. Capcom really took the "spam fireball and no honor" complaints to heart if only rest of game was catered to casuals too. Maybe they would have made more money.

I always hear about how the defensive system needs to be better. But nobody ever gives examples. How would you improve the "defense" or add defensive options.

Pompadour

I always hear about how the defensive system needs to be better. But nobody ever gives examples. How would you improve the "defense" or add defensive options.

I'd add more meter options like ASW games. Those games are filled to the brim with bullshit offense but it's balanced out with lots of universal defensive options.

MrCarter

I like how CC's are but in terms of stronger defence, maybe they should buff or give each character 2 (offensive + defensive) V-Reversals.

This is the same game where people complain that sweeps are punishable.
Do you really think that making CCs punishable would be met with universal praise?

People whine that "buttons" aren't good in this game. Then when buttons are good, they want them nerfed.

Producer

probably stuff like quicker white life recovery, better vreversals, maybe remove counter hit state on backdash and priority system. It kinda sounds like whining but man these systems i mention all favor offensive play lol.

probably stuff like quicker white life recovery, better vreversals, maybe remove counter hit state on backdash and priority system. It kinda sounds like whining but man these systems i mention all favor offensive play lol.

Agree on all except the normal priority system. I personally feel that's perfectly fine.

But yeah, V-reversals NEED to be better and revert that stupid freaking white life nerf.

A staggering amount of the changes in S2.5 have been reverting the changes from S2 and that should continue. The balancing in S2 was/is absolute T-R-A-S-H even compared to S1.

Better wake up options tbh. And better v reversals. The results of fishing for a CC aren't bad to me, it's just the ending factors that make it bad. I want people to be able to go back to the neutral. SFV is an aggressive game and it should stay that way, but give people a reason to breathe. The best way to put it is that SFV is too stressful at times. Hell even Rog could keep most of his goofy shit if you could get him off you (with some scaling).

Additionally white life should come back to half of what it was before. Not so much that it nulls characters like Bison (because thinking about it his play style using that is actually super cool), but enough that it matters.

First thing is first, everyone should have some sort of reliable reversal. Balance them our through whether they require meter, how much damage they do, and what position they leave the opponent in but every single character should have that option.

Second backdash needs to either have way faster start up across the board or invincibility frames. The recovery has to be such that if your backdashed a medium button or a heavy button your opponent can not recover in time to punish you but if your opponent did a light button they can. Also removing airborne state from backdash will help for more constant punishes.

Third, throws should moved to the bottom of button priority not the top. So throws will lose if they collide the same frame as an attack not the other way around. To add to this throws should also have a 5 to 6 frame increase in recovery on wiff.

Sayad

Jumps need to go back to 3 frames startup, they were made into 4 frames to discourage jump back throw OS, and now they patched that out, make jumps great again!

mbpm1

CCs can suck but I don't know if I would get rid of them.

I still think there are things that could be done with v-meter to make it more dynamic for defense.

As I said before, maybe spending more bar for better v-reversals.

Maybe if you could spend v-meter raw for an *actual invincible reversal* for characters that don't have them currently.

Capcom will never do it though, because they don't have the time/.money/they don't think it's a poroblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom