• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymuth

Ono went to Thailand, saw a beer that had Tiger on it, took a picture and posted it on the internet, knowing people would go insane.

That jolly fuck.
Ono is a massive troll.

Harada should've put him down when he had the chance.

harada_ono_thumb.jpg

Numb

The fact that Ono and Harada are good friends is one of my favorite things about the videogame industry tbh.

The niconico specials where they competed is legit fun
Seeing SF players playing Tekken and getting bodied and the the same for Tekken players with SF is hilarious

Shadoken

The niconico specials where they competed is legit fun
Seeing SF players playing Tekken and getting bodied and the the same for Tekken players with SF is hilarious

They had some event in US too. It was one of the most memorable things back when i went to NY Comic con 2011 when SFxT was launching. They had so many fun events ,with ono and harada putting on practically a comedy show for the fans haha.

MCD250

I assume the plan is to finish Tekken 7, then reuse the engine, some of the character models, moves, etc. to make Tekken vs Street Fighter.

Would like to see Cammy move around in 3D.

For people who have been playing ranked or casual regularly, do you guys feel like everybody in the lower classes have stagnated or that everybody has been getting better as a whole in the past half year or so? I'm asking because I've played a few matches here and there the last 5 months and I still struggle to beat a lot of Super and Ultra Gold players. I've been stuck at Ultra Gold since last Summer because I could never make it to Platinum no matter how much I tried. Eventually I stopped playing the game because I just get too angry playing SF.

Anyways I haven't been playing on a normal bases since September. I thought the points would eventually trickle down and the Super Silvers of last Summer/Fall would be the Super Gold's of right now and the Platinums back then might be the Diamonds of today without much change to their actual skill level. Though my character Ryu got worse, I feel like I'm playing about as well as I played back then. But everybody I'm playing around my rank seems about as skilled as the players I played around my rank last Fall. I thought it would be a cake walk to Platinum, but I'm getting bodied in Casuals a lot lol. So I was just wondering if anybody has an assessment was about this?

BTW, Hot Ryu is old and busted, Schoolboy Ryu is the new hotness. I'm not too fond of the other ones, but these two are amazing costumes for Ryu. My only minor nitpick is that I prefer Ryu's long as fuck headband to stay behind him. It makes me want to jump back just to make it go away lol.

Getting dropped in matches a bit tonight. Doesnt normally happen. Servers slowly decaying or something.

It won't be the servers, unless you are getting "disconnected from server" messages or your connection is being routed through them (there's a different symbol on the vs screen in that case). The connection in matches is normally peer-to-peer, directly between you and your opponent. It could be your ISP or the overall connection quality in your region that is suffering.

EDIT: There could also be large-scale DDOS attacks going on near you:
http://www.digitalattackmap.com

Ucchedavāda;235252591 said:
It won't be the servers, unless you are getting "disconnected from server" messages or your connection is being routed through them (there's a different symbol on the vs screen in that case). The connection in matches is normally peer-to-peer, directly between you and your opponent. It could be your ISP or the overall connection quality in your region that is suffering.

Ah ok. It hardly ever happens to me so maybe its just a shitty connection in 5bar clothing.

Ah ok. It hardly ever happens to me so maybe its just a shitty connection in 5bar clothing.

That could easily be it.
In USF4 (at least on PC) the connection quality was gauged very quickly, with only a handful of messages going back and forth over a second or two. So if you have somebody playing on a spotty connection, then it could easily look fine during that check, but be a mess during the actual match.

Ucchedavāda;235254067 said:
That could easily be it.
In USF4 (at least on PC) the connection quality was gauged very quickly, with only a handful of messages going back and forth over a second or two. So if you have somebody playing on a spotty connection, then it could easily look fine during that check, but be a mess during the actual match.

Yeah the bar system is terrible. While playing 5 bars 95% of the time i get a great connection you still get shit spikes sometimes from what i assume is someone using wifi and getting interference. However i have accidentally played 1 bar connections that seemed completely fine as well but mostly they will be unplayable. If i play a 3 bar from europe it might be fine but a 3 bar from japan is almost definitely teleport hell.

I dont know what a good system would be though.

Yeah the bar system is terrible. While playing 5 bars 95% of the time i get a great connection you still get shit spikes sometimes from what i assume is someone using wifi and getting interference. However i have accidentally played 1 bar connections that seemed completely fine as well but mostly they will be unplayable. If i play a 3 bar from europe it might be fine but a 3 bar from japan is almost definitely teleport hell.

I dont know what a good system would be though.

An option to show the mean ping, as well as showing some measure of how much it varied (for example the min and max), would be nice. You could probably also do the quality-check over a longer period of time, but that obviously involves a trade-off in how long you have to wait.

But it's never going to be completely reliable. Both players could be on great connections, and then a family member on either end decides run a few torrents and the connection goes to shit.

I dislike that I need a mod just so that I can have no music on the main menu. It's silly that you can make a whole playlist for it, but have to keep at least one track ticked.
Agreed

It would be one thing if the music were easy on the ears like the Halo CE track at the start screen, but Capcom has got electronic rock blasting constantly and no way to turn it off. There should really be an option to do that so we can wait for casual and ranked matches in peace.
Agreed. My FANG is not good but I love to play him cause I find him really fun.

But Alex is not stuck in just some random dumpster! He's stuck in a nice silver garbage pail biding his time until season 3.
Dude has been in the dumpster since 1997. Capcom has had plenty of time to make him good and they don't care to. I don't see why that would change in season 3.
Alex is in a similar boat because his design concept is that he does everything but chuck plasma so they make him worse than he needs to be because they're afraid a slight buff somewhere could tip him over into being dominant. And since Alex has never been good in any game they really don't have a barometer to measure against when balancing.
This would sound like a plausible theory if Gief, Ryu, Chun, Mika and Ibuki didn't exist. All characters have the capacity to be "dominant" or annoyingly strong and have been at different points in their FG history. I don't see any particular reason why Alex has to be a special case. Shit, despite being hobo tier in pretty much all games except maybe SFV S1 he is still more widely used than Chun and Ibuki. People have never made a fuss about him like Gief, Ryu, Chun, Mika or Ibuki (I think we'll see a lot more complaints about her headed our way in the next six months lol). Can't explain that shit. Also, they don't have to go crazy with the buffs. A frame one armor move for wakeups and a better AA cr.hp ain't gonna make him anything worse than middle of mid tier at best.

MCD250

The thing about Alex is that while the theory about not wanting a guy who does everything to also be super strong makes sense, this game also has...Necalli.

So, I mean...

The thing about Alex is that while the theory about not wanting a guy who does everything to also be super strong makes sense, this game also has...Necalli.

So, I mean...
I didn't list Necalli because he lacks a longer FG history and he has been good in both season of SFV so far (and he'll still be good in S2.5).
I would just like a invincible reversal.

I just want to be respected on wake up.
I gave up on EX air knee strike. People would clutch their pearls even if EX air knee strike exclusively got invul frames and the normal versions stayed the same. Frame one armored EX slash elbow or bust at this point. In the grab situation I've actually been making good use of wakeup EX stun gun, but the progress has been mostly good against Gief. Mika players command grab a lot so I've got to start reading the grappling flow in that matchup.

Stun Gun>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stomp

He has a 2f parry.

Yeah... In vtrigger which is limited. I try to make the most of it when I have it but the other 85 secs of match, Alex is free on wake-up

I didn't list Necalli because he lack

I gave up on EX air knee strike. People would clutch their pearls even if EX air knee strike exclusively got invul frames and the normal versions stayed the same. Frame one armored EX slash elbow or bust at this point. In the grab situation I've actually been making good use of wakeup EX stun gun, but the progress has been mostly good against Gief. Mika players command grab a lot so I've got to start reading the grappling flow in that matchup.

Stun Gun>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stomp

Hmm I'll try and use it more.

Edzi

I actually thought they'd have a trailer today. Should have remembered that Capcom is too stupid to actually take advantage of a captive audience.

Guess we just have to wait for the next leak.

Karin's CA tends to whiff if juggled to close like in the corner or what we just saw. And Necalli's has a small window after a heavy stomp. If Haitani just done the medium stomp into Cr.MP he would have taken the round.

I can never understand why Capcom never fixes these. it took how many years to fix Sagat Ultra in the corner?

Producer

Karin's CA tends to whiff if juggled to close like in the corner or what we just saw. And Necalli's has a small window after a heavy stomp. If Haitani just done the medium stomp into Cr.MP he would have taken the round.

I can never understand why Capcom never fixes these. it took how many years to fix Sagat Ultra in the corner?

I dont see whats the problem. If they want to go for max damage then the risk is there

Seems like something the player should be aware of more than needs to be fixed no?

FluxWaveZ

I dont see whats the problem. If they want to go for max damage then the risk is there

What they should actually fix is how too often you can go for an intentional cross-under, but your character continues facing in the same direction so your button comes out the wrong way. Stupid as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom