• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
7TrTHqe.jpg

Why would you do such a thing?

What if they made Kolin's V-trigger freeze the bar, but not allow the opponent to actually be stunned

Then it'd be kinda useless. Remember that all V-Triggers are essentially a comeback mechanic, and you're in a way helping the opponent by removing the possibility of stun, for however long.

mbpm1

Then it'd be kinda useless. Remember that all V-Triggers are essentially a comeback mechanic, and you're in a way helping the opponent by removing the possibility of stun, for however long.

What I'm thinking is that you get the stun bar to halfish length, hit them with a damage combo (which pushes the stun bar up to max), and the stun bar remains high so still a threat after it.

What I'm thinking is that you get the stun bar to halfish length, hit them with a damage combo (which pushes the stun bar up to max), and the stun bar remains high so still a threat after it.

I'm still not seeing it. What's the threat of a high stun bar if it can't actually lead to stun?

Sounds like one of those things that'd only really be worth in an EXTREME comeback situation where the opponent literally hasn't lost any health by the time you get your V-Trigger which is a very specific situation.

mbpm1

I'm still not seeing it. What's the threat of a high stun bar if it can't actually lead to stun?

Sounds like one of those things that'd only really be worth in an EXTREME comeback situation where the opponent literally hasn't lost any health by the time you get your V-Trigger which is a very specific situation.

Then maybe I'm thinking instead what if her v-trigger stunned opponent doesn't lose the stun bar upon comboing after stun.

Then maybe I'm thinking instead what if her v-trigger stunned opponent doesn't lose the stun bar upon comboing after stun.

Hmmmm.

Now that sounds really good.

Damage them and stun them so they're frozen, and maybe you have the option of using up the second V-Trigger to get them out of frozen state and push them back but if you get even one more hit in, they're stunned again.

Could be useful for if the first freeze happened after a long combo which caused large scaling to kick in.

I like that idea.

mbpm1

I feel like it might probably be too snowball-y, but the idea is cool and they can play around with the idea to make it more chill. But this is capcom, so they will probably give the cold shoulder to thinking about it like that.

Shmuppers

I feel like it might probably be too snowball-y, but the idea is cool and they can play around with the idea to make it more chill. But this is capcom, so they will probably give the cold shoulder to thinking about it like that.

nice meme

I actually would like to get into KoF eventually, it's just that 14 is so goddamn expensive on psn still.

Maybe I should get Garou.

Buy all the fighting games.

Once I settle on a character after-patch, I'll be able to schedule more time for fights. It's difficult, juggling SFV, UMVC3, Tekken, and probably more KOF. I still casually mash around in GG, and I'm shit at all fighting games but I'm having fun.

Bob White

Seriously last two times I've tried to play the servers have been dead. But yaay LUPE in the house!

quick edit. seems to be working again

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't understand how the servers have gotten worse and they seem unable to fix it. Around autumn we didn't have these 40006 errors or the constantly missing LP and stuff. It's so weird.

Septimius

How the crap can you make this bad servers? It's not like this game has a ton of users.

I could run this off of my home computer better than this shit. Not really, but holy crap.

I've always maintained that KoF has THE BEST female fighters in terms of design.

Other series have standout female fighters, but KoF just has CONSISTENTLY good designs and it has the GOAT Design.

Kyo and Iori are boring. Cocky skool boy and edge lord with belts on his pants are dumb designs.

Terry and Andy? Good Ol' American boys right there.

Kyo and Iori are boring. Cocky skool boy and edge lord with belts on his pants are dumb designs.

Terry and Andy? Good Ol' American boys right there.

Ima have to agree with this, haha. I don't think look that great. Some of the females have good designs, but i hate how they moe blobed some of the females recently.

ElFly

I just don't understand how the servers have gotten worse and they seem unable to fix it. Around autumn we didn't have these 40006 errors or the constantly missing LP and stuff. It's so weird.

this situation is so idiotic. how can we be at a worse level of service than what we had in 2016?

I am an optimist so my theory is that the company running the servers knows they are getting replaced so they don't give a fuck anymore, and they just keep the damn things "running"

but jeez

Mian is fucking ace.

On the topic of servers, they aren't worse than launch Matches took forever to get going, the ranking system was absolute butt, there was way more lag and drops than before, and downtime was longer (despite being more constant the past few months). And errors were pretty much the same in terms of quantity, though with Capcom's servers they wax and wane where some months are better than others.

The real issue is that things are changing at a glacial pace. It's been a year and while it's better, it's like saying "garbage" to "sometimes average".

On the flipside, we didn't have missing LP problems as much until recently. That shit was during March and then wasn't around, so whatever they changed needs to be flipped back (provided it's the missing LP glitch where you actually don't get LP for it and not it taking forever to get there).

I've only played a few matches of GG, but I hear they got their shit right. And Injustice 2 only has minor problems. KOF still has issues AFAIK, but it's only been out for a few months. I hope SFV's netcode is boosted by the March/April/May? update. Until then, I'm just hitting my locals, but I feel for the people who don't have that.

KOFXIV has it's issues but it's miles better than the unplayable mess that KOFXIII was. I couldn't even play my friend who lived 20 minutes away without feeling like I was playing underwater.

KOFXIV has it's issues but it's miles better than the unplayable mess that KOFXIII was. I couldn't even play my friend who lived 20 minutes away without feeling like I was playing underwater.

Don't you ever bring up that trash to me again.

I can't believe that game was released like that. That was true trash and actually fucking unplayable.

Edzi

I'm really thrown off by the amount of people saying Kolin's face looks ugly or mannish. She looks pretty to me. Does having a slightly bigger than average nose automatically make her disgusting?

I'm really thrown off by the amount of people saying Kolin's face looks ugly or mannish. She looks pretty to me. Does having a slightly bigger than average nose automatically make her disgusting?

I want nothing short of unattainable beauty sculpted out of clay by zeus himself specifically to my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom