• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Skilletor

XInxtBK.gif

By far my favorite fighter this generation, lol.

Is it just me or does every Necalli seem to sit on their super meter til they can land a 50% VT cancel combo and steal rounds with minimal effort? I can probably count on one hand the number of EX moves I've seen Necalli players do in my past few weeks of matches and half of them would be EX command grab.

V-Trigger Necalli is the scariest shit on the planet.

i've been preaching that necalli is top 3 forever but nobody hears me.

while other characters in VT are scary as shit --- them shits actually run out. Necalli's really should end when he uses CA or some shit.

Is it just me or does every Necalli seem to sit on their super meter til they can land a 50% VT cancel combo and steal rounds with minimal effort? I can probably count on one hand the number of EX moves I've seen Necalli players do in my past few weeks of matches and half of them would be EX command grab.

Depends on the char really.
When I play necalli I only use meter for EX DP or EX grab for the wallbounce.
Necalli doesn't really need to use EX much, so the meter just builds.
Whereas with Mika I'll burn it liberally because all of her EX moves are so good/high damage.

Depends on the char really.
When I play necalli I only use meter for EX DP or EX grab for the wallbounce.
Necalli doesn't really need to use EX much, so the meter just builds.
Whereas with Mika I'll burn it liberally because all of her EX moves are so good/high damage.

I guess I'm just kinda weirded out cuz all of the characters I play (Mika included) have fantastic or instrumental EX moves to the point that I hardly ever have a super stocked unless I'm totally dominating (which can happen at times with Birdie thanks to his playstyle).

Meanwhile I don't think I've ever fought a Necalli who didn't at least try to super me once during the match. It's bonkers.

Syntsui

Those Karin trials are nightmare fuel for non-Karin players, the timing of all her combos are just so much harder than anyone else. I'm about to break my controller right now.

Producer

i dunno, i found her trials easy and i dont play her. hardest combos in this game are ones where you have release a charge move from a standing normal imo

Syntsui

I had no problem with Guile's or even Balrog's, after training with them I could do everything with no problem. Karin though, holy shit this is insane. My fingers just can't grasp the complexity of EX Orochi + EX Tenko + EX Orochi.

MCD250

How different characters use EX bar is somrthing that I like to think about sometimes. As Cammy I mostly use EX bar for the properties it confers to moves rather than for raw damage. Divekicks to get in, cannon drills to get through projectiles and DPs for invincibility. The EX versions of her moves gain combo properties that the normal ones don't have, but again, that's technically more for the combo damage than the raw damage of the EX move itself.

When I mained Charlie I rarely used EX bars, so I pretty much always had super on deck and would use it a lot to end matches. I rarely ever end a match with a CA as Cammy because usually I straight don't have the bars for it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
https://youtu.be/IY9_0jO12aY?t=2m48s

So why does the cr.mk hit after the psycho spark here? I've tried all sorts of different combos but it only seems to work in the corner with this exact same combo.

It doesn't work if I start the combo with a CH cr.mp or CH cr.mk. Makes no sense to me.

The new capcom fighters network, putting me against people two ranks higher and then two ranks lower so I can be stomped AND do the stomping!

So is Kolin's projectile considered any good as an actual projectile? it seems situational as heck, even her trials avoided the actual ice block part of the move.

If only I could get into how the game actually plays.

But I can't. Sadness.

I know that pain.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Those Karin trials are nightmare fuel for non-Karin players, the timing of all her combos are just so much harder than anyone else. I'm about to break my controller right now.
Agreed. Now I hate playing as her just as much as I hate playing against her.

I think it might be one of the few instances where an arcade stick would really help.

I had no problem with Guile's or even Balrog's, after training with them I could do everything with no problem. Karin though, holy shit this is insane. My fingers just can't grasp the complexity of EX Orochi + EX Tenko + EX Orochi.
This is what I'm stuck on. Even when I get the moves out it doesn't connect.

Alchemist

SFV needs a jukebox mode. A gallery with the character profiles on the CFN portal would be nice too.

Not going to happen ._.

Pompadour

Man I wish every GGXrd move animated as smoothly as that dude's backwards walk.

The animation in this game is inconsistent as hell. Most walking animations are awfully low-frame like Baiken's. The guy on the right is a total outlier.

I legit have never seen the head roll in Raven's backwards walk. Ravens are too busy gliding to let that play out.

So what's the point of adding people as "Friends" on CFN as opposed to just adding them as one of your "Favorites"?

I'm pretty sure "favorites" just adds them to a list so it's easy to find replays or invite to lounges, and "friends" makes what they're doing show up on the new CFN Pages feed of what people are up to.

Akuma is so slow in Tekken 7 lol ;P

So what's the point of adding people as "Friends" on CFN as opposed to just adding them as one of your "Favorites"?
It's a sorting list, when you invite some to a lounge you can switch between favourites and friends, so you can add a shitton of ppl to favourites, but have the people you actually play regularly on the friends side so you don't have to go through a huge list

I'm pretty sure "favorites" just adds them to a list so it's easy to find replays or invite to lounges, and "friends" makes what they're doing show up on the new CFN Pages feed of what people are up to.

Nah favourites does this as well.

Pachinko

We'll gang , after almost 8 years of faithful service I think the microswitches in my TE2's stick are wearing out OR I'm having some major driver issues. I kept thinking it was some kind of lag I was experiencing - I'd hold right or left and then let go of the stick but instead of the immediate stop I was expecting , I'd get another 10 frames + of walking animation. The only way to stop it was to input something else to override the sticking input.

Neither the xbone pad I use on my PC or my Hori stick suffered from this problem so I've gotta assume it's just the stick itself. Windows also won't let me calibrate the stick and the inputs don't show up properly in the properties menu.

On an unrelated not I may have had a Kraken N Coke and might possibly play some SFV or GGXRD tonight ....

kirblar

Anyone see this? I know the no one there is reputable at all and a lot of this stuff could've been typed by using Sneakers's posts as a basis but I figured I'd link to it anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6eqnpt/because_incompetence_has_consequences_heres_mvci/?st=J3F3LMM1&sh=e06a989d
Copy/Pasting in case of deletion -
Characters I've leaked for MvCI previously include (I won't put check marks by the ones not yet revealed, but since Ryce leaked them, I'll put an asterisk to be nice):

Spider-Man *
Doctor Octopus
Venom as DLC
Songbird
Ms. Marvel
Ant-Man *
Rocket (but Groot is now part of his moveset) ✓
Thanos *
Black Panther
Doctor Strange *
Star-Lord
Black Widow

Chun-Li ✓
Hunter (from Monster Hunter) *
Rathalos (though I will admit that this one is shaky because they might've nixed it to only be in the Hunter's moveset for a Hyper because Giants might be done away with as playable, and Rathalos was planned to be part of the Hyper regardless) Note: I haven't heard anything since regarding Rathalos
Strider Hiryu ✓
Leon Kennedy
Jedah *
Nathan Spencer *
Captain Commando
Dante *
Frank West *
Asura

I was also told of a Street Fighter V and a 3rd Darkstalkers character, which I'll get more into in a moment.

DLC characters I heard about were Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, and Silver Surfer. As well as X-Men being DLC. The ones I've heard for the longest time being Wolverine, Cyclops, and Deadpool.

Note: I said that not ALL the Capcom characters I leaked are launch characters before. And I never had confirmation that ALL the Marvel characters would be either, neither did I say they would be. So fuck off with that shit claiming I said things that I never actually said before. People just assumed I did because they're mad that Capcom bunglefucked the launch roster. AND YOU SHOULD BE.

So moving right along, I've recently heard of plans about Season 2 possibly being Fantastic Four vs Darkstalkers DLC pack next year, which is how Doom, Skrull, Silver Surfer, and She-Hulk will be an 8 character season instead of 6, and mentioned Felicia and Talbain by name as Darkstalkers being added for it. Hsien-Ko's return could happen in that too to fill a slot and because they can reuse animation assets from MvC3.

Then the Season 3 plans be that X-Men are seemingly going to be added alongside some Street Fighter characters to play on the X-Men vs Street Fighter part of the MvC legacy. Which makes sense since SF only has 2 of them at launch as reps.

Season 2 and 3 from what I know and hear, won't be released like SFV does with the all year thing to only add 6 characters, but instead one season in the first half of the year, and the second in the second half of the year. Though there is some kind of discussion going on about doing 4 seasons a year, meaning a season every 3 months (like actual seasons of the year, though not accurate probably as they'd follow January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December).

They went in a direction of making this game VERY DLC-heavy. Which as you've seen, is an extremely controversial decision. It's bad. But they made their bed. And honestly, despite having a source knowing someone who works for them, they as a company piss me off, which is kind of an ulterior motive why I leak stuff. Aside from just being bad at keeping secrets tbfh.

I think the thing that bothers me as a fan so much is how they're witholding so much and so many of the most requested characters as DLC and essentially filled the roster with some characters they knew people wouldn't pay for. But peppered the roster with some enticing things like X, Jedah, and the Hunter on their side to try and coax you to. The Marvel side is its whole other issue that so many people have gone over and over, but both sides are littered with scummy corporate bullshit.

With that one down, here are the SFV leaks! Season 2's remaining characters are Abigail, Menat, and Zeku.

A second cinematic story mode is happening. The base roster plus the Season 1 characters were prologues for the general cinematic story mode. Season 2 character's story modes for Akuma, Ed, and Kolin, which all take place after A Shadow Falls are prologues for the second cinematic story mode.

Ready for the biggest of bombshells? Super Street Fighter V is happening.

But it'll be a free update.

It won't make the base game useless either. It's really nothing more than an update. A glorified one, but an expansion none the less.

But what does SSFV contain? Lets run that down, shall we?

It adds: - Arcade Mode
Extra Battle
Some kind of PvE mode against the Illuminati
Some expanding on the existing mechanics
New Critical Arts

But it doesn't end there. SSFV brings with it a UI overhaul, and maybe more than that too.

You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.

If you want a laugh, Street Fighter vet Alex Valle already leaked them "accidentally" (though it seems he just didn't care) on Twitter already. He never bothered deleting it either in case you don't believe me.

https://twitter.com/thealexvalle/status/861748487062523904

So there you have it. SSFV is a thing and will be announced likely by year's end at Capcom Cup's conclusion. Believe me. Don't. I don't care. But you would be wise to keep this all on record.

Here's the bonus. Back when I leaked Arthur and Firebrand being on MvCI, I personally found odd when I heard it, but fine since I heard the roster was going to be pretty big. Which it is.... over time. But like I told people, which SOMEHOW gets glossed over, I never said EVERY one of those characters I leaked would be there on launch. Just that they were in. Which in hindsight, I should've personally been more suspicious of. Now, if you want to hear something else regarding why they chose Arthur and Firebrand, Capcom Vancouver (the Dead Rising team) are doing a new GnG game (not sure if it's a sequel or a reboot) but the direction is seemingly realistic instead, and takes place in the 70s (on Earth from what I know, at least for the most part, and not in Makai/Hell). Because that's EXACTLY what GnG fans wanted!.... So because of that for some weird reason, we get Arthur and Firebrand on the launch roster. Even though neither will likely show up except I imagine realistic Red Arremers on that sequel/reboot.

MrCarter

Anyone see this? I know the no one there is reputable at all and a lot of this stuff could've been typed by using Sneakers's posts as a basis but I figured I'd link to it anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6eqnpt/because_incompetence_has_consequences_heres_mvci/?st=J3F3LMM1&sh=e06a989d

Hmm I dunno, are they reliable or simply adding on to existing (yet credible) rumours to make it look like he's legit. Also, he's such a piece of scum for revealing everything he has no right to...saying that...

I would LOVE new Critcal Arts.

kirblar

Hmm I dunno, are they reliable or simply adding on to existing (yet credible) rumours to make it look like he's legit. Also, he's such a piece of scum for revealing everything he has no right to...saying that...

I would LOVE new Critcal Arts.
I'm surprised this would be new CAs and not new V-Triggers.

FluxWaveZ

It's a sorting list, when you invite some to a lounge you can switch between favourites and friends, so you can add a shitton of ppl to favourites, but have the people you actually play regularly on the friends side so you don't have to go through a huge list.

Oh... that's it? I see. Thanks.

That sounds like good guesstimating bullshit right there.

Edit for one thing Kolins story takes place before the events of the game.

MrCarter

That sounds like good guesstimating bullshit right there.

Edit for one thing Kolins story takes place before the events of the game.

I think we should take all of that with a massive pinch of salt. I just don't understand why people would go to such lengths to fabricate such bullshit. Hope I'm proved wrong but it seems too good to be true.

Top Bottom