• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

We are not dedicated people.

And 10% of 20 is not a considerable amount anyway. Screw those 2 players who couldn't stick with the P-O-I-S-O-N

I doubt it's him. The full silhouette has a studded collar and human musculature.

TI0XhCb.png

My money's still on Abigail from Final Fight.

That's Jack

Sayad

Ucchedavāda;236450133 said:
Match-up and character usage statistics are up for April.

Here are the changes in usage since March:
Code:
Name     Current  Change
Kolin    4.20%    -6.04%

Basically, it looks like the majority of people who were playing Kolin are now back on their old mains. Except for F.A.N.G players and, surprisingly, Urien players.
Poor Kolin, I'm still sticking with you, though I wouldn't add to that percentage. ;__;

myco666

I went into training and put the dummy do the Ken mixup. Blocked hk.tatsu into mashed ex dp. Get hit by almost half of those dps lol. Can't even stuff the hk.tatsu with any button.

Naarmight

Preload is 11pm UK time for Steam...........

Bit cheap saying it starts on the 11th, when it will already be the 12th in the Majority of the world by the time it starts.

Also am I alone in wanting the big silhouette to be McKoy from Delta Red?

I went into training and put the dummy do the Ken mixup. Blocked hk.tatsu into mashed ex dp. Get hit by almost half of those dps lol. Can't even stuff the hk.tatsu with any button.

I feel like the timing is weird, like Laura's fucking knee, but you can still punish.

But usually I let that shit go over my head and run up on him for a free combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7U2QZcQxNg

Preload is 11pm UK time for Steam...........

Bit cheap saying it starts on the 11th, when it will already be the 12th in the Majority of the world by the time it starts.

Also am I alone in wanting the big silhouette to be McKoy from Delta Red?

Yes, because the alternative is a FF character and I really want that.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;236450133 said:
Match-up and character usage statistics are up for April.

Here are the changes in usage since March:
Code:
Name     Current  Change
Ryu      11.62%   +0.29%
Akuma    8.82%    +0.09%
Ken      8.04%    +0.70%
Zangief  5.06%    +0.53%
Guile    4.92%    +0.55%
Cammy    4.76%    +0.18%
Urien    4.32%    -0.19%
Karin    4.29%    +0.31%
Kolin    4.20%    -6.04%
Laura    4.09%    +0.38%
M.Bison  4.02%    +0.30%
Balrog   3.92%    +0.28%
Ibuki    3.78%    +0.19%
Nash     3.61%    +0.41%
Necalli  3.29%    +0.36%
Alex     3.27%    +0.29%
Juri     2.90%    +0.25%
Rashid   2.71%    +0.11%
R.Mika   2.67%    +0.19%
Chun-Li  2.43%    +0.33%
Birdie   2.38%    +0.26%
Vega     2.21%    +0.16%
Dhalsim  1.55%    +0.06%
F.A.N.G  1.12%    -0.00%

Basically, it looks like the majority of people who were playing Kolin are now back on their old mains. Except for F.A.N.G players and, surprisingly, Urien players.

I'm surprised Kolin is still fairly popular. She seems to have found her fans.

I miss classic Alex. I'll probably end up dropping this game before they release his classic alt. :/

It's ridiculous, but at least Alex has gotten some pretty cool costumes (Halloween, Stripper Work). About a third of the original + season 1 cast still haven't gotten any additional costumes.

Ucchedavāda;236462823 said:
It's ridiculous, but at least Alex has gotten some pretty cool costumes (Halloween, Stripper Work). About a third of the original + season 1 cast still haven't gotten any additional costumes.
It's easier to swallow when the base designs aren't fucked halfway to Sunday. Ken is just so bad he soaks up most of the attention, so Alex is always a distant second (even with his broken legs). At least Vega, Gief and Sim look great without having to spend any money at all. The Ibuki complaints are also overblown regarding her face. She definitely needs her alt for people who don't like the schoolgirl look (literally NEVER seen anyone say they absolutely needed her schoolgirl look lol).

LakeEarth

Ucchedavāda;236462823 said:

All male characters too, what a coincidence!

Meanwhile, Chun is approaching the double digits.

But the flow chart is
HK. Tatsu
Did it hit?
Yes = Ex dp
No = throw

No meaning the blocked it.

Best bet is prob just neutral jump then hit em assuming they are doing it from a distance.

Kens are fucking bonkers though. He is designed that way though. But i have fought quite a few kens that narrowly beat me and dont give the run back (this is in casual) because they just know they wont be able to keep it up now your onto there own unique flavour of crazy. When one does that to me i look at their profile and you can see that most their matches they never gave the run back.

Guess its just part of that Ken lifestyle. Even the rematch has a flow chart.

Did you win easily?
Yes = rematch
No = bail

joe2187

Banned
Went to look at the beta client to see if I could run SFV on my PC and I notice that the CFN beta has a very negative review score...I wasnt aware you could rate and review free items on steam.

Must suck for F2P games.

Ken and Ryu were just the same thing over and over and over again in vanilla SFV online. The game was an absolute slog online because of it. Of course the pros added flair and individuality, but season 1 online was hellish compared to season 2. Now people actually use different characters and it's not just the same BS over and over again. Capcom really hit the nail on the head as far as diversifying character usage went even if they messed up on a lot of other aspects of S2.

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
just staring out my window longingly for those clawed Vega buffs. It's happening bois.

If we get a crossover character, give us Kyo or Iori

MCD250

Ken and Ryu were just the same thing over and over and over again in vanilla SFV online.
Mika, too. And Charlie. Everybody tried to play like a low rent Infiltration (and couldn't even manage that).

Luckily Necalli is still around for folks who miss S1.

Mika, too. And Charlie. Everybody tried to play like a low rent Infiltration (and couldn't even manage that).

What is the correct way to play Nash nowadays? it's hard for me to know an actual game plan. Outside of RTSD

All male characters too, what a coincidence!

Meanwhile, Chun is approaching the double digits.

It's Chun (8) and Ryu (7) who has the most costumes.
Which is not that surprising, since Capcom are using those two as the faces of SF.
IMO, that's not really a problem. The problem is so many characters are being completely ignored.

I wonder what changed between IV and V. In IV Capcom would release packs of costumes for every single character, and for a fraction of the price, while they just drip-feed them in V. Are the models that much more expensive to make in V?

For example, the USFIV Summer and Halloween costumes were both sold in bundles for $20 on release, and that was 44 costumes. Meanwhile the SFV Winter costumes were $20 for 6 costumes and a stage. Shit got expensive.

Beckx

so i'm finally having fun with SFV since I moved off PC and over to PS4 after the last sale.

it's still very frustrating for me that they did such a poor job offering performance options because it looks so, so bad at Medium settings. (I'll take screenshots sometime, the models look like they were caught in a charcoal explosion, with giant black smears over all muscle lines.) i prefer to play on my cabinet (PC, PS3 & 360 inside) but everytime I booted up the game something would frustrate me (down to silly issues like the fact that the story mode will not automatically download from the big picture client!).

now that i've given in to PS4 i'm much happier about it. I still don't love the aesthetic but it looks so much better. i'm actually excited about playing it more. need to work up a couple of Vega combos and jump back online. very excited for Ed too.

Is that Tiffany from Rival Schools in the beach stage?

Skilletor

so i'm finally having fun with SFV since I moved off PC and over to PS4 after the last sale.

it's still very frustrating for me that they did such a poor job offering performance options because it looks so, so bad at Medium settings. (I'll take screenshots sometime, the models look like they were caught in a charcoal explosion, with giant black smears over all muscle lines.) i prefer to play on my cabinet (PC, PS3 & 360 inside) but everytime I booted up the game something would frustrate me (down to silly issues like the fact that the story mode will not automatically download from the big picture client!).

now that i've given in to PS4 i'm much happier about it. I still don't love the aesthetic but it looks so much better. i'm actually excited about playing it more. need to work up a couple of Vega combos and jump back online. very excited for Ed too.

Is that Tiffany from Rival Schools in the beach stage?

Tiffany and Hinata, yep.

I'm hoping for some PS4Pro improvements, personally. The shadow dithering on ps4 is awful. PC version looks so much better.

Ken_Master

Neo Member
Can someone please explain me the CPT qualification system for this year, because I have a question:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...events-here-are-capcom-pro-tour-2017-details/

I thought the top 30 from the main leaderboard were all automatically qualified if the regional final winners were already in the top 30. Then I saw this:

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2017/feb/27/capcom-pro-tour-2017/3/

does it means the top 7 of each region are qualified even if for example the top 20 of the main leaderboard are all US players ? ( that only 7 from the 20 US player will be qualified
for the Capcom cup?)
I know my question sound stupid but it is somehow confusing all this rules.

And will all the 8 players of each regional final get additional points (not only the winner who will get the 400 points) since it is not mentioned here
https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2017/feb/27/capcom-pro-tour-2017/2/

Village

Ucchedavāda;236472810 said:
I wonder what changed between IV and V. In IV Capcom would release packs of costumes for every single character, and for a fraction of the price, .

Someone has to make them, and not only is that more expensive than that used to be, there might not be that many people to make them.

Also greed, and they want money, that too. But also the first thing.

Beckx

Tiffany and Hinata, yep.

I'm hoping for some PS4Pro improvements, personally. The shadow dithering on ps4 is awful. PC version looks so much better.

shadows are bad, yeah. on PC that's one of the areas that infuriates me about the settings. On high they look good. On medium things start to get bad. on low...good god, i have never seen a game do the things with shadows that this game does on low.

Pompadour

Which is not that surprising, since Capcom are using those two as the faces of SF.
IMO, that's not really a problem. The problem is so many characters are being completely ignored.

I wonder what changed between IV and V. In IV Capcom would release packs of costumes for every single character, and for a fraction of the price, while they just drip-feed them in V. Are the models that much more expensive to make in V?

For example, the USFIV Summer and Halloween costumes were both sold in bundles for $20 on release, and that was 44 costumes. Meanwhile the SFV Winter costumes were $20 for 6 costumes and a stage. Shit got expensive.

Aside from price, I figure through costume sales for SF4 they saw what characters generated the most money so instead of developing costumes equally for the cast they decided to produce more costumes for the characters that sell the most costumes.

Which, unsurprisingly, are the Shotos and women.

Mika could be terribly annoying to fight, but I preferred her to Ryu and Ken by far because you'd only encounter her once ever half a dozen fights at most. Nash was definitely annoying in season one as well. The runaway poking style sucked if you use a character that couldn't catch up with him. In that sense he was a better Sim than Sim was back in S1 lol.
What is the correct way to play Nash nowadays? it's hard for me to know an actual game plan. Outside of RTSD
Open up any JP matches on youtube involving Bonchan and copy it or die.

It's not like they have to redo the models from scratch when they want to make a new costume. This isn't like GG or regular 2D fighters. It's definitely far easier to make DLC costumes.
Aside from price, I figure through costume sales for SF4 they saw what characters generated the most money so instead of developing costumes equally for the cast they decided to produce more costumes for the characters that sell the most costumes.

Which, unsurprisingly, are the Shotos and women.
They probably just don't have as many designers working on SFV and they definitely are targeting the more popular characters to extract the most money. I think the strategy will backfire somewhat, though. So far DLC characters have been really lacking in the costume department. Seems like a lot of money is being left on the table as far as I'm concerned.

Can someone please explain me the CPT qualification system for this year, because I have a question:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...events-here-are-capcom-pro-tour-2017-details/

I thought the top 30 from the main leaderboard were all automatically qualified if the regional final winners were already in the top 30. Then I saw this:

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2017/feb/27/capcom-pro-tour-2017/3/

does it means the top 7 of each region are qualified even if for example the top 20 of the main leaderboard are all US players ? ( that only 7 from the 20 US player will be qualified
for the Capcom cup?)
I know my question sound stupid but it is somehow confusing all this rules.

And will all the 8 players of each regional final get additional points (not only the winner who will get the 400 points) since it is not mentioned here
https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2017/feb/27/capcom-pro-tour-2017/2/

The top 7 of each region's leaderboards go on to the play in the regional finals with a last chance qualifier for the Regional Finals to find the 8th player. The player who wins the finals gets 400 points, but if the 400 points does not put that player in the top 30 players on the global ranking board, the player will still get qualified.

So no the top 7 regional players are not automatically qualified for Capcom Cup. The winner(s) of the Regional Finals will be qualified for Capcom Cup if the 400 points boost doesn't put them in the top 30 players. And yes the other players in the Regional Finals will get the premier points pay out.

So Capcom Cup should consist of the top 26 players from the global ranking leader boards, 4 regional finals winners, 1 last chance qualifier winner, and NuckleDu. (I think)

The best advice I can give is to use his resource wisely and and figure out the opponent's lack of knowledge of the character

giphy.gif

Learn his OKI and learn what you can do in the corner.

giphy.gif

When using the same techniques, it's a pretty linear increase in time/expenses.
However UE4 uses PBR rendering, which is a completely different way of rendering textures, which in turn also requires a completely different way of building them; it's generally a much longer process compared to traditional texturing methods.
Add that to the increase in time for modeling/sculpting/rigging itself and yes, sf5 costumes take much more time to build than sf4's.

While spacing is key for every character, you literally can NOT play Nash well if you do not have a solid grasp on where to position yourself.

Knowing the limits of your abilities and their ranges as well as the limits of your opponents is absolutely critical for a space-controller like Nash.

Top Bottom