• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mitchlol

having just picked up Guilty Gear Rev 2 the number of defensive options are insane compared to SFV what's more striking is that even though the systems are in place they require tight execution which feels great when you pull it off, and still ok when you don't because you know there are areas to improve... with SFV and the 50/50 nature of it I don't feel like I can make drastic improvements in situations, rather just more luck guessing... I think that is bad design.

I need some tips against Vega. I was using Juri and losing on 90% of my normal attacks ._.

What the hell is his weakness ?
Don't pick Juri.

having just picked up Guilty Gear Rev 2 the number of defensive options are insane compared to SFV what's more striking is that even though the systems are in place they require tight execution which feels great when you pull it off, and still ok when you don't because you know there are areas to improve... with SFV and the 50/50 nature of it I don't feel like I can make drastic improvements in situations, rather just more luck guessing... I think that is bad design.
Now you're seeing what a lot of people have been complaining about.

Kashiwaba

But it won't be interesting to the audience :0.

So why hasn't Bison's st.HK been nerfed to hell and back? Shit's so stupid...
Because as mentioned, it's much harder to deal with Bison online than off. He's good, but he's not broken. Hold back and block lol. And play more bisons in lobby to learn the MU

Someone mention Vega above, he's better now and has some good frame traps plus a command throw, his mid range is pretty dominant, but just like all the emperors, he can be bullied on knockdown. General strategy versus Vega should be to get him in the corner and kill him fast.

EDIT: lol, thought he meant Birdie's st.hk

Bison's st.hk is pretty good but it's certainly not the "win-game" button everyone makes it out to be.

Shadoken

Beating online Vegas is easy as hell. Just crouch block for a while , The slide will come 100%. Punish->Corner carry->Ez win

Like it doesnt even matter if you punish the slide 10 times it doesnt matter. They WILL SLIDE.

Like it doesnt even matter if you punish the slide 10 times it doesnt matter. They WILL SLIDE.
This.

It's like Supergirl's teleport punch in IJ2/Scorpion's teleport punch in MK. If they had the level of self control to not use that move every 5 seconds, they wouldn't be playing the character.

78255801.jpg

Beating online Vegas is easy as hell. Just crouch block for a while , The slide will come 100%. Punish->Corner carry->Ez win

My Vega Style.

Lots of mp pokes.

The end....

Not giving away how i play lol....

I don't care if I'm near you or not.

I will flash kick.

Also it makes me sad a bunch of online warriors from Japan that are really good can't travel. Moke or whatever is name is plays an amazing Rashid.

Sayad

With the 2.5 changes, can you play him as a zoning poke monster?
Not much better than you could before, changes are mainly damage buffs better/more opportunities for mix ups when you get in(on the ground or with Claw Barcelona). Only thing that might help his long range ground game is ex-tackle having better range/speed now.

Not to say he can't zoon with pokes, he always could, but it's just a mean to get something started, no point risking it against crush counters with poking the whole round when you have so much better pressure and mix-up tools up close. Neutral against Vega is still as annoying as ever though, if that's what you're looking for.

welp I dropped from about 1100LP to 600 in one evening.

not so good

I think I have a bad habit of leaving myself open when I shouldn't.
Often a bad guess will lead into series of really poor guesses. But that also happens to your opponents, haha. Sometimes you also just get matched up with a player whose style is really good against yours. Don't get discouraged. :)

SephLuis

Not much better than you could before, changes are mainly damage buffs better/more opportunities for mix ups when you get in(on the ground or with Claw Barcelona). Only thing that might help his long range ground game is ex-tackle having better range/speed now.

Not to say he can't zoon with pokes, he always could, but it's just a mean to get something started, no point risking it against crush counters with poking the whole round when you have so much better pressure and mix-up tools up close. Neutral against Vega is still as annoying as ever though, if that's what you're looking for.

I was playing a diamond vega, so he wasn't sliding all that much and when he did he did almost at max range (no idea if punishable in this case).

I managed to win a few fights, but I was getting overwhelmed by pokes. I would block a lot of them, but once I tried to attack, many times I would fall into a frame trap or the push back of his attack would make him just out of range of my attacks -_-

Village

Depends on the vega, for me is

do they not stop jumping,?

if no, time your jump and keep doing your long strong air normal

Are they still jumping?

Keep doing it

Are you kolin

Parry the fuck out of vega and also jump and air normal

Kolin is easily the most frustrating character to play against this season. If you miss ONE hit in her rushdown you are going to be juggled for a 22-hit combo. This has happened to me so many times and even with V-Reversal I get blown up on her being plus on blocks.

Amazing.

mbpm1

Kolin is easily the most frustrating character to play against this season. If you miss ONE hit in her rushdown you are going to be juggled for a 22-hit combo. This has happened to me so many times and even with V-Reversal I get blown up on her being plus on blocks.

Amazing.

what do you mean? miss one hit?

Bigg_Oggy

Amazing.

Most of Kolin's moves (especially her specials) leave her negative.

what do you mean? miss one hit?
It feels like even if you block all of Parabellum she's still free to keep throwing attacks, since I routinely get CC'd after I block her. Also, what I meant by the combo potential is that I've literally been struck by one button and linked into a 22-hit combo including her V-Skill and EX Parabellum and finishing air throw.

Don't get me wrong, the execution is pretty fucking impressive by her players, but it's maddening to literally be able to do nothing and get juggled in the air like this is a Netherrealms game.
Most of Kolin's moves (especially her specials) leave her negative.
Really? I feel like unless it's a really egregious whiff on their part, anything I throw at her after block immediately results in me getting CC'd. Even EX Parabellum has outsped me after I block it, so maybe it's rollback it just gives illusion it has fast recovery?

EDIT::

So what functions do you guys want to see in Season 3?

I'm really interested in seeing the head ram function mark it's return.
Would love if Ibuki got her rekka kick back. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of losing that and her neckbreaker special.

mbpm1

It feels like even if you block all of Parabellum she's still free to keep throwing attacks, since I routinely get CC'd after I block her. Also, what I meant by the combo potential is that I've literally been struck by one button and linked into a 22-hit combo including her V-Skill and EX Parabellum and finishing air throw.

Don't get me wrong, the execution is pretty fucking impressive by her players, but it's maddening to literally be able to do nothing and get juggled in the air like this is a Netherrealms game.

None of the Parabellums are safe. Safest is -4. Practice pressing a button after it, she should never be able to CC you with a st. hp or w/e after it.

She can use parry but that's easily beaten by alternating between lows, mids, and throws

Some good function choices there everyone.

Really? I feel like unless it's a really egregious whiff on their part, anything I throw at her after block immediately results in me getting CC'd. Even EX Parabellum has outsped me after I block it, so maybe it's rollback it just gives illusion it has fast recovery?
Gotta be the netcode.

Every single parabellum is minus, medium and heavy are even punishable by mediums/heavies respectively. The only reliable frametrap she has is her cr.mp and her lights, all other normals are minus.

To be honest, Kolin's long (Well long by this game's standards) combos are a part of why I still kept playing with her.

kirblar

Things being way less punishable online than they should be was an obvious issue in the early betas and really hasn't changed at all, unfortunately.

Kashiwaba

Some good function choices there everyone.Gotta be the netcode.

Every single parabellum is minus, medium and heavy are even punishable by mediums/heavies respectively. The only reliable frametrap she has is her cr.mp and her lights, all other normals are minus.

To be honest, Kolin's long (Well long by this game's standards) combos are a part of why I still kept playing with her.

Did you see this?

https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureEnticingChamoisJKanStyle

None of the Parabellums are safe. Safest is -4. Practice pressing a button after it, she should never be able to CC you with a st. hp or w/e after it.

She can use parry but that's easily beaten by alternating between lows, mids, and throws

Some good function choices there everyone.Gotta be the netcode.

I suppose I'll get the season pass and practice on her.

Thanks fellas!

Rymuth

The Halloween stage theme is legit :3

Don't know why I didn't realize the main menu theme can cycle through all themes, sooner...

Top Bottom