• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Pompadour

ABBY
GIVE
ME
NOW

Capcom hasn't even said when the maintenance starts. Maybe we aren't having that.

lol yes we are.

I'll be out of town tomorrow right after the patch drops so no Abby Gail (or new Nioh DLC) until Friday when I get back. Four days until I can start building my Abigail Finger Flick K.O. compilation.

Nephtes

When is the right time to go back to ranked?

Long story short:
I quit SFV shortly after launch due to getting to the cusp of silver only to get knocked down to the bottom of bronze after a series of wins stolen due to rage quitting asshats coupled with losses. The frustration having my wins stolen coupled with my legitimate losses piling up caused my play to suffer due to making dumb mistakes in my desperation to win...

A year or so later, and I've gotten back to casual play and I feel like I'm winning consistently, but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger so to speak on ranked play.
There are a number of match ups I'm not familiar with, and I don't see anyone using those characters in casual (specifically dictator, Urien, Birdie, and Ed).

Are any of those characters popular in ranked play at the moment?
Should I hold off for some more practice, or risk losing my remaining league points now?

MCD250

There's only room for one more stage in the stage select screen right now but they're dropping three tomorrow so I guess there'll be some furniture moving going on.

There's only room for one more stage in the stage select screen right now but they're dropping three tomorrow so I guess there'll be some furniture moving going on.
I have the feeling the CPT stage might take up the same slot as ring of destiny, just with a level toggle.

Long story short:
I quit SFV shortly after launch due to getting to the cusp of silver only to get knocked down to the bottom of bronze after a series of wins stolen due to rage quitting asshats coupled with losses. The frustration having my wins stolen coupled with my legitimate losses piling up caused my play to suffer due to making dumb mistakes in my desperation to win...

A year or so later, and I've gotten back to casual play and I feel like I'm winning consistently, but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger so to speak on ranked play.
There are a number of match ups I'm not familiar with, and I don't see anyone using those characters in casual (specifically dictator, Urien, Birdie, and Ed).

Should I hold off for some more practice, or risk losing my remaining league points now?

I hardly see those chars with maybe the exception of Ed.

Long story short:

Just jump into ranked, and don't worry about the points.
You'll probably lose some in the beginning, but you'll earn them back once you've shaken off the rust and gotten used to the unfamiliar match-ups. And rage-quitting is much less common, nowadays, so that shouldn't sour the experience.

If you want to see who is commonly used online, then check
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/stats/usagerate

Nephtes

Ucchedavāda;244381074 said:
Just jump into ranked, and don't worry about the points.
You'll probably lose some in the beginning, but you'll earn them back once you've shaken off the rust and gotten used to the unfamiliar match-ups. And rage-quitting is much less common, nowadays, so that shouldn't sour the experience.

If you want to see who is commonly used online, then check
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/stats/usagerate

Wait, so rage quitting is still a problem?
I thought they fixed it??

Wait, so rage quitting is still a problem?
I thought they fixed it??

You can't "fix" rage-quitting, you can only reduce the rate at which it occurs.
No matter what the punishment is, eventually somebody is going to get salty enough to pull the plug during a match.

But honestly, I can't remember the last time somebody quit on me, after the new badge system was put in place.

Nephtes

Ucchedavāda;244381380 said:
No matter what the punishment is, eventually somebody is going to get salty enough to pull the plug during a match.

But honestly, I can't remember the last time somebody quit on me, after the new badge system was put in place.

You give the non-rage quitter the win and the quitter gets a loss.
That doesn't seem that hard to me...

I wasn't trying to say you were trash at SFIV, I was just going off of what you had said previously. That you stopped playing at Super, that you thought honda's butt slam was overpowered, that Guy's elbow was broken. You didn't say you played any Ultra until now lol, if you had said before that you played every iteration of SF4 for a bit then I probably wouldn't have went at your neck saying you probably don't have a firm grasp of the systems in the game. But I was under the impression that you quit at Super in like 2010 lol
Lol no worries man...all in good fun, gives me a reason to fire up the old classic anyway....

I like V better, but there's no denying SF4 was special

Sayad

I don't know.

If I was a Urien player, I'd happily spam that shit if a whiff punish was just a medium normal which is not at all guaranteed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe that's a FANG thing, but for real characters, a medium can lead to big stuff. I know you played Kolin, so you know what she can convert a st.MP into, you have to leave that FANG mentality behind while thinking about the game in general. ;p

Seriously though, it's whiff punishable on reaction if you're in the range where Urien want to use it to get a random CC, it's not Rog's st.HP.

It's actually kinda funny how shitty balance has been a recurring Capcpom problem since the Alpha days.

Alpha 3, SF3 third strike, SFIV, SSFIV, SFxTk, SFV

Not to mention the Mahvel games, TvC and others.

Bullshit. Everyone in this thread thinks everyone else is a fucking scrub.
Joke posts?

I think we've played most of each other here man. Everyone is pretty competent at the game.

Even if we use lango like that I believe most of us (I know I am) are speaking in jest. If you are posting about SF in an online forum, you likely aren a scrub lol

Ucchedavāda;244381380 said:

Blacklist doesn't help either when you have to remember the player's name as there is no way of viewing players met outside completed matches.

Scotia

Banned

hzWr5Tm.gif

Sayad

On Hit - 302 Dmg + corner carry

On whiff - 60 dmg

Seems fair

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only way to dissuade a Urien player from St.HP is to predictive jump in and do a 302 dmg combo + corner Carry.
With Kolin, that's 150 + knockdown meterless, 247 + knockdown with one bar and can be confirmed into super if you have one. Characters with mid > VT > combo get way more.
There's less risk behind jump ins attempts, might as well just spam that too!

We're all scrubs.
The painful reality. :(

Village

Everyone is bad at fighting games

Some people are less bad at fighting games.

We should all give up , play mobas and make money

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
What time/how long is Abigail/maintenance tomorrow?

I'm so ready for the big hulking doofus.

Edit: Oh, and I'm going to say I'm by far the scrubbiest player here. Easy.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ucchedavāda;244385604 said:
No maintenance times have been provided so far.
They'll probably make an announcement tomorrow morning.

Ah, gotcha. Lucky for me I'm a teacher and off alllll day. And summer. (but married with kids, so it all balances out)

My best friend/SF sparring partner keeps shitting on Abigail. Can't wait to main him.

Top Bottom