• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

lAlso I'm trying to think of funny reasons why Eliza would divorce ken. I got nothing.

Someone answer this man/woman/Cylon, please!

Rich, handsome, Rich, good genes, Rich, great father, Rich, athletic AF, Rich, somewhat funny, Rich, loves to travel, Rich, socialite, Rich.

Yup, I got nothing.

See that's where you're wrong fellas. Eliza is a hometown girl with humble beginnings (I just made that up) so she doesn't care about any of that. Ken clearly hasn't been giving enough attention to her and Mel because he's too busy travelling and fighting so she has finally had enough and runs off to her older sister Julia - who is also married to Guile.

Or maybe he just snores in bed.

MrCarter

Ken's son turns out to be a martial arts prodigy. He can channel ki like Ryu never could. Akuma, knowing this, kills Ken and abducts his child to raise him in the ways of the Satsui no Hado. Ken's child comes to adore hurting others, becoming a vicious sociopath who travels the world ending the lives of every notable martial artist he comes across. Akuma can only stand by and watch as the prodigy surpasses his own power. Ryu, hearing of these deaths, sets out to explore the mystery. But what will he do when he finds that the murderer is the son of his now deceased friend?

Morbid yet beautiful. I like it.

We won't have any world warriors left for SF6 if this happened though lol.

Producer

ggs Flux. Might be cause i havent played against an Abigail except yours but hes a problem for me lol. I had to switch to Kolin last set. I havent played her for months but i did better than i expected. Might be a better matchup for me than with Cammy.

Also that roll kick seems mad fast lol and its vtrigger cancelable too..damn. i cant react to that move at all

MCD250

Wow really? Does the punch have a separate hit of armor from the run or is it all shared?
Oh, I didn't try the run > punch, just the EX qcf + P. I was curious about the armor because I saw Smug using it as an anti-air on stream (the jumping attack from his opponent hit the armor and then got hit by Abigail's punches).

HardRojo

Also, I just saw this.

tumblr_o5cahjb6ib1usrgjso4_540.gif

Great mod.
I know the whatever horrendous filter SFV uses for backgrounds is there so that characters are easily distinguishable, but I really wish they'd tone it down in an update, more NPCless variants would be nice too.

HardRojo

Praising tlou story is definitely a meme though, right?
It must be boring not being able to enjoy many current games. TLoU is a great game all-around, games can have great stories, but I'm not trying to change your mind here so I'll leave it at that.

kikiribu

I know the whatever horrendous filter SFV uses for backgrounds is there so that characters are easily distinguishable, but I really wish they'd tone it down in an update, more NPCless variants would be nice too.
The only stages I've noticed the fog filter on are daytime waterfall stage, Hillside Plaza, and Sim's stage. All of them look better without the fog.

Are there any others where it really stands out?

It must be boring not being able to enjoy many current games. TLoU is a great game all-around, games can have great stories, but I'm not trying to change your mind here so I'll leave it at that.
Vulva is trolling you guys. You're responding to the meme version of himself.

vulva

Fwiw, since I don't find most modern games fun, I just don't play them. I tried with tlou since I heard so much praise but it did literally nothing for me. In the past few years I stopped playing a lot of games and just went to other things for entertainment like movies.

joe2187

Banned
I find myself more and more not giving a damn about stories in games anymore. if there's a fast forward or skip button I use it nearly 100% of the time. Especially for japanese games since there's a lot of fluff interspersed between the action and gameplay.

Some aspects of Persona 5 for example I just outright skip, dialgoue, cutscenes, yadda yadda.

Xeteh

I find myself more and more not giving a damn about stories in games anymore. if there's a fast forward or skip button I use it nearly 100% of the time. Especially for japanese games since there's a lot of fluff interspersed between the action and gameplay.

Some aspects of Persona 5 for example I just outright skip, dialgoue, cutscenes, yadda yadda.

At that point why even play story focused games? Not criticizing just curious.

ElFly

I played a few hours of TLOU and I got bored. got to the part where some guy receives you in his house, and you gotta escape by the backyard

didn't really like the mechanics. whenever melee combate initiates, I could see the characters skate into position for their animations and it completely took me out of the game. dunno why, I've played games with stiffer transitions (the last Hitman comes to mind) but in tlou I just could not stand it

plot wasn't bad, but it seemed so manipulative

I played a few hours of TLOU and I got bored. got to the part where some guy receives you in his house, and you gotta escape by the backyard

didn't really like the mechanics. whenever melee combate initiates, I could see the characters skate into position for their animations and it completely took me out of the game. dunno why, I've played games with stiffer transitions (the last Hitman comes to mind) but in tlou I just could not stand it

plot wasn't bad, but it seemed so manipulative

Idk what you're talking about. That game has no bugs. It is flawless in that regard 100%
I worked QA on that game

joe2187

Banned
At that point why even play story focused games? Not criticizing just curious.

I said some, not all. Like the fluff, filler shit. Especially prevalent in japanese games and HEAVILY prevalent in Falcom RPGs which is evenly spaced out at 50% world building and 99% animu garbage.

I havent played many or any western games in the past year really, but yeah.

Xeteh

I said some, not all. Like the fluff, filler shit. Especially prevalent in japanese games and HEAVILY prevalent in Falcom RPGs which is evenly spaced out at 50% world building and 99% animu garbage.

I havent played many or any western games in the past year really, but yeah.

Fair enough (how dare you about Falcom games) but I can at least understand that.

No shit? That is awesome... though, I'd imagine a lot of it was ruined/spoiled for you before the game was finished.

you get like 1 week to just play through "for fun." unfinished, mostly broken, warts and all. most of the main plot stuff was there when I started. After that until release (and beyond) playing that game is all just... work.

My old boss works at capcom now heh Haven't really talked to him in a while though.

FluxWaveZ

ggs Flux. Might be cause i havent played against an Abigail except yours but hes a problem for me lol. I had to switch to Kolin last set. I havent played her for months but i did better than i expected. Might be a better matchup for me than with Cammy.

Also that roll kick seems mad fast lol and its vtrigger cancelable too..damn. i cant react to that move at all

GGs. Yeah, I think Kolin does better against Abigail than Cammy does, at least right now.

His sweep is very fast and has a long range, so it prevents people from walking all over the place against him, unlike with Mika. He has special cancellable cr.MK and cr.LK buttons, too, which is good. The unfortunate part is that only the first hit is V-Trigger cancellable, and you have to actually be pretty close to your opponent for that one to hit and not just the second one. If just the second hit is blocked, he's still minus a million, so you can punish that, which you didn't do a few times.

Producer

GGs. Yeah, I think Kolin does better against Abigail than Cammy does, at least right now.

His sweep is very fast and has a long range, so it prevents people from walking all over the place against him, unlike with Mika. He has special cancellable cr.MK and cr.LK buttons, too, which is good. The unfortunate part is that only the first hit is V-Trigger cancellable, and you have to actually be pretty close to your opponent for that one to hit and not just the second one. If just the second hit is blocked, he's still minus a million, so you can punish that, which you didn't do a few times.

Yeah, the few times that i blocked it i didnt punish at all, i just froze up or i tried pressing buttons too fast. Im gonna have to suck it up and buy him so i can lab it up. Muh fight money though

Xeteh

The gameplay.

I skip 95% of cutscenes in games I play. Love persona for the art, battle system, dungeons. Couldn't care less about the story. Same for most games.

That's surprising to me. I love the Persona games a ton but the idea of skipping on the story for the combat is crazy to me.

Can't wait for next patch. Catwoman is collateral damage but Aquaman needs those nerfs hard. So tired of seeing him.

mbpm1

(tentative) abigail notes in addition to the oki video i posted earlier

after abigail punch it looks like you can dash up and do st. lk if it counterhit OR trades with a 3 frame wakeup you can followup with cr. jab into ex abigail punches at most if not all ranges and then potentially dash up again for more pressure although you might be pushed too far at that point. In the corner you can manually time the st lk as well if you like, it seems surprisingly easy, probably due to st. lk active frames.

I say tentative bc well, it seems like such an obvious followup option that I can't believe people aren't mentioning it before me so I'm not sure if I'm right. But the dummy gets hit by it so

Once you establish this Abigail's pressure game becomes more legit bc you can do things like dash up abigail run command throw, dash up opverhead, dashup heavier button instead, dash up abigail smash, etc

sixghost

I've been having a weird issue with SF5 since the update. When I launch the game i get that "Failed to Retrieve Data (80003)" error, and it starts the game in offline mode. But then if I go log in at the main menu, it works, and I can play online.

It's not the end of the world to do this, but it's kind of annoying. Anyone know how to fix this?

Top Bottom