• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Shits just gonna fall on deaf ears, best to just read from the sidelines and comment if something is egregiously wrong.

This is SFV dude, ain't no defensive game here 🙂

Yes it killed and I didn't get stun either.

1w9wlUj.gif

jett

D-Member
Excellent Adventures used to be really fun up until a couple of months ago. I really wonder what's going on with Mike Ross, with him deleting himself from social media too.

Skab

Excellent Adventures used to be really fun up until a couple of months ago. I really wonder what's going on with Mike Ross, with him deleting himself from social media too.

He has since come back. I think he was just taking a break.

As far as EA goes I honestly think he just really dislikes SF5. He didn't even enter at Evo this year. (He actually only entered GG)

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;244944933 said:
So I read the current Capcom thread, and good grief MrCarter. You went in so hard that your impact left a crater and got blown the fuck up for it. Deservedly so, I might add, considering how aggressive you are being to other members. And you're still going! Do yourself a favor, bail from that thread, and focus on playing the game instead of defending it on NeoGAF.
McCarter wanted to be number one capcom supporter over TLD? What happened
Most annoying character is as follows

1. Rashid
2. Rashid
3. Rashid
4. Rashid
5. Counter crazy Kolins.
Kolins that spam counters are easy, just wait for the vskill and punish

Man, I booted IV last night for a bit and I realized Abigail is taller than Hugo. Shit.

Well he is suppose to be taller. Abigail is 8ft compared to 7'10" for Hugo. And this is a size comparison I did a little while ago, never posted it because of the shit quality but I might as well since I haven't seen anybody else do one.

I just took two shitty 720p pictures(both from streams) of both characters standing normally that I found on Google to see how they size up to each other. And for reference, I compared SF4 and SFV Ryu as well and they're nearly identical in height. So I would say this is a fair comparison.

Edzi

As far as EA goes I honestly think he just really dislikes SF5. He didn't even enter at Evo this year. (He actually only entered GG)

They both hate sfv, refuse to actually learn it in favor of complaining (either passive aggressively or explicitly), and continue to milk the game/community for money. All that combines to leave a bad taste in most people's mouths.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;244944933 said:
So I read the current Capcom thread, and good grief MrCarter. You went in so hard that your impact left a crater and got blown the fuck up for it. Deservedly so, I might add, considering how aggressive you are being to other members. And you're still going! Do yourself a favor, bail from that thread, and focus on playing the game instead of defending it on NeoGAF.

My name was mentioned and I just saw red lol. I wasn't being aggressive...It's just some of these guys continue wailing and crying about the same old repetitive narrative about Capcom and SFV by spreading the same old misinformation - it simply annoyed me to no end. DryNoRelief is probably spying on this post now too. I'm done. I have officially bailed out and booted up the game.

joe2187

Banned
McCarter wanted to be number one capcom supporter over TLD? What happened

Kolins that spam counters are easy, just wait for the vskill and punish

Kolin is one of the rare instance in this game where you can play her as wildly different as you like. Somtimes i'll encounter a vanilla Kolin that plays very straightforward, then I'll get one that's super rushdown and offensive, or one that backs off so hard to bait me out.

I like playing against those types, but the counter spammers ultimately fuck my head up because It feels like I'm just trying to beat up a brick wall. The same thing happens when I get command grabbed too many times, it makes me panic and my composure flies right out the window.

At that point Im as free as the salt in the ocean

That thread is an expected disaster.
I've long since accepted gaf is capcomhatecentral so I don't even participate in those "discussions" anymore.

mbpm1

Sfv threads outside of community are automatic crush counters for everyone who post in them.

McCarter was fishing with those st rhs though

It's pretty fun

Here is my new SFV tier list:

And my top 5 most annoying characters to face:

1. Rashid
2. Laura
3. Guile
4. Dhalsim
5. R. Mika

Ibuki would be sixth.
Lmao. This is good.
Funny because I think Rashid was the only character I could take wins off of you with. Vega I would come close but I would get clapped once and put into the Mika blender.

FluxWaveZ

Lmao. This is good.
Funny because I think Rashid was the only character I could take wins off of you with. Vega I would come close but I would get clapped once and put into the Mika blender.

Mentioning clap like that, it sounds like you're talking about S1. That's, like, another lifetime ago. Rashid has become way more problematic since then.

Pompadour

I've long since accepted gaf is capcomhatecentral so I don't even participate in those "discussions" anymore.

I didn't enter that one either because I think I've said my piece regarding SFV, Capcom's image, and navigating between legitimate criticism and people following a narrative.

The thing is SFV and Capcom aren't easy to defend. The game had lots of problems. The game still has lots of problems. Different demographics have different problems with the game. It's very difficult to try and subtly correct people saying made up shit about a game when the game isn't flawless.

Like I saw Anne or whoever debunking "myths" about SFV that SFV defenders supposedly use to defend their game. They bring up how one myth is that the game only had problems at launch but then debunks it by pointing to pros criticizing the game.

But the problems at launch weren't people hating on the gameplay. It was the lack of SP content and online functionality. SFV has improved greatly in both areas but now the game has problems with the actual combat that most people didn't perceive (and S2 exacerbated) back then. Broadly, they're both problems but they aren't the same problems.

I'm not sure trying to thread that needle is worth the effort because: SFV had a shitty launch, SFV is still lacking in several areas, and Capcom installed a rootkit. Even if one says something that's 100% fact the goal posts can be moved to any of those areas of criticism.

Tl;dr: SFV now isn't as shitty as people say it is (and it's weird how people are so enthusiastic about shitting on it) but the game still has problems.

Bob White

Hard to get mad at the casuals for hating a $60 skeleton game. Defend all you want but you can't ignore the bridges capcom burned with the launch last year.

and lol at "gaf hates". I thought gaf hated nintendo.

thundr51

Yah, but discovering it and having doors open is pretty fun

That may be true for some, but would NEVER have figured this out. Was seriously thinking of just putting in more work with in GG and ignoring SFV. Learning shortcuts for doing some of the basic moves shouldn't be some sort of secret, but maybe that's just me.

Hard to get mad at the casuals for hating a $60 skeleton game. Defend all you want but you can't ignore the bridges capcom burned with the launch last year.

Weird, I wonder how I knew exactly what I was spending my money on, must've been all that pre-release info, but who can tell really.
It's pretty easy to just say "this isn't worth it" and move on/wait, instead of cherising that hatred in your heart for over a year like capcom actually made your daughter do...well you know.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

and lol at "gaf hates". I thought gaf hated nintendo.
It's been a year and a half. They need to move the fuck on, like any normal person would when it comes to a game they don't like.

For all the people who feel burnt because they spent 60 on the game and bought 100 season passes and only played for 5 minutes because the game sucks and there's no content and online was broken and SFIV was better and on and on, they can shut the fuck up too and do their research next time.

That said, yeah Capcom fucked up. It's time for everyone to stop spending energy on it unless they still actually play the game.

jett

D-Member

They both hate sfv, refuse to actually learn it in favor of complaining (either passive aggressively or explicitly), and continue to milk the game/community for money. All that combines to leave a bad taste in most people's mouths.

But it's weird how much they've turned up the hate lately. Were they just pretending last year?

Ucchedavāda;244947153 said:
Poor Juri, can't even CA on reaction:
https://gfycat.com/HandyCalculatingDamselfly

Also, if anyone wants to watch a man have his soul surgically removed, then here's a video of the $1k money-match between Smug and ISDD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE2vZJZ-NDU

Do these people have money to burn or something?

Top Bottom