• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Swimsuits are boring, Capcom should make cross-over skins or just ones that are relevant to the character in some way. I'm surprised that, for example, they didn't make a "Family Man" Guile skin. Or a Ken/Dante cross-over. Or just so much else.
Are you gonna get me started again? Cause I'm getting started again.

What do you guys think of the concept of "Premium Skins" for this game?

A skin that not only changes the look of the character but also the look of some special moves.

I'm imagining Violent Ken as a Premium Skin. Some slight ambient purple particle effects on the character, change the skin (obviously), add a filter to the voice (like Nightmare Geese in KoF XIV) and finally make all the fire effects purple. Evil Ryu would work similarly.

Also imagining Heel Rainbow Mika. Not just change the skin, but also change Nadeshiko entirely too, making her look completely different. Maybe add a particle effect to her command grab or something?

The Patriot skin for Guile. Adds a cape to his outfit that has a drawing of a Bald Eagle. His booms are now red,white and blue. When he combs his hair in his post-win screen, small Red/White/Blue fireworks happen in the background.

Bionic Commando skin for Balrog. Replaces his arms with Bionic arms. Only gameplay changes are that he says BIOONNIIIICCC AAARRRRRMMMM in his CA instead of whatever he says now.

Gentleman skin for Birdie. Birdie is now dressed like an Aristocrat. He throws a bottle of wine on the floor instead of a can. He eats a cake instead of a burger.

Ok, I've just confirmed that after almost 2 years of playing this game it just doesn't click with me. The fact that I have not found a main yet also proves it. I just can't seem to find a way to play the game how I want it to be.
Not to bring up the x amount of frames of lag in the game again (and I'm certainly not using it as an excuse), but I certainly feel like I can't react/respond quickly enough and I have a lot of "wtf, I blocked that" or dp's just not coming out fast enough. Does anyone have this feeling as well (compared to previous SF games or other fighters)?

Skilletor

Ofc there will be online for the collection... right? Lol.

Pretty sure every fighter Capcom has released since HF on 360 has had online, save PS2 classic releases like CvS2. Every old fighter they've released after HF has had some form of GGPO.

Capcom is stupid, but they're not that stupid.

Marvel

could never
Pretty sure every fighter Capcom has released since HF on 360 has had online, save PS2 classic releases like CvS2. Every old fighter they've released after HF has had some form of GGPO.

Yeah totally... I guess some folk in the other thread thinking it won't have online is making me a little screwey.

Ok, I've just confirmed that after almost 2 years of playing this game it just doesn't click with me. The fact that I have not found a main yet also proves it. I just can't seem to find a way to play the game how I want it to be.
Not to bring up the x amount of frames of lag in the game again (and I'm certainly not using it as an excuse), but I certainly feel like I can't react/respond quickly enough and I have a lot of "wtf, I blocked that" or dp's just not coming out fast enough. Does anyone have this feeling as well (compared to previous SF games or other fighters)?

Im pretty sure you wouldn't be the first person to experience. Every Street Fighter game has been different which means different people will like it. People hated SF3, people loved SF3. People hated SFIV, people loved SFIV. I mean people have different preferences in the versions of SF2 and the Alpha series.

Pompadour

The only worry is if they use USF2's shit netcode instead of GGPO like for 3SO.

Skilletor

The only worry is if they use USF2's shit netcode instead of GGPO like for 3SO.

I thought USF2's netcode was good? God dammit.

Random question: Which modern fighter has the most stages?

I was going through SF5's and realized it's pretty high up there. I think it's 21 unique stages, not including training mode or nighttime variants. I'm sure there's a game out there with more, though.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I thought USF2's netcode was good? God dammit.

Random question: Which modern fighter has the most stages?

I was going through SF5's and realized it's pretty high up there. I think it's 21 unique stages, not including training mode or nighttime variants. I'm sure there's a game out there with more, though.

USF2's netcode's passable.

Haven't played since S1. Anything crazy change about Ibuki that I should know? All these costumes she's been getting recently have me itching to play again >_>

This costume? ;)

giphy.gif

Once I get bored of Abigail, I might try her too. I own the season 1 character pass, but I've never played Ibuki. She looks like a high execution/hard work character to me.

Blueblur1

Sneakers haven't said anything about Twelve being in the game. It was C.Viper, not Twelve, I think.

I think Ryce got confused and wrote Twelve instead of Viper. It seems that Sneakers just didn't bother to correct Ryce when he responded Ryce's post.

He said Viper, Necro, Oro, Q, Sodom, and Cody are all in development, but none are necessarily planned for S3.

You're implying Sneakers told you something else on Discord? Sooooooo our resident leaker now has someone else posting his supposed leaked info. This is getting messy and is becoming hard to believe, IMO.

mbpm1

You gotta hold down buttons to throw all the kunai and you gotta work that into a combo.

ok she isn't high execution but if you're not a good player then you might have trouble with Ibuki's execution.
I mean chun is high execution for sfv so I thought it might be like that

Ryce

I think Ryce got confused and wrote Twelve instead of Viper. It seems that Sneakers just didn't bother to correct Ryce when he responded Ryce's post.
Whoops, yeah, Sneakers mentioned Twelve, Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro -- coincidentally(?), the same six names from that old fake leak.

Blueblur1

Whoops, yeah, Sneakers mentioned Twelve, Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro -- coincidentally(?), the same six names from that old fake leak.

There's 7 there though. I believe Twelve is the extra one that was not included in that reddit SSFV post.

Marvel

could never
Some of Twelve's special moves were kinda cool. Not really a fan though, hope he doesn't make the cut over someone like Makoto, Q or Decapre.

Beil

I trust Sneakers 100%. He's the only SF insider I've seen who talks like he's got actual insight into their production and project management routines, rather than the usual Reddit "recycled animation assets" morons.

LakeEarth

Twelve needed more characterization, other than being a soulless weapon. The one cool bit was when he faced off against Necro, all of Twelves previous clones would run away but he would stick around. Like he was the first weapon to be brave.

Top Bottom