• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

vulva

A mix of rooting for the underdog (and upsets), rooting against R. Mika, and rooting for Zangief. People aren't typically on my side in local tournaments. I'm used to it, though; it was all I ever heard with Season 1 Mika.

For some reason, yeah.

Tell Henri I say hi. Tell everyone I say hi. Make things super weird and awkward by bringing me up constantly.

A mix of rooting for the underdog (and upsets), rooting against R. Mika, and rooting for Zangief. People aren't typically on my side in local tournaments. I'm used to it, though; it was all I ever heard with Season 1 Mika.

I understand how they feel but I would root for you if I was there. Good luck man.

For some reason, yeah.
Thats whack...well u got support here. I'll jump back into S2.5 and give you some good sets again. Btw ur the black guy on the right right?

FluxWaveZ

There's also the part where I've only been part of the community for about a year now, while others have been there since SFIV. Thanks, though. I'll try not to go 0 - 2.

I signed up for the Injustice 2 tournament, too, for some reason. That was another mistake.

Thats whack...well u got support here. I'll jump back into S2.5 and give you some good sets again. Btw ur the black guy on the right right?

Yeah, that's me.

There's also the part where I've only been part of the community for about a year now, while others have been there since SFIV. Thanks, though. I'll try not to go 0 - 2.

I signed up for the Injustice 2 tournament, too, for some reason. That was another mistake.

Yeah, that's me.

lol i signed up for IJ2 at combo breaker.

I have yet to buy the game.

Yeah, that's me.
3f6e3e6cf43e734440bc1de5700e962e_vice-blasts-joe-rogan-for-confused-animated-clipart_320-240.gif

You're a brotha? I thought you were asian.

Nah, I remember a tournament you won a couple months ago and at the end they were interviewing an asian dude.

lupinko

If we lived in a clean world where players could be trusted not to throw games, yeah, BL should award XP.

But you'd have people grinding that shit out for LP.

Pretty flimsy argument against when people can do what you're saying already in Casual.

Also experience gained from a loss is like 37 which moves at a snail's pace. And I didn't suggest giving FM either for a win, just experience.

Other games like Xrd or Tekken 7 give way more than SFV, and those devs don't suffer from some ridiculous paranoid like Capcom does.

havent had a chance to play since the beta ended but has anybody figured out to login if you downloaded the beta on ps4? i've been unable to login since it ended.

Kashiwaba

Pretty flimsy argument against when people can do what you're saying already in Casual.

Also experience gained from a loss is like 37 which moves at a snail's pace. And I didn't suggest giving FM either for a win, just experience.

Other games like Xrd or Tekken 7 give way more than SFV, and those devs don't suffer from some ridiculous paranoid like Capcom does.
The problem is FM can unlock characters which actually cost real money.

Producer

casual matches should just give no fm/exp and be unlimited rematches and have character select. Or they can award the first 2/3 games FM/EXP but thats probably too sophisticated for cfn lol

HardRojo

casual matches should just give no fm/exp and be unlimited rematches and have character select. Or they can award the first 2/3 games FM/EXP but thats probably too sophisticated for cfn lol
Lol do you want CFN to be down for a while month processing all that stuff?

*Nods head*

Sucks running into interesting players you only get to fight twice at most when nothing is on the line. Ranked can stay as is. I actually appreciate the lack of character select and the ability to choose whether or not to rematch in that mode. It speeds up the ranked process which was necessary thanks to all the loading in SFV.

It's ten times easier to coordinate that in BL over casual matches. You can easily just set it to more than first to 3, nevermind the fact that in casual sets people usually bounce if they see you farming.

As people have said hitting levels gives you fm which is real money. Dudes could shit around bl and farm much easier if they allowed it. Neither Tekken nor GG have a currency that's translated to real money.

It's ten times easier to coordinate that in BL over casual matches. You can easily just set it to more than first to 3, nevermind the fact that in casual sets people usually bounce if they see you farming.

As people have said hitting levels gives you fm which is real money. Dudes could shit around bl and farm much easier if they allowed it. Neither Tekken nor GG have a currency that's translated to real money.

Its easier to farm using causal. You just leave the game auto finding matches in the background. You can also just leave auto fire on the button that selects so it will auto rematch / go back to menu when over and then find another match. It doesn't even need you to be in the house. You could go on holiday for 2 weeks and leave it doing this. At least in BL it requires you to be there.

I like casual as it is although the addition of rematches past best of three would be nice but i wouldnt want no exp or FM in casual. Its slow enough as it is thats its a non issue. They simply need exp on BL in my opinion. If BL worked better and gave exp i would prob mostly just play there.

Its easier to farm using causal. You just leave the game auto finding matches in the background. You can also just leave auto fire on the button that selects so it will auto rematch / go back to menu when over and then find another match. It doesn't even need you to be in the house. You could go on holiday for 2 weeks and leave it doing this. At least in BL it requires you to be there.

I like casual as it is although the addition of rematches past best of three would be nice but i wouldnt want no exp or FM in casual. Its slow enough as it is thats its a non issue. They simply need exp on BL in my opinion. If BL worked better and gave exp i would prob mostly just play there.

BL becomes farming servers then, though. Like you could use casual matches to farm out FM, but the matchmaking is so busted that you'd get a more consistent rate setting up a first to whatever the most/biggest number is, quickly cycling through lower leveled characters for the easy 1000FM you get per levelup, and then running to the other characters. And there'd be no indication that these BLs are or aren't made for that. You just have to simply deal with it once you get in a match.

Sure this shit can happen in Casuals but I d rather not have BLs become a safe haven for that sorta shit

BL becomes farming servers then, though. Like you could use casual matches to farm out FM, but the matchmaking is so busted that you'd get a more consistent rate setting up a first to whatever the most/biggest number is, quickly cycling through lower leveled characters for the easy 1000FM you get per levelup, and then running to the other characters. And there'd be no indication that these BLs are or aren't made for that. You just have to simply deal with it once you get in a match.

Sure this shit can happen in Casuals but I d rather not have BLs become a safe haven for that sorta shit

I'm not sure exactly what you are suggesting might happen in BLs.
People would play a bunch of random characters they don't know to earn FM?

Ucchedavāda;237226014 said:
I'm not sure exactly what you are suggesting might happen in BLs.
People would play a bunch of random characters they don't know to earn FM?

Yeah.

Ones they don't play, because you gain XP at a faster rate for lower levels.

They probably do this in Casuals tbh, but what makes it worse is that BLs are a safe haven away from that garbage. And because you don't know if it's a farming room or not due to Capcom' not letting us create custom labeling, cycling through a bunch of lobbies in order to find a real one would be infuriating.

Yeah.

They probably do this in Casuals tbh, but what makes it worse is that BLs are a safe haven away from that garbage. And because you don't know if it's a farming room or not due to Capcom' not letting us create custom labeling, cycling through a bunch of lobbies in order to find a real one would be infuriating.

Why does that matter as long as they are playing the game. Playing as characters you dont know to earn fight money is totally legit. You can do it now in casual. If they are just farming and leaving the char still / auto firing a button they wont get a rematch so it will still be harder to farm that casuals.

Basically the current system punishes the majority who play properly to stop what i can only imagine are a very small % of the player base who would farm FM. And those are not the people who would spend real money anyway. Capcom make money from people like me who buy each season pass and CPT pass because they love the game and use FM for things like colours.

Why does that matter as long as they are playing the game. Playing as characters you dont know to earn fight money is totally legit. You can do it now in casual. If they are just farming and leaving the char still / auto firing a button they wont get a rematch so it will still be harder to farm that casuals.

Basically the current system punishes the majority who play properly to stop what i can only imagine are a very small % of the player base who would farm FM. And those are not the people who would spend real money anyway. Capcom make money from people like me who buy each season pass and CPT pass because they love the game and use FM for things like colours.

That would imply people would go to those BLs and play the game normally. If anything, they'd just set the controller down only to pick it up to confirm the next match. There's nothing wrong with playing new characters at all, but just sitting there while the other person wails on you or runs the timer isn't fun for the other person. And yeah, you can do all this in Casuals, but for most people it'll be easier to do in BLs. That ease of use changes the notion of "well, I'd never do something like that" to "maybe I could do something like that" for less dedicated people.

It's not that I don't want XP in BLs, but I'd like Capcom to have a system in place so that if I show up to a lobby, I'm not gonna deal with the same shit that sometimes happens in Casuals. I don't even know if that's possible. Maybe more segmented BLs with more options, but the ones that let you get XP require you to press more than one button? I'm not sure.

Couldn't you also put start/options on slower turbo so that you get the rematch in lounges? If you can you could just coordinate with some other person to have same setup and you just leave the game running and get FM/EXP way faster than leaving casuals running.

That's another thing. Matchmaking can take anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes between matches. And you get 3 matches per run. That's if the person hits rematch, which most probably don't.

BL would let me have best of 7. The immediacy and non-reliance on Capcom's servers means I can do this shit faster, all I would need to do is maybe baby it a bit and let it run while I shit around on the internet or something. So while autofiring is probably easier, using BL would be theoretically faster since you aren't beholden to outside factors.

myco666

Couldn't you also put start/options on slower turbo so that you get the rematch in lounges? If you can you could just coordinate with some other person to have same setup and you just leave the game running and get FM/EXP way faster than leaving casuals running.

That would imply people would go to those BLs and play the game normally. If anything, they'd just set the controller down only to pick it up to confirm the next match. There's nothing wrong with playing new characters at all, but just sitting there while the other person wails on you or runs the timer isn't fun for the other person. And yeah, you can do all this in Casuals, but for most people it'll be easier to do in BLs. That ease of use changes the notion of "well, I'd never do something like that" to "maybe I could do something like that" for less dedicated people.

It's not that I don't want XP in BLs, but I'd like Capcom to have a system in place so that if I show up to a lobby, I'm not gonna deal with the same shit that sometimes happens in Casuals. I don't even know if that's possible. Maybe more segmented BLs with more options, but the ones that let you get XP require you to press more than one button? I'm not sure.

That's another thing. Matchmaking can take anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes between matches. And you get 3 matches per run. That's if the person hits rematch, which most probably don't.

BL would let me have best of 7. The immediacy and non-reliance on Capcom's servers means I can do this shit faster, all I would need to do is maybe baby it a bit and let it run while I shit around on the internet or something. So while autofiring is probably easier, using BL would be theoretically faster since you aren't beholden to outside factors.

I see what worries you but i dont agree it would be easier. Grinding in BL requires you to be there to set it up and start and restart matches. Plus people will just not accept rematches. Grinding in casual can be set to just keep going automatically without you even being there.

Anyway i doubt they will add exp to BL anyway. This is Capcom we are talking about.

Yeah.

I understand your concern, but I don't think it would be much of a problem in lobbies.
As OmegaTreeFish writes, you have to actively be there to exploit it, since there is no automatic rematching and people would obviously bail from your lobby after a match. That would leave abuse to people who can setup two systems to re-match each other, in which case they wouldn't be interfering with anyone else.

Regardless of that, there obviously need to be a system to detect AFK players. However, I don't see that happening any time soon, though I am not ruling it out either, considering that Capcom still continued to work on their RQ system.

myco666

Characters cost 100,000 FM, you get only 1000 per each level up.

Times that by the number of dlc characters.

There is no problem, Capcom is just lame.

If you beat diamond or higher you get 900 or more exp for win. Wouldn't take that much time to get characters from lvl19 (you get to this level after trials, story, easy survival and normal survival) to lvl30 if you could setup a exp farming lounge. That is enough FM for one character. Sure it requires you to find a diamond level player who is willing to leave his console/pc running or have two setups on their own.

As long as FM has any monetary value battle lounges won't give it to you. No matter how little value there is.

Ucchedavāda;237233751 said:
there obviously need to be a system to detect AFK players. However, I don't see that happening any time soon, though I am not ruling it out either, considering that Capcom still continued to work on their RQ system.

As much as you want to deny it. Lobbies will fix the issue. But then you will say that it will encourage people from avoiding bad match up. But blacklisting does the exact same thing but more cumbersome.

Pompadour

EXP and FM should just be awarded for time played, that's it. Most games with similar models do it this way. I can see giving FM bonuses for winning matches but no more than that.

myco666

They seriously need to just up the FM payout by 50. 100 on win, 50 on loss.

I don't really think giving FM on loss is a good idea. Would just add more players to leave their systems open in casuals. Also considering that winrates average at 50% more or less for most people just upping the amount of FM given from wins would have as much benefit as giving FM from losses too.

The game should be rewarding you for putting time into the game, and winning should get you a bonus on top.

That's how 99% of online video games work. And there's a reason.

LakeEarth

There's like half a dozen idlers out there, and that's just for FM from leveling up. Imagine how many would do this if every match paid out FM.

Or better yet. 200 on win, 100 on loss.

Never gonna happen :(

Thats probably too much, but it'd be nice.

I don't really think giving FM on loss is a good idea. Would just add more players to leave their systems open in casuals. Also considering that winrates average at 50% more or less for most people just upping the amount of FM given from wins would have as much benefit as giving FM from losses too.

So its an ez win if you come up on some xp/FM farmer, which nets you more XP and 200 FM. Then black list them so you don't have to fight them again, or keep fighting them and get fm/xp.

I say give 50 on win because people who lose a lot dont get enough FM to buy things in store. Giving a payout on loss gives the feeling of at least getting something. "Oh I lost. oh well at least I get little FM out of it." Its an incentive to keep playing and makes losing a bit easier to handle. Its like a consolation prize.

The game should be rewarding you for putting time into the game, and winning should get you a bonus on top.

True. Stuff like win streaks and perfect rounds could have an effect on the payout of xp/FM at the end.

myco666

Yup. Should be way more daily challenges than we have now. But Capcom gonna Capcom and sell more challenges as a DLC.

Kashiwaba

Or better yet. 200 on win, 100 on loss.

Never gonna happen :(

Capcom is trying to make some money here, and really i think they have been too generous when it comes to FM recently basically if you do the weekly challenges every week for 1 year that​ nets you enough FM to unlock 4 characters out of the 6 every season not counting the money you get from watching events, level up and single player content.

Capcom is trying to make some money here, and really i think they have been too generous when it comes to FM recently basically if you do the weekly challenges every week for 1 year that​ nets you enough FM to unlock 4 characters out of the 6 every season not counting the money you get from watching events, level up and single player content.

Perhaps they do want you to unlock those characters, even if you do it using FM.
They can only sell you a character once, but they can keep selling you costumes for that character forever.

Top Bottom