• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Rhapsody

Banned
Tried playing this game again on Steam. I've had the "Instruction at (etc) referenced memory at (etc). The memory could not be read" before, but now it's happening when I start the game rather than after closing it. Anyone have any tips? Can't play the game at all now. It was working fine just last week.

Edzi

lol this game is unbalanced to hell. Top tiers are so braindead it hurts. I'm so sorry Producer, that rog set hurt me too.

EDIT: GGs man, good sets.

Tried playing this game again on Steam. I've had the "Instruction at (etc) referenced memory at (etc). The memory could not be read" before, but now it's happening when I start the game rather than after closing it. Anyone have any tips? Can't play the game at all now. It was working fine just last week.

It happens to me as well, but rebooting usually "fixes" it.
I'm wondering if it might be an issue with the graphics card drivers I have installed.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ucchedavāda;237761013 said:
It happens to me as well, but rebooting usually "fixes" it.
I'm wondering if it might be an issue with the graphics card drivers I have installed.

I thought it was possible. I did try doing a clean install of the nvidia drivers and then reinstalled the game afterwards. Still issues unfortunately.

I thought it was possible. I did try doing a clean install of the nvidia drivers and then reinstalled the game afterwards. Still issues unfortunately.
Tried doing a clean upgrade of my drivers, and am also still getting the crash.

Have you changed any of the ini files and marked them read-only?
That was known to cause the post-exit crash, so I've undone that now and will try have to see if that stops the problem from occurring.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh, looks like the problem worked itself out. I guess it needed one more reboot after all those changes I've done in trying to get the drivers reinstall. I swear I've lost count on how many times I rebooted between changes, but I'm glad it works now. I'll keep the ini thing you said in mind though. Thanks for the help.

July would be EVO.

But you are right, I've been scorned before.
We will get Necalli nostalga costumes before Alex gets his.
We might get a pregnant Necalli alt before we get 3S nostalgia costumes.
lol this game is unbalanced to hell. Top tiers are so braindead it hurts. I'm so sorry Producer, that rog set hurt me too.
They may be "braindead", but I'd rather see the bottom and mid tiers buffed to compete with them instead of experiencing more of Capcom's roller coaster balancing. They could stand to make Urien and Balrog's crush counters less spammable and they could reduce the damage output a bit on Balrog. Then they'd just have to buff Fang, Ryu, Alex, Juri and Chun quite a bit more in season 3 (buff Nash just a little to keep Bonchan from murderizing all of us) and we'd have a much better game without making top tier users (besides Cammy and Necalli who will never be nerfed lol) terrified that they'll be the next S2 Ryu/Chun players.

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/866648834490761217

Wow, at least Phenom is dead honest about his motivation as a pro player in SFV. Dat Fight Money !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Wy7BysR00

He also got a good head on his shoulders, judging by his plans for the prize money.

The talk about Dat Fight Money also got me curious about the payouts at ELeague, so in case any else is wondering:
  • 1 = $150k
  • 2 = $40k
  • 3 = $20k
  • 4 = $12k
  • 5-6 = $5k
  • 7-8 = $3k
  • 9-16 = $1k
  • 17-24 = $500
source

Devid905

Ucchedavāda;237779802 said:
Not sure what the point of that is, unless they are going to give a release date.
Everyone already played or saw Ed in action during the beta, so seeing a few day 5 Eds is not really that interesting.
Well, this time, we'll get to see how Ed plays in an offline environment (as oppose to online).

I honestly thought I'd enjoy playing as Poison Ivy in IJ2 but oddly enough, it's Black Canary and Green Arrow that I enjoy playing the most. Just feels good to not breakup the couple.

To that end, I'm returning to the avatar of the lanky fuck.

I honestly thought I'd enjoy playing as Poison Ivy in IJ2 but oddly enough, it's Black Canary and Green Arrow that I enjoy playing the most. Just feels good to not breakup the couple.

To that end, I'm returning to the avatar of the lanky fuck.

You just need to mix all your characters into one avatar.

I heard about that video of the dude throwing his controller.

Like damn, I guess it's serious...
Deadshot is pretty strong but it's mainly 2 things of his that is pretty strong. His crouching rifle , especially the MB version, and one of his combo strings. A small nerf will take care of him.

Every thing else is where it needs to be IMO.

And that dude was salty AF cause he sucked, and cause he wasn't blocking the ONE string that literally every Deadshot player uses. Hell, in my first online match against Deadshot, I knew how to block it after getting hit by it once. Low into overhead into mid.

Moaradin

The most lame and uninteresting style of play is always the most effective in NRS games. I have no idea why they even made Deadshot the way he is. Pretty much everyone hated the way Deathstroke played in the first game, overpowered or not. They just double down on it lol

Top Bottom