• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Looooooooooooool that would have went to another game since that would have been a tie if the new patch was active.

But Rog skates on by!

It's actually kind of amazing the effect of making Screw Upper a motion move has had.

Before, neutral jumping could often lead to you baiting out dash punches. Punishes for it were rare, and only happened if the Balrog had the charge necessary and was expecting it.

Now, it leads to a screw upper xx EX dash Punch and free corner carry.

I'm not moved by making execution easier, it's in a good place imo. To make a long story short, I basically agree with what sirlin said on the matter.

I still can't do karin tenko > orochi combos ;_;.

My problem is how unbalanced damage output is in this game

Laura: Charged H Fireball, F HP, delay, F HP TC, H Bolt Charge = 380 Damage, one Button no meter

Glass Cannon Akuma: J.HP, HK TC, ST.MK, EX Red Fireball, EX DP = 390 Damage at the cost of two meters.

That is a 10 damage difference and while Laura requires her fireball to be charged to do that much damage, think of a situation where you or the opponent are in a dizzy state. Where a Laura player maximize her damage output after wasting all her meter to make a comback while a Akuma player wasted his on trying to make a comback.

MechaX

I think it's a little unfair to say that they can't fix it. Most of the problems, at least in my eyes, are additional things that can be added to the v-system (besides defensive but I guess you could include that). They've already started moving in that direction by giving more gauge for using the skills, they just need to make a bigger incentive so the game has it's own FA thing without being as busted.

The complexity and difference of the characters should come from that. Usually Capcom creates a base for a game and modifies it from there. It's happened with pretty much all of their games, especially 4. So while it's fine to submit those criticisms, we've been through this song and dance so many times.

Shit, the 50/50 shit could be bettered by adding new wakeup options, improving reversals, and maybe a new defensive option. That's not outside the realm of possibility.

Oh no, I'm not saying that they can't fix it; in fact, I am honestly rooting for them that they do in the future. But when I say that I'm not convinced they are moving in the right direction as of now (I should have mentioned that I don't feel that they are doing so at least as of now), I guess a way to boil it down is looking at the Season Changes and still being like "why did they make [x] changes? aren't people complaining about [y]? I guess Capcom just wants to let it rock for another 6 months."

GvG was competitive. Thing started the Gundam arcade craze but EXVS made it take off! I think those games aren't necessarily that balanced since the large amount of suits means only half are actually good, but you don't feel that issue because the game has defensive options by using boost (yeah you can block but...).

EXVS is different in the sense that there is definitely a balance discrepancy for the most part among all the costs, but good movement and boost management will carry over to a massive degree no matter what suit you play as. And if you have good boost management and good control over stuff like boost hops/etc, you will not necessarily see a massive disadvantage unless you're playing 100% serious matches. I suppose that can be translated in general terms as "good fundamentals," but there may be an argument that you can more easily see the fruits of having these kinds of skills even on a 1000 cost unit as opposed to playing something lower in SFV given SFV's current rushdown meta.

Different games for different systems. SFV doesn't have to have AS many as SF4 or Marvel, but it definitely needs more than it has now.

This is true. I personally think that we need something more in SFV, and quick rise vs. slowest wake up is not cutting it.

They need to use the RAINMAKER alt for King and make fun of Kenny for
losing Wrestle Kingdom 11 to Okada.

"That could've been you instead of Okada!"

Kashiwaba

Someone needs to sponsor Gachikun!!!! his Rashid is godlike, he actually makes Oilking rashid look like just some random online one.

Village

Ucchedavāda;238330665 said:
I simply don't see what their goal was when they redesigned her.

It feels like they just had the task of maker her different, because understandably this isn't marvel you can't just throw a dudes moveset in and it being broken is apart of the fun , they wanted to incorporate her into the game.

It just feels like they never asked... do we need to do that though. Because I look at her sf4 moveset, and it with some more mobility moves... probably would have worked fine

Village

Is there a new way to check how many online wins you have yet?
More than you think, less than you hope

To make her play as trashy as her character design always was
ZEGb4jY.png

hmm I don't think her character design is trashy, though I like her battle costume more than her normal outfit though.

That statement was more... fashion designer than I expected from you of all people.

HardRojo

This weekend is so crazy. I have no idea who is participating in which tournament. Daigo is in the Red Bull one? He was in ELeague just a couple of days ago! And Combo Breaker is still going on later today!

Oh no, I'm not saying that they can't fix it; in fact, I am honestly rooting for them that they do in the future. But when I say that I'm not convinced they are moving in the right direction as of now (I should have mentioned that I don't feel that they are doing so at least as of now), I guess a way to boil it down is looking at the Season Changes and still being like "why did they make [x] changes? aren't people complaining about [y]? I guess Capcom just wants to let it rock for another 6 months."

Well, that's what I mean. Besides defensive nerfs, how bad are things technically? Looking at tournaments, not nearly as bad as people thought they'd be. Laura, Rog, and Urien aren't running wild like people though, and there's just as much variance as before. Shit, right now I'm watching RB and I see a FANG fighting a Laura. To better balance the game from a technical standpoint (and feel too!), there needs to be more defensive measures.

Now, how does that shit feel though? Like a slog. It's rough. Laura is rough to fight against. Urien's sHP stamping is dumb, and Rog is just lol. While I think much of the responses were kneejerk, many of the changes were bullshit because you feel like your character is doing more work than others. I honestly think Capcom didn't think about the ways a character interacts with the new system and how things play out in a match in terms of fun. So focused on hitting balance that they didn't focus on making sure both players can have fun.

EXVS is different in the sense that there is definitely a balance discrepancy for the most part among all the costs, but good movement and boost management will carry over to a massive degree no matter what suit you play as. And if you have good boost management and good control over stuff like boost hops/etc, you will not necessarily see a massive disadvantage unless you're playing 100% serious matches. I suppose that can be translated in general terms as "good fundamentals," but there may be an argument that you can more easily see the fruits of having these kinds of skills even on a 1000 cost unit as opposed to playing something lower in SFV given SFV's current rushdown meta.

That's probably because GVS has more mechanics in general. On the flipside, if you can manage your boost, you can probably hover in the mid level of things.

This is true. I personally think that we need something more in SFV, and quick rise vs. slowest wake up is not cutting it

Seriously would solve a ton of problems. That and buffing out v-stuff. The base is there, they just need to do better .S2.5 was a good response, so I hope S3 goes all the way.

NODEFENSIVEOPTIONS + MAKEEVERYCHARACTERASEXPLOSIVEASMAKOTO

You want it back?
Honestly? Yeah. Only give it a few frames of invincibility so you can delay a meaty to still hit, and hell maintain the CH state.

Ucchedavāda;238347588 said:
How about a backdash that doesn't leave you in counter-hit state?
Or this.

One of those two.

Invincible Backdash is a very frequently used mechanic and a lot of other games have managed to keep it in their games and not have it be broken. Problem is Capcpom is shit at doing anything that involves the word "balance" so it's only natural they fuck it up.

I'd take this tbh. You can still punish well enough without it being crazy. Would help a lot of characters live too.

Kashiwaba

This would be the best option, Luce is crazy for wanting invincible backdash just thinking about it reminds me of the horrors of SF4

Honestly? Yeah. Only give it a few frames of invincibility so you can delay a meaty to still hit, and hell maintain the CH state.

That doesn't sound unreasonable.
A bit of invincibility to let you get out of some situations, but it would also have the risk that Capcom generally has decided is appropriate for invincible moves. But without without going into the territory of Rose's backdash.

Ucchedavāda;238347960 said:
That doesn't sound unreasonable.
A bit of invincibility to let you get out of some situations, but it would also have the risk that Capcom generally has decided is appropriate for invincible moves. But without without going into the territory of Rose's backdash.

That's pretty much how most games handle it. Either the backdash has enough recovery so that if you didn't choose to pressure or did a light attack as a meaty, you can still punish it OR the invincibility period is incredibly brief so even a move that stays active for a while can still punish it.

Tan

I feel like no character currently has a backdash good enough to make invincible backdash dumb like it was for Rose in 4.
Also with this game being as aggressive as it is, and characters having amazing dashes, chasing a backdash when you know its a viable option is much more likely.

If we're talking about wanted changes, I might even say remove crush counters all together.

Sayad

It's actually kind of amazing the effect of making Screw Upper a motion move has had.

Before, neutral jumping could often lead to you baiting out dash punches. Punishes for it were rare, and only happened if the Balrog had the charge necessary and was expecting it.

Now, it leads to a screw upper xx EX dash Punch and free corner carry.
That's the thing with Rog, in previous games, you shut him down with fireballs and neutral jumping, in S2 he's by far the character with the strongest counters to fireballs and neutral jumps in the. Someone at Capcom just went "Rog need to be top tier" and here we are.

Neoxon

This would be the best option, Luce is crazy for wanting invincible backdash just thinking about it reminds me of the horrors of SF4
That's what I was thinking. I'd rather not relive the invincible backdash nightmare of SFIV.

*remembers SFIV Rose*

My problem with SFV is the core game. Everything feels watered down in some way. For example, the neutral tools are weaker compared to past games. It's dumb to say that SFV has no footsies, but I think we're all in agreement with the fact that neutral tools are weaker. Walk speed is slower than older SF titles. Normals have less range than past SF titles. Normals are also a frame or two slower than past SFV titles (apart from 3S I think). Same with active frames. Anti-air normals aren't that great compared to past SF titles. Some would even point out that proximity normals being taken out is a negative. Finally the input lag makes the tools even weaker.

The above won't change in SFV. I've already accepted it. No matter how much balance is changed, to me the core gameplay will stay the same due to the weaker neutral tools.

JFC. Just had a match that literally froze every other second, and then the person on the other end wants the rematch? But why?! They were clearly also affected by it.

That's what I was thinking. I'd rather not relive the invincible backdash nightmare of SFIV.

*remembers SFIV Rose*

The problem, I think, is that Capcom overcompensated for the complaints regarding invincible backdashes. It could still be a thing, without being so ridiculous.

I mean.. if you have a PC...

xUrKgko.jpg

But then other people won't be able to see my Juri in all her trashy glory.

Ucchedavāda;238349712 said:
JFC. Just had a match that literally froze every other second, and then the person on the other end wants the rematch? But why?! They were clearly also affected by it.
If they won the match then they want to win it again since you're clearly free in a laggy environment.

If they lost, gotta get them points back.

MechaX

I honestly think Capcom didn't think about the ways a character interacts with the new system and how things play out in a match in terms of fun. So focused on hitting balance that they didn't focus on making sure both players can have fun.

This is kind of funny to me since I have had the Core-A Gaming vid on queue for the past hour and haven't watched it yet, but this I feel is a big part of things. Like, I can understand making things exciting to the spectator. But after trying to get into SFV, I can definitely feel for players who have to fight the upper rank for the most part, it is just not that fun.

Farewell

Since days i can't seem to find any casual or ranked matches, it let's me search but it can't find one. I also can't join battlelounges, they are marked as "?" and it says i can't join them.

Can anyone help me here? Every other online game is fine, it's just this game, first time this happens to me.
Reset the router, restart or logging off cfn doesn't help. Im from Germany.

Ucchedavāda;238260795 said:
Have you setup port-forwarding on your router?

If not, try to forward the following ports to your PC:
TCP: 20002, 30840, 30850, 30870
UDP: 30840-30859, 30870-30879

If you set up port-forwarding previously, then check that your PC still has the same IP address that you specified when setting up the forwarding rules.

Was about to do port-forwarding and the game just updated ingame to 1.27,everything is fine again. Strange that i found no one online who had the same problem,but anyway it's working again! Thanks again :)

Village

Ucchedavāda;238349712 said:
But then other people won't be able to see my Juri in all her trashy glory.

I suppose that's part of the allure.

I don't mind, I use alex and I don't care if they can't see as long as I can see alex looks like this. I"m fine, because Capcpom sure as hell ain't making him look like that

Bulk_Rate

『Inaba Resident』;238321164 said:
Hop on Fightcade and play it then

I tried that and it is amazing. Unfortunately most players seem to be outside the US (my location), mainly South America so still had a touch of lag.

Top Bottom