• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Skilletor

I know I'm 100% late on this--and my old man memory probably forgot--but I never realized Abi's throw off his run actually was in FF. Mind blown.

2017-07-18-abigailtoss.gif

I watched Abby gameplay in FF after he was announced. His throw and his running straight punch are from FF. I laughed when I saw them.

Also, somebody called me a shitposter in the SF thread (and said 'as usual' lol), so I think I'm doing something right.

wtf is going on behind the statue of liberty in that gif!?!?

You've never seen a statue pissing out the sun?

Pompadour

I know I'm 100% late on this--and my old man memory probably forgot--but I never realized Abi's throw off his run actually was in FF. Mind blown.

Yeah, I was wondering how they were going to build a moveset over two shoddy looking moves (seriously, just a throw into the air?). The answer was, of course, beautifully.

Ryce

So is his punch.

The final hit of Abigail Punch is from Mighty Final Fight:

lbLC0lu.png

There's also a good chance that Giant Flip was inspired by this piece of artwork:

0MhUvwq.png

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I don't think that's true at all. Like a said, even without hardware limitations faces are wildly different. SF4 takes exaggeration to another level and SFV is more grounding in a way that 3s was. The use of colors is also much more bold like I said.

Guile's face from 4 to 5 doesn't seem like a natural evolution of 4's art-style, it's reverting back to a more grounded look like 3.

You have to remember. You're on a forum where if a game is slightly desaturated and there's a gun in it, its a next gen brown dudebro spacemarine shooter. If it has more than 3 colors its a ripoff of a Blizzard game.

Keylow415

I think the number one thing about max is that is not a street fighter guy and never has been. The only street fighter game he really loves is 3s and people thinks he's a. If street fighter guy. Also I think the bigger problem people have with him and I think he's realizing is that he holds a lot of influence on his viewers and they take his word as everything he says and likes as gospel and not just has one person opinion. So I gets annoying. I do enjoy his dime of his stuff and think he's a really charismatic guy but mostly non fgc stuff now.

Marvel

could never
I'm trying to think if I have ever shilled... I mean I love this game and talk loads about it. But I... I think I am pure and innocent.

Skilletor

I think the number one thing about max is that is not a street fighter guy and never has been. The only street fighter game he really loves is 3s and people thinks he's a. If street fighter guy. Also I think the bigger problem people have with him and I think he's realizing is that he holds a lot of influence on his viewers and they take his word as everything he says and likes as the truth and not just has one person opinion. So I gets annoying. I do enjoy his dime of his stuff and think he's a really charismatic guy but mostly non fgc stuff now.

I thought it was hilarious and sad when he had to defend his MvCI impressions because they were positive. It's the first time I've watched Max in awhile, but he said, "I know some of you aren't going to want to hear this..." and went on to talk about how much he enjoyed MvCI at EVO.

People wanted him to confirm their opinions (before they played it!), and he didn't.

I chuckled marvelously.

I'll take Scotia's spot on the roster if he don't want it.

The only way to solve this is a shill off.

What's worse is that Max was there live when Ken got revealed so for a few hours this was the only thing people knew about him until the trailer dropped.

Cue everyone's amusement when we watched the trailer for ourselves and immediately saw that Ken indeed was a shoto.
This isn't entirely fair to Max. Somethings you didn't know if you didn't play the beta or Ken when he first came out.

- Lights chained into mediums into heavies (Ken was completely different with like 5 bnb)
-Run canceled instantly like as soon as you took a step. Max was obviously hyped about this as he thought Ken would play like a pure rushdown character eg. Guy's run mixup
- RH Tatsu was safe on block, run was faster and stupid easy to pressure with.

Still no excuse for him saying he's not a shoto, but his immediate playstyles was very different from traditional shoto control horizontal and vertical space and he obviously hyped it up a bit.

Keylow415

This isn't entirely fair to Max. Somethings you didn't know if you didn't play the beta or Ken when he first came out.

- Lights chained into mediums into heavies (Ken was completely different with like 5 bnb)
-Run canceled instantly like as soon as you took a step. Max was obviously hyped about this as he thought Ken would play like a pure rushdown character eg. Guy's run mixup
- RH Tatsu was safe on block, run was faster and stupid easy to pressure with.

Still no excuse for him saying he's not a shoto, but his immediate playstyles was very different from traditional shoto control horizontal and vertical space and he obviously hyped it up a bit.

Well almost every character was more fun to play in. Beta and and beta two so

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hot damn I got that Abi fever. Sneaking in lab time like a fiend, wife yelling at me to do this and that, getting pissed. Street Fighter truly is life.

I actually would consider a Capcom tat. But like, not for just this era. But as a whole, no matter how much they go down the train.

I still like SFV tho.

Hot damn I got that Abi fever. Sneaking in lab time like a fiend, wife yelling at me to do this and that, getting pissed. Street Fighter truly is life.

My man.

I'm about to take his ass to ranked and lose some points.

I actually would consider a Capcom tat. But like, not for just this era. But as a whole, no matter how much they go down the train.

I still like SFV tho.
In keeping with modern Capcpom, it should read:

C A P C P O M
X-Kira just posted a video of the SFV menu screen with like 9 pages currently marked "Under Construction" added to the Information tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUhT75SI0q0
tenor.gif

Also lol at his CFN being #RipSFV

Yeah I too found out, and actually subscribed to Max because of his assist me series, which is genuinely good content.
After that he pretty much went full on "youtuber", complete with ye olde "youtube-thumbnails" and I haven't watched any of his videos since.

Top Bottom