• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm dropping SFV for now. Might come back if S3 is good.

If it is good then Kolin + Birdie will probably be my go-to.

I just know F.A.N.G is gonna stay dumpster tier for the duration of this game's life.

You should join the ranks of players that play ST in protest of SFV

He'd probably work actually if his overall damage output was a bit higher. His lack of options, garbage supers, and shit damage outside of supers hurt him more than his zoning does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e6QXsGkMzA

His zoning is actually pretty strong
I like Mike's Remy buffs for a hypothetical 3S Upper. He touches on pretty much everything you mention. More options, better supers, larger stun bar (seriously a big hole for a zoner) and higher overall damage. The bottom third of the 3S cast is missing a lot of obvious stuff.

Yeah I'm going to stop playing. It's bad for my health on top of Irma. I have never played a more stressful game than this.

Ran into two people on PC where the game was running half speed before and after the rounds and them lagging. I just can't.

Yeah I'm going to stop playing. It's bad for my health on top of Irma. I have never played a more stressful game than this.

Ran into two people on PC where the game was running half speed before and after the rounds and them lagging. I just can't.

Lol, I always thought of it as good cardio lol.
Also, I never play people on pc if I can help it. 9 times out of 10, lag cuts in when they're losing.

stop frontin.
I deleted the game quite a while ago, and right now I have my PS3 setup instead of my PS4. I'm probably gonna let my PS+ subscription lapse in November too. If the game does get the changes I wanna see in S3 then I'll buy the PC version if it goes on sale. Tired of the stupid fucking load times on PS4 when my PC can apparently run the game just fine!

Drop sfv luce and play xcom

Less rng Kappa
Oh you!

MrCarter

tenor.gif

You don't have to put yourself (and others) through that torture.

I deleted the game quite a while ago, and right now I have my PS3 setup instead of my PS4. I'm probably gonna let my PS+ subscription lapse in November too.

What you playing on the good old PS3?

I'm a staunch defender of SFV but I haven't played in quite a few months... :X

That shouldn't really say anything of SFV though, I've just been on a kick with so many other games this year.

MrCarter

I'm on a retro kick right now playing the metroid series for the first time in my life. Starting with Metroid Fusion. Can't believe how this amazing franchise has passed me by because the 2D pixel art, gameplay and soundtrack is just beautifully done.

I'm on a retro kick right now playing the metroid series for the first time in my life. Starting with Metroid Fusion. Can't believe how this amazing franchise has passed me by because the 2D pixel art, gameplay and soundtrack is just beautifully done.
I never really sat down and played the 2D metroids in comprehensively, but going from 2D to 3D with the Prime series was like going from 2D GG to 3D GG times a hundred. Prepare to be amazed by how well a gamecube era game can age when you finally reach the prime series (also, play it with a wii-mote for the pointer shooting and scanning).

FluxWaveZ

I played like garbage at DreamHack Montreal. The worst part is, it's tournament nerves that came back to me, when I thought I had mostly gotten over those in a way that it wouldn't affect how I played. It's different when you're on a streaming station, without headphones, with no proper game audio except the rumbling on-stage from the surrounding audio setup, and there's a bunch of people around you. Different vibe at bigger majors. Not used to that at all.

I wondered why it didn't affect me as much at Evo, and I realize that I was never put on stream there. I'm going to need to get a stick with a headphone jack.

HardRojo

Why didn't I think of creating a secondary account to stock on FM and purchase new characters as they come out just to practice and know them better? 🤦🏻*♂️ Should've done this ages ago, could've easily saved up for all of S2 characters.

I played like garbage at DreamHack Montreal. The worst part is, it's tournament nerves that came back to me, when I thought I had mostly gotten over those in a way that it wouldn't affect how I played. It's different when you're on a streaming station, without headphones, with no proper game audio except the rumbling on-stage from the surrounding audio setup, and there's a bunch of people around you. Different vibe at bigger majors. Not used to that at all.

I wondered why it didn't affect me as much at Evo, and I realize that I was never put on stream there. I'm going to need to get a stick with a headphone jack.

If there's no music being played from the setup, don't they allow you to plug in your own headphones to the back? That's what Fchamp usually does at least.

FluxWaveZ

If there's no music being played from the setup, don't they allow you to plug in your own headphones to the back? That's what Fchamp usually does at least.

Not sure; I didn't hear anything about that. Fchamp wasn't using his own headphones during his games, at least.

SFV, Marvel, and a few other games are all I've been playing lately. Maybe because every time I get in a rut I just hit up my locals and the game gets fresh again.

Need to finish Yakuza tho so I can get Kiwami on deck. But non fighting games that aren't beatem ups bore the shit outta me.

Shanaynay

My fighting stick should arrive soon, monday or thursday at most. I'm really looking forward to try the painful transition from pad to fightstick.

Also i've played around with some characters lately and i've found a liking to Nash so i think i'll make him my main.

Transitioning shouldn't take you too long. Like a month or so, just keep on practicing!

Went 1-2 at Norcal Rivals and had one of my losing games on stream. Still pretty stoked I didn't go 0-2.

That's the best feeling. Though now I kinda hope for fighting people far above my level so I can in turn level up.

Out of curiosity, is there any particular "training drill" i could do that could help adapt easier?

Just hammer out motions in training i.e. doing a hadoken ten times with out failing

And maybe check out a few videos on stick grips and other stick techniques. Most of this stuff you find yourself over time, but its good to have an idea of what most other people do.

Shanaynay

Just hammer out motions in training i.e. doing a hadoken ten times with out failing

And maybe check out a few videos on stick grips and other stick techniques. Most of this stuff you find yourself over time, but its good to have an idea of what most other people do.

Oh i didn't think of that actually! Thanks i'll keep that in mind, my stick can't arrive soon enough.

Because of Marvel, my plans have changed. Now I'm getting Destiny 2 for the PS4 and I guess my PC upgrade is gonna wait a while.

Guess I'm stuck on the PS4 for all my fighting game and shooting game needs till next year.

Sayad

Because of Marvel, my plans have changed. Now I'm getting Destiny 2 for the PS4 and I guess my PC upgrade is gonna wait a while.

Guess I'm stuck on the PS4 for all my fighting game and shooting game needs till next year.
Gave in and picked it up on PS4 too since that's where pretty much everyone I wanted to play with is!

:(

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Out of curiosity, is there any particular "training drill" i could do that could help adapt easier?
Just do your moves and basic combos a bunch in training mode until you can do it many times in a row without error. Don't expect to get better instantly in one session; it's the kind I thing that you do one day and then see improvement the next. Give your brain some downtime time to process and build new muscle memory.

Blueblur1

While watching Infil win I totally forgot about the hurricane outside. Lol

Its pounding away on Florida. I'm safe inside my house and luckily still have power, cable and internet. Ty for the kind words from the other day, guys. :)

Top Bottom